View Full Version : Myspace.com vs. Classmates.com

Faith
01-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Just a bit of advice... If you are wanting to reconnect with your old friends from school I wouldn't pay the money to classmates.com in order to do so. Myspace.com is absolutely free and easy to connect with old classmates. It seems as if everyone is getting a myspace page. Even Jack and Ron have one now... if you like Jack and Ron!

Midtowner
01-24-2006, 09:00 AM
facebook is my tool of choice.

However, it requires you have a university email address.

bandnerd
01-24-2006, 09:05 AM
They're making a high school facebook now. Goodie.

Faith
01-24-2006, 09:06 AM
What is facebook? Is it for college students to reconnect with former classmates?

Midtowner
01-24-2006, 09:10 AM
It's mostly for current college students since it requires a university issued email to register. I'm on there as an alumnus of one school and a current student at another, so I actually have 2 facebook pages.

It's pretty good for staying in touch, and on some campuses, it's all but required.

TStheThird
01-24-2006, 11:21 PM
It also allows for you to search for all of your high school classmates that are on Facebook. You can search by high school and graduation year.

bandnerd
01-25-2006, 05:43 AM
Yeah, a lot of high school people have been contacting me lately. None are from my class year, though. I'm the only one on there from the class of '99. But I went to a small school, very small, so kids from other grades knew me.

I'm hoping this doesn't backfire somehow :P