View Full Version : Meeting or What?

Leon
01-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Two weeks ago, when the most recent outing effort fell flat there was a mention about trying something this weekend, Jan 27 or 28. Has anyone thought any more about it? Seems like someone mentioned some happenings in El Reno or Yukon.

Anyway, I got an invitation to join another group of folks I've never met before this coming weekend. I know a little more about you folks as individuals so I'd rather meet you face to face first. But that's an established group that meets regularly. I know they will get together. They do so monthly.

So y'all let me know if you want to meet this Friday or Saturday. If it begins to sound like it will actually happen I'll be seeing you. Either way I'm gonna have a good time.

kellekokid
01-23-2006, 11:38 PM
I'll be "working" some of the weekend at the Friend's of the Moore Library's book sale but I will be glad to go do something somewhere...the housemate's daughter plus his g/f and her 3 kids are all going to be at the house so I won't have any place to even stand let alone relax and enjoy my days off.
So...I'm game

sweetdaisy
01-24-2006, 11:16 AM
I'm game, too. whatcha wanna do?

Leon
01-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Anyone up for the Loony Bin?

Intrepid
01-26-2006, 07:04 PM
I should be able to attend something this weekend.

Oki_Man5
01-26-2006, 07:06 PM
I finally got the roof on the garage just today I finished, so I am free. LOL

OOPS! I forgot---I am married.

Youall have a great time tho.

Pete

Leon
01-26-2006, 07:18 PM
I finally got the roof on the garage just today I finished, so I am free. LOL

OOPS! I forgot---I am married.

Youall have a great time tho.

Pete

Married doesn't matter. The more, the merrier.

Leon
01-26-2006, 07:31 PM
OK....I just called.

Tomorrow shows are 8:00 and 10:30. The 8:00 is non-smoking.

Two comedians....Alex ???? and Brandon ???? Ya know I can't write as fast as that lady talks so I have no last names.

Reservations would be best but must be made before 9:30 tonight or after 2:00 tomorrow.

Let me know for sure tonight. I'll check this thread until bedtime tonight and before work in the morning and make a reservation soon after 2:00 tomorrow. Let me know your preference for a show time. I can make either....of course if it's the early show, I'll be ready to do something more when we have to leave to make room for the 10:30 show....any ideas for that?

PM me for my home phone, or email me at leontemp@cox.net if you have any questions.

Leon
01-26-2006, 07:35 PM
http://www.loonybincomedy.com/ok/logo.jpg

http://www.loonybincomedy.com/ok/

Tickets $10.00
Don't stay away because of that, I'll cover ya if needed.

Intrepid
01-26-2006, 07:49 PM
If we do the 8pm show, I'd like to do dinner afterwards somewhere. What's everyone's thoughts?

Leon
01-26-2006, 08:01 PM
Intrepid, you're the third 'for sure'.
Dinner's OK by me, I'm always willing to eat!
The Loony bin is near the NW Expressway....Plenty of places to eat there.

Jay
01-26-2006, 10:34 PM
I would love to go but it looks like my schedule is going to be full for the foreseeable future.

My work and class schedule pretty much cover each other. If I am off work, I have school. If do not have class I have to work.

I am a little excited about it. The classes I am taking are cool and the people in them are some good friends of mine I have met while attending school. I am taking on a new position at work that should be a lot fun.

I had dinner and drinks with some classmates of mine at Cheeseburger In Paradise tonight. I recommend you guys go there to eat because their open late and the food is kick ass.

Leon
01-27-2006, 06:41 AM
OK....we have three. I can't check here or my email while at work. So I'll make reservations for six. I'll back them off when I get home at 4:30 if we have no more takers.

gbyte
01-27-2006, 07:31 AM
would go but my weekend is filled and will be out of town on Sat myself :|

sweetdaisy
01-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Hmmm...I would love to go except I've made plans. Perhaps if we try planning ahead by more than just one day next time? PLEASE?

(Note, I responded on Tuesday saying I'd be game for hanging out this weekend, but nothing....)

