View Full Version : Hornets in OKC next season

Patrick
01-28-2006, 12:50 AM
With an NBA-imposed deadline just days away, it appears likely that the Hornets will be based in Oklahoma City next season and visit New Orleans for just a handful of games with an understanding the team would return to the Crescent City for the 2007-08 season, league sources said Friday.

http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1138431659243320.xml (http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1138431659243320.xml)

Patrick
01-28-2006, 12:52 AM
Funny how these folks think the Hornets will be returning to NOLA, after two seasons in OKC. Heck, we'll have had the Hornets almost as long as they did! LOL!

Patrick
01-28-2006, 12:53 AM
From a poster on Hornets Report:

Six to eight games is unacceptable. They have to know we can fill the NO Arena for at least twice as many games. I have already purchased my tickets to the March games but I would not have if they had already announced we were getting only 6-8 games next season. I will not attend any Hornet games if we get only 6-8 games. Especially if we get another statement about how it is their "plan" and "intention" to return to NO in 07-08.

Sorry, but having three games in NO this season and eight the following season will do nothing but cause the fan base down here to be non-existent. Fans may forget NO has a NBA team.

Patrick
01-28-2006, 12:54 AM
Those people from NOLA are pretty ignorant. Boycott those games in March, show a lack of support, and they surely won't get the team back.

Patrick
01-28-2006, 12:57 AM
I think I'm going to start a new column every few days or so highlighting the latest ignorant comment from Hornets Report.

Todd
01-28-2006, 05:26 AM
Excellent idea!

Karried
01-28-2006, 08:10 AM
New column? You'll need a new message board!

Actually, HR isn't all that bad, it's the NOLA board that is pretty ugly.

I try to remember, they didn't ask to be hit by a hurricane and didn't ask to lose the team they wanted to love this year.. but I have since figured out that the fan support just wasn't there in NO .. apparently they have so many more things to do there compared to OKC that they couldn't find time to attend the games.. now since we are such a desolate waste of space with not one entertainment option, we have embraced the Hornets..

they can believe that if it makes them feel better.

I still wish NO all the best and hope they do rebuild a better city in the long run. I think Katrina exposed a place that none of us really knew existed. NO needs to focus on improving poverty and public schools not the Hornets.

Patrick
01-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Guess it shows you how ignorant I am. I didn't realize there was a NOLA board. LOL!. Okay, my columns will come from ignorant posts from either forum!

Patrick
01-28-2006, 06:41 PM
From Karried:

What does all this mean??

MEMPHIS _ The Hornets are coming back to Oklahoma City next season for a majority of their schedule, but their long-term future is still uncertain, contrary to reports.
Arena use agreement
Relocation memorandum

The New Orleans Times-Picayune reported Saturday that there was "an understanding" the team would return to New Orleans for the 2007-08, according to sources.

"That's somebody leaking out the final proposal (the Hornets) haven't agreed to," an NBA source told The Oklahoman on Saturday.

"There is no deal (for the long-term)," the source said. "What was in the Times-Picayune was inaccurate. The Hornets have not agreed to anything."

The NBA is set to announce this week the arrangement for the team next year, which will be similar to this season, according to sources. The team will play a majority of its games in the Ford Center, with a handful at the New Orleans Arena.