View Full Version : Most ridiculous NOLA post of the day

Patrick
01-29-2006, 04:46 PM
I wonder if this guy is a writer for the New Orleans Times. He makes stuff up just like they do! LOL!
'
----------

6090. wow... he realizees too
by saintsfan222 (http://www.nola.com/forums/profile.ssf?nickname=saintsfan222), 1/29/06 18:00 ET From NBA.COM wire reports...
In a noon press conference today, owner George Shinn of the New Orleans/ Oklahoma City Hornets had some twisted and unruly things to say to the media about Oklahomans.
This outspoken debocle is the 2nd time in two days the owner has come out and said something directly to the media. In his statements he is mocking the population of Oklahoma City and making fun of their well steriotypical background.
---------ADVERTISEMENT----------------
"Well, I, along with Coach Scott over here do not think many Oklahomans will be showing up in New Orleans on March 8th or any of the other games down there." says Shinn. When asked why he does not think this, he replied, "Well, unfortunatly the New Orleans Arena does not have trailor parking, and no offense, but I have noticed many trailors popping up around the games in Oklahoma City. Nothing against these fine citizens, but they are pretty white trash."
This is the second time Mr. Shinn has come out and made controversial statements in the last two days.
The Hornets relocated to Oklahoma City after their hometown New Orleans was damaged by Hurricane Katrina. Six games were scheduled to be played in Baton Rouge this season with two moved away, one played there and the other three to be played in March. NBA.com staff wire reports contributed to this report

writerranger
01-29-2006, 08:17 PM
self delete

Karried
01-29-2006, 08:23 PM
No No No!!! This guy made it up - he's a complete jerk and he made it look like Shinn was quoted..

The real article is on www.nola.com (http://www.nola.com) very encouraging for OKC

writerranger
01-29-2006, 08:27 PM
I realized that after actually reading the whole thing, with the typos and all. They are getting a tad touchy, aren't they?

Karried
01-29-2006, 08:52 PM
I think they are realizing they are losing the team.. in all actuality, I do feel badly for some of the good people there, but many on that board are low lifes.. they are very insulting and keep resorting to lame and stale insults that might have been true 100 years ago .. ie dust bowl, nothing to do here, etc etc but, that's okay, we have the team and the reputation of a classy city.. something after the Katrina debacle, they will never have.

Patrick
01-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Yup, just what I said: "He makes stuff up just like they do!"

CapCom
01-29-2006, 09:01 PM
Yep, I agree Karried. We do have a classy city and it didn't even take beads, boobs, bourbon or beer.