Intrepid
01-27-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm not going to be able to make it. Huge headache all day long. Going to sleep it off. Plus, I found out today that I have to be at work at 8am tomorrow for OT.

Sorry all....

Leon
01-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Cancelling the reservation.

Moving on to plan B.

Leon
01-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Ya know folks, I'm not pissed off, really. But this somewhat feels like a slap in the face...a 'go away little boy'. That's my intuition talking. it's extremely discouraging. But life's experiences have taught me to listen to it.

Over the past year I've suggested dozens of events to meet you people as a group. I've tried to pick places other than loud night clubs so we could hold conversations and maybe get to know each other better. I've not intended for them to be match-making events for us to 'hook up'...just a way for us all to increase our circle of 'friends' and not 'expect' anything from one another. I have repeatedly offered to cover the expenses for anyone who could readily afford it (college students, single parents) but to no avail. I had $300.00 set aside for you folks tonight.

Without exception though every effort has fallen through except for one Redhawks' game which was rescheduled to a time I could not attend myself.

Mr Anderson even attempted to set up a recurring monthly get-together. But that stuff can take a lot of effort especially when you can only expect one or two people to attend.

I hold absolutely nothing against this group. I really like you all. I'd be more than willing to help any of you if you were ever in a time of need regardless of what it might be.

However, I don't perceive that the feeling is anywhere close to mutual or even accepting.

So, In my discouragement you should know now that if I was remotely considered to be the "Event Coordinator" I'm resigning that position now. I've been absolutelly 0% successful at it. And I won't try again...I believe it's fruitless.

I dunno if there's an issue with Leon....maybe. But I'm sure the next coordinator will have more success....it couldn't be any less.

In the future you'll see less and less of Leon around here. And the few posts I make will be much lower keyed. I believe I'll just fade away 'til my membership runs dry then be gone all together.

BTW: If anyone decides to coord a Looney Bin outing, tickets are $10.00 plus one purchase;; 15% gratuity for groups of six or more. They don't provide seperate tickets. And you need to arrive together to guarantee sitting together...and arrive as a group 45 mnutes before showtime.

Bye All.

Audie AKA Leon

Oki_Man5
01-28-2006, 06:01 AM
To an extent, I know what you mean, Leon.

I was having a great time here posting what I thought was harmless tidbits of whatever, and all the while,I thought my posts went along with the issue.

Then, I got my warning that I was hijacking threads, and some of the members were apparently afraid I am stalking them to the extent that I had to be warned.

What a crock! But it surely broke my spirit, yet I still log onto this board as I do many others that are just about as active as this one is, it is tough to get myself to make a post for fear that I will ruin someone's day.

I guess I am hijacking your thread here in relating this info rather than sticking to the topic of whether there should be a meeting or not, but in my mind, the two are inseparable---it should all be geared to the increased activity of the board.

I will apologize for my comment that I had finished the roof, and I might be available for the meet; then, disclaiming that by my being married, and I could not go. That post was meant to be said in jest, and I hoped it was evident; maybe it was, but it now has me concerned that I may have contributed to the problem.

For all who think I am here to stalk you, let me assure you that I am a happily married older gentleman who has all the intimacy he wants or can handle even for that matter right here at home, you should not use me to bolster your ego that someone out there wants you. If I did concern you, you can rest assured that you have retaliated and got even by ruining my chances at having a good time here.

Karried
01-28-2006, 07:59 AM
Leon, let me express something to you that I have learned many years ago when I first started going online and making friends. It is amazingly hard for members to give up their anonymity. They are afraid of letting you see the real person - they are afraid of letting people see the real person and want to maintain the mystique. This happens over and over on message boards and email exchanges.

