View Full Version : Dating Tips

Karried
01-23-2006, 05:54 PM
I searched for some tips in dating.. here are a few that I liked:

3 Steps to Meeting Your Perfect Mate

1. Know yourself. What are you looking for and why? In the upcoming year do you want to be in a casual dating relationship or are you looking to begin dating a serious prospect. What is your ultimate goal? The first step in reaching a goal is to determine what that goal is.

2. Do you have anything from your past interfering with your ability to be in a good relationship? For some people to be prepared to be in a serious intimate relationship they need to let go of old issues. </B>Do you have any hidden or lingering feelings to deal with? Are you willing to do what you need to, to let go and move forward with your life?

3. Are you putting your best foot forward when you date? This question is all about how you feel about yourself. Would you be happier if you were in better shape, or if you had your personal affairs in better shape? Finding success in dating often happens when people are in a positive frame of mind

Any thoughts on how guys can deal better with rejection?

It's been proven that one of the biggest causes of unhappiness occurs when people take things personally that they shouldn't.

This can happen when a restaurant messes up your order, when a place you really want to go to is closed on that particular day, or when a woman rejects your attempt to start a conversation with her.

None of these things are personal attacks on you. So instead of letting them affect your self-esteem, give yourself credit (http://www.askmen.com/intermediate/dating/datingadvice_179_doubledating.html) where credit is due.

If you approach a woman and she doesn't want to talk to you, give yourself credit for trying.

You don't know what's going on in her life -- she could have a boyfriend, or just be having a bad day. Either way, it's not you.

Pat yourself on the back, and move on.

What would you say is the key to attracting high-quality women?

To attract a high-quality woman, a man needs to build a high-quality life for himself.
Sometimes this is hard for a lonely guy to understand. As a man, it's almost natural to feel as though a great woman will be the answer to all of your problems.
But here's the ironic part... Although this might seem true, the fact is that the feeling of needing a woman to solve all of your problems creates problems with every woman you meet.
What sort of problems does this create and how important is a good attitude when approaching women?

It's called neediness, which -- you guessed it -- also translates into wussiness.
And there is only one cure...
You need to build a life for yourself that gives you internal satisfaction, and you don't need a woman to do it!
But like they say in the movies... "If you build it... she will come."
So how do you do this?
Well, first of all, you need to start doing things for yourself.
Develop a social circle that gives you a ton of activities to participate in that you enjoy. Polish relations with your family -- do whatever it takes. You'll feel much better, and more content.
If there are some hobbies that you've wanted to take up, go for it. Develop interests outside of picking up women that are exciting for you.
Do some of the things that you've been putting off for a long time. If you've always wanted to skydive or climb a mountain, make it happen, so you can look back at yourself a year from now and be proud and excited about what you've accomplished.
Don't get too obsessed with learning how to meet women. But do get obsessed with having a great life. That is the key.

How important is a "good attitude" in approaching women?

If you spend a lot time with guys who are "naturally" successful with women, you'll notice that their attitudes are very different from most "regular" guys'.
One of the biggest lessons you can learn here is that "naturals" always assume a woman wants them, no matter what.
A great way to incorporate this into your behavior is to take every sign a woman gives you as a positive thing. If she looks away while you are talking, it's a positive thing. She's probably just trying to look distant because she's playing hard to get.
If she doesn't agree with something you say, that's another good sign.
If she mentions another man while you are talking, even better.
When you truly believe that everything a woman says or does is a positive thing, she has no choice but to pick up on the powerful vibe of confidence you are sending and become very turned on, even if she had negative thoughts about you in the first place.
Powerful stuff.

sweetdaisy
01-24-2006, 11:18 AM
Hmmm....thanks for the dating tips, Karried. They are good, though I'm personally not trying to attract high-quality women. ;)

Any tips for the gals available? :D

Midtowner
01-24-2006, 11:30 AM
I don't see how that couldn't work for women as well as men.

I can't find anything wrong with the above text though. Sounds like common sense to me.

I can boil this whole passage down to two sentences:
To put it another way, if you suck, no one will want to be around you. If you want to meet someone special, try not to suck so much.

sweetdaisy
01-24-2006, 12:12 PM
Ha ha! Great tip, Midtowner! Try not to suck so much...Thanks! :D

(Of course, this is coming from the guy who just posted a picture of Butthead - which I LOVED!!! HEE HEE!)

osupa05
01-24-2006, 01:37 PM
They are great tips! I think that that key is to not look for a relationship to meet the needs within yourself! I think that God created us as social beings with the need to interact with other people, but if you don't know how to be content when you are not in a relationship, then every relationship you have will be doomed (IMHumbleO). When you look to another person to meet your needs, then when they don't, you end up blaming that person.. and it's not their fault, because it's your need! (O.K., so I did learn that in church..just my paraphrase!) Then things get messy. (I learned that one from experience!) Learn to be satisfied no matter what, and then when that amazing person comes into your life, you will have contentment and joy to bring to the relationship instead of neediness! O.K., so I'm not there yet, but I'm a work in progress... everybody has a learning curve!!!

Jay
01-24-2006, 03:02 PM
(Nevermind Whoops!)

windowphobe
01-24-2006, 04:09 PM
I would never discourage someone from sucking.

(What? Oh. Sorry.)

Oki_Man5
01-24-2006, 05:15 PM

(What? Oh. Sorry.)

LOL If I had said that, some of the members here would jump out their windows being sure I was stalking them. I can't help but laugh about it; sorry! Still Laughing tho.

sweetdaisy
01-24-2006, 05:26 PM

(What? Oh. Sorry.)

Glad SOMEONE said it! hee hee!
:boff: