View Full Version : Where do your kids go to school?

Patrick
01-23-2006, 06:20 PM
In this thread, we state where our kids go to school. We also give our opinions about the various schools mentioned.

bandnerd
01-23-2006, 07:33 PM
Lord, if I had kids they'd be going to private school or a charter school because near downtown there just isn't much in the way of good schools!

Intrepid
01-24-2006, 04:10 AM
My little one attends Moore Schools. I grew up in, and graduated from, Moore schools as well.

Moore has always had a reputation as one of the best school systems in the state.

Faith
01-24-2006, 07:52 AM
My son attends a private Lutheran Church School in Moore. We love it there and he gets the one on one attention that he needs. He is very gifted in art and is already reading good at 5 years old. The public school he went to briefly couldn't meet the curriculum needs that I wanted for him. They didn't even try to accomodate. Also, my son gets to attend chapel once a week at school and learn more about Jesus and the Bible.

Jack
01-28-2006, 11:49 AM
Lord, if I had kids they'd be going to private school or a charter school because near downtown there just isn't much in the way of good schools!

You guys need to let your kids experience the real world.

bandnerd
01-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Okay, just because kids don't go to low-scoring schools doesn't mean they don't experience the real world. I teach in a charter school with a very culturally diverse population and the vast majority of the kids come from one-parent low-income families that have their share (sometimes more than their share) of problems.

I wouldn't keep my kids from going to a "bad" school because of the experiences--I would want my kids to get a good education, seeing as that's what school is for and all.

Keith
01-28-2006, 03:01 PM
My son attends a private Lutheran Church School in Moore. We love it there and he gets the one on one attention that he needs. He is very gifted in art and is already reading good at 5 years old. The public school he went to briefly couldn't meet the curriculum needs that I wanted for him. They didn't even try to accomodate. Also, my son gets to attend chapel once a week at school and learn more about Jesus and the Bible.
That's great, okcgoddess, I'm glad things are working out for your children. I know you worked hard and long trying to get your son in a private school.

My son attends a public high school....and he loves it and is learning just as much as anyone in a private school. My daughter goes to a charter school, and really loves it. Both of my kids are excellent students, so I am satisfied.