Leon, I applaud your efforts and I too was saddened watching all of your efforts to get together fall apart. It is hard to see how many people are lonely and wanting friends and dates and then let the fear overtake them. It probably isn't even conscious in a lot of ways.. a little reason comes up and they bow out. It is not directed at you in any way. It is hard for some people to take the first step - they probably feel vulnerable. This may or may not be true for all members, but I have experienced this repeatedly - even on cruise ships message boards when you've been talking to people for more than a year - we plan on meeting and only one or two people show up! And it's on a cruise ship! Where can you hide? LOL But I don't take it personally. I just grab my umbrella drink and do the conga .. and you should too!

My point is please don't take it personally either. Spring is right around the corner and there will be plenty of opportunities to get together..

Oki Man5, as a moderator, I am privvy to posts being reported.. typically this is not the place to discuss issues such as this. But, to clear this up and put it to rest, I have to say that I do not recall one mention of what you are implying. No one said anything to the effect of stalking in any way, shape or form. The report was in reference to hijacking threads and having possibly inappropriate posts in the wrong thread. Please PM me or othermods if you need more details or want to discuss it further.

We all enjoy this board but is a public board & there does have to be rules and limitations on what & where things are posted.

Keep posting guys. We all appreciate both of your insights.

Curt
01-28-2006, 08:26 AM
I still dont understand why no one can make the effort to get together.Obviously I cant, but if you can give people a weeks notice it seems to me that at least two or three can at least do something. Leon and Oki-Man I also enjoy reading your posts and wish you would not stop posting. I myself dont post alot also for obvious reasons,alot of what I have to say is irrelevant because I dont live there so I have no idea on what is going on there sometimes, but rest assured I am here alot reading. Sometimes I just have to do my homework a little more before posting when I dont have all the facts about things.Anyway back to the topic, I think it's kinda sad that Leon tried so many times to get something together and it falls apart. A headache can be taken care of with asprin, and being to work the next morning should not affect going out for a few hours the night before, there are times when I am out or up until 1 or 2 in the morning, but still go to work at 7 a.m.There will be plenty of time to sleep when I am older.

sweetdaisy
01-28-2006, 09:45 AM
I still dont understand why no one can make the effort to get together.Obviously I cant, but if you can give people a weeks notice it seems to me that at least two or three can at least do something.

This is a very good point, mariner. I would agree that a few people should be able to get together.

While I feel badly for Leon that things didn't pan out yesterday, I don't see why there is so much stress about the situation. What's wrong with two or three people making it out to an event? Sometimes it has to start that way before it becomes anything of significance to others. Not everyone wants to be a leader...they'd prefer to join in after something is established.

Personally, I really would've liked to have gone last nite. however, like I stated before, posting a suggestion one day before and expecting a huge turnout is not reasonable. On Tuesday I was asking "hey, whatcha wanna do? I'm in". As a single woman who is desperately trying to get out and do more, I cannot leave both of my weekend nights open in hopes that someone will plan something. I kept checking the thread on Tuesday and Wednesday to see if there was a response. Unfortunately, I had tons of work on Thursday and into the evening, so I don't think I even got online...that's when the post was finally made.

Leon, I successfully met with two of the other single gals, but I believe we started planning about 2 weeks in advance? We specifically put the evening aside so we could meet and greet and enjoy each other's company.

I've already spoken with Kellekokid about trying to do comedy club in a couple of weeks. (I believe the 10th) Leon, if you know your schedule and will in town that day, etc., please PM me & Kellekokid. If that will not work for you, give us a different day. Any other singles who would like to get together, PM me. I will set it up. If you decide at the last minute you don't want to come, well sorry for you. My happy ass is going to the comedy club. :D

No stress, guys! This is supposed to be fun. I don't think there's any fear of stalking or anything else, and if someone's trying to turn stalker, think twice, cuz I'll kick you in the shin. ;)

Group hug to all my single brethren out there!!!

sweetdaisy
01-28-2006, 09:50 AM
And though I'm setting myself up for a warning from the mods, I just want to say that I enjoy your posts, Okiman. You're a hoot and though a little random sometimes, I enjoy the fact that you sometimes diffuse some situations through your posts.

Maybe try to stick to the topic a little better so you don't get "told on", but continue posting, darlin! I get a kick out of you! :D

BTW, congrats on finishing your roof! I know you must be very pleased (and just in time, considering we FINALLY got some rain! WHOO HOO!)

dirtrider73068
01-28-2006, 09:54 AM
Leon,
Don't give up, I am one that will feel like I want to go but don't why I don't post to go to meetings, but can I suggest that a meeting be set, and day and time set then those that want to go and show up do, those that don't, well it was there lost. It maybe better when it gets warmer, and could plan picinics, or a trip to the lake for a day. I useally don't go to the city, if its anywhere past 59th. I don't like driveing in the city and really don't like when I am trying to find a place that I don't know where its at. Because of my depression and axiety I would like to try and get out, but its hard to go to a unfamiler place, I get uncomfortable and can't have a good time. What about planning something that is in moore or norman and switching it around to make it easier to attend. I kinda would like to help but don't know what to do to plan anything. I would mind have a get together here at my place and maybe have a hamburger cookout or something. Don't give up, plan a outing, and say this is where I am goin got be if those want to join they will show up.

Ya know folks, I'm not pissed off, really. But this somewhat feels like a slap in the face...a 'go away little boy'. That's my intuition talking. it's extremely discouraging. But life's experiences have taught me to listen to it.

Over the past year I've suggested dozens of events to meet you people as a group. I've tried to pick places other than loud night clubs so we could hold conversations and maybe get to know each other better. I've not intended for them to be match-making events for us to 'hook up'...just a way for us all to increase our circle of 'friends' and not 'expect' anything from one another. I have repeatedly offered to cover the expenses for anyone who could readily afford it (college students, single parents) but to no avail. I had $300.00 set aside for you folks tonight.

Without exception though every effort has fallen through except for one Redhawks' game which was rescheduled to a time I could not attend myself.

Mr Anderson even attempted to set up a recurring monthly get-together. But that stuff can take a lot of effort especially when you can only expect one or two people to attend.

I hold absolutely nothing against this group. I really like you all. I'd be more than willing to help any of you if you were ever in a time of need regardless of what it might be.

However, I don't perceive that the feeling is anywhere close to mutual or even accepting.

So, In my discouragement you should know now that if I was remotely considered to be the "Event Coordinator" I'm resigning that position now. I've been absolutelly 0% successful at it. And I won't try again...I believe it's fruitless.

I dunno if there's an issue with Leon....maybe. But I'm sure the next coordinator will have more success....it couldn't be any less.

In the future you'll see less and less of Leon around here. And the few posts I make will be much lower keyed. I believe I'll just fade away 'til my membership runs dry then be gone all together.

BTW: If anyone decides to coord a Looney Bin outing, tickets are $10.00 plus one purchase;; 15% gratuity for groups of six or more. They don't provide seperate tickets. And you need to arrive together to guarantee sitting together...and arrive as a group 45 mnutes before showtime.

Bye All.

Audie AKA Leon

Curt
01-28-2006, 09:57 AM
Very well said Daisy. I mean a days notice is not much sometimes for even just two people to get together. But a week should give two or three people enuff time to plan sumthin.It cant be easy being an activity coordinater so why have just one? I mean if something comes up just let everyone know about it, does not have to be one persons job. Working can make it hard for just one person to make all the arangements, espicially if you cant use the phone much or use the computer much at work. I work in a shop environment so it's sometimes hard for myself, but again that does not relate to this because I cant join ya'll anyway.Then you all could have the group of freinds I have...what a boring bunch of people, everytime I do suggest anything to do no one wants to do it so here I sit alot of nights dreaming about my Harley...LOL.

Curt
01-28-2006, 10:01 AM
[QUOTE=sweetdaisy] but continue posting, darlin! I get a kick out of you! :D

QUOTE]
Oki-Man, although I wont call you darlin'cuz I am a dude also and that would just be wrong:LolLolLol , I wish you would keep posting, like Daisy said it breaks the tension alot of times, even if one does get off topic a little, nothing wrong with a little clean fun.

Curt
01-28-2006, 10:09 AM
Leon,
Don't give up, I am one that will feel like I want to go but don't why I don't post to go to meetings, but can I suggest that a meeting be set, and day and time set then those that want to go and show up do, those that don't, well it was there lost. It maybe better when it gets warmer, and could plan picinics, or a trip to the lake for a day. I useally don't go to the city, if its anywhere past 59th. I don't like driveing in the city and really don't like when I am trying to find a place that I don't know where its at. Because of my depression and axiety I would like to try and get out, but its hard to go to a unfamiler place, I get uncomfortable and can't have a good time. What about planning something that is in moore or norman and switching it around to make it easier to attend. I kinda would like to help but don't know what to do to plan anything. I would mind have a get together here at my place and maybe have a hamburger cookout or something. Don't give up, plan a outing, and say this is where I am goin got be if those want to join they will show up.
:congrats: Dirtrider, I can understand not wanting to go places alone or having a hard time meeting new people, I used to be like that but once I started going places alone and meeting people it breaks that fear and it can be alot of fun. heck I once went to a Springsteen concert alone cuz no one else wanted to go, and I like to travel alone alot cuz then I can do what I waint to do. I think you offering a cookout at your place is a real nice thing to do and I aplaud you on that.Money can also always be an issue thesedays, but what the heck, everybody just bring one dish and some beverages and it will take care of itself.

Curt
01-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Ok, it posted twice cuz I tried to edit some misspelling.

dirtrider73068
01-28-2006, 10:18 AM
A cookout is cheap, shoot a fam pack of pattys is what like 10 bucks then buns and the makings. Maybe I will have to get some of my junk moved around and organized and plan something at my place. I have been trying to get out more and get around to break from this anxeity, I actually was able to go out last night, had the kids taken care of for me, so I had some alone time, and it was great to get out, and go do stuff. Plus it gave me a chance to go ride my motorcycle, which relaxes me anyways. Maybe that would help some of the people be relaxed if a some meeting were held at a house maybe it would help ease some tension or nerves, I know it would me, have that feel of home, then work to getting out to other places.

Leon
01-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Against my better judgement I'll respond to the lambasting I'm receiving for the "one-day" notice.

The first three words in this thread are "Two weeks ago....". That was in reference to a different thread in which FIVE of us agreed THIS would be a good weekend to get together.

Also two weeks ago (Kelley, correct me if I'm wrong.) some event was discussed during the ladies' night out that was going on THIS weekend that everyone could participate in.

I had hoped we'd hear more about it. So I waited a week to start THIS thread....(last Sunday!) and it took four days to get three responses. So I put something together as fast as I could with the time I had to save the opportunity. I did the best I could. Nonetheless it's turned out to be a thankless waste of time and effort.

I'm sorry. May I please be untied from the whipping post now?:whiteflag

So good luck to anyone who attempts to put something together for you folks on the 10th. Rest assured it won't be me. Whether it's successful or not I at least will acknowledge your efforts. Word of advice, start today.

Curt
01-28-2006, 03:27 PM
I'd like to say something here people, and I do this with caution cuz I dont want to piss anyone off.I think Leon tried the best he could to give plenty of notice, IMHO.Sometimes it is hard to get together, no doubt and I can understand that, why not say like and I dont know if this is possible cuz I know some of you go to school or work odd hours, but how about if every month say on the second Thursday or Saturday, or whatever day you pick you all got together somewhere, that way you would know from month to month that ok, that day is set aside for an outing every month, I mean it's only evening a month, or four hours a month.Yes, no? just let me know if I am interfering.

sweetdaisy
01-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Leon, I'm sorry if you feel like you are being lambasted for one day notice. Like I said, that is MY excuse for not being able to do anything last nite. I have no idea what other people's reasoning is. So I will apologize if I have made you feel like you're being "whipped" for this.

The only point I will touch on: Saying "yes, such and such would be a good weekend to get together" in no way identifies what day/time the plans are being made for. If everyone had agreed a couple weeks ago that the evening of January 27 was the night we would be getting together, then I would most definately agree with your feelings on this matter.

Regarding the event that was going on this weekend that was discussed at the girl's nite? I'm not sure what that was. Perhaps it was the discussion of us doing a road trip to Stillwater sometime so Osupa and I could revisit our old haunts? (Although, I was pretty hopped up on diet coke that nite) Kelley would have to fill in the blanks for me on this one.

sweetdaisy
01-28-2006, 04:34 PM
BTW, Leon. Thanks for trying to get folks together last nite. I appreciate it!

Oki_Man5
01-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Whew! Glad I was gone all day to the city, so I did not keep coming into here and logging on just to see how this was going.

How about everyone post a message with one or two or more (all you want to list maybe in order of preference.) things you like to do or places you like to visit such as museums or such or the comedy club or the newly-opened Oklahoma Historical Society Museum or whatever---even if you want to do a cookout.

I know you have mentioned the comedy clubs, and lazer tag or whatever it was, but make a list again.

Oki_Man5
01-28-2006, 05:34 PM
I want to visit the Oklahoma Historical Society Museum, and my wife would accompany me if I ever go. I have not checked on how much it costs.

kellekokid
01-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Leon, I'm sorry if you feel like you are being lambasted for one day notice. Like I said, that is MY excuse for not being able to do anything last nite. I have no idea what other people's reasoning is. So I will apologize if I have made you feel like you're being "whipped" for this.

The only point I will touch on: Saying "yes, such and such would be a good weekend to get together" in no way identifies what day/time the plans are being made for. If everyone had agreed a couple weeks ago that the evening of January 27 was the night we would be getting together, then I would most definately agree with your feelings on this matter.

Regarding the event that was going on this weekend that was discussed at the girl's nite? I'm not sure what that was. Perhaps it was the discussion of us doing a road trip to Stillwater sometime so Osupa and I could revisit our old haunts? (Although, I was pretty hopped up on diet coke that nite) Kelley would have to fill in the blanks for me on this one.

I'm realizing that I was the one that dropped the ball on this whole thing!! On our girls night out we did talk about doing something in two weeks which would have been the 27th but we didn't make any definite plans. It was something along the lines of getting out of town, maybe going to El Reno or Okarche wherever Eichons (sp?) resturant is but again no definite plans made. I mentioned it to Audie and as this is the weekend he doesn't have his son it would work for him to join in on something planned. Then, in my life, we had 3 people suspended at work for a really silly reason but that made the work really heaped up on for the rest of us, plus I'm planning on moving this coming weekend so trying to get a place to live and packed etc etc....anyway I did let the plan making drop and Audie picked it up for me and did the best with the time remaining and I sure do appreciate that and wish that it could have worked out for us all. And again I apologize for dropping the ball, but I'm gonna hold onto hope that we can try again and succeed this time.
I like the idea of a cookout for a good get to know each other get together too. Or a central area resturant that would be a good comfort zone for people that haven't meet any of us as of yet and might be shy or whatever. Once an ice breaking has succeeded I think it'll be easier for us all to meet up again.

Intrepid
01-28-2006, 09:09 PM
I want to visit the Oklahoma Historical Society Museum, and my wife would accompany me if I ever go. I have not checked on how much it costs.

I'm sure you could just google the Oklahoma Historical Society, find out the info and start a new thread.

:tiphat:

sweetdaisy
01-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Then, in my life, we had 3 people suspended at work for a really silly reason but that made the work really heaped up on for the rest of us, plus I'm planning on moving this coming weekend so trying to get a place to live and packed etc etc....anyway I did let the plan making drop and Audie picked it up for me and did the best with the time remaining and I sure do appreciate that and wish that it could have worked out for us all.

Kellekokid, this is the longest sentence I've ever read...BREATHE, girl! ;)

You did not drop the ball, dear. Honestly, I'd forgotten we'd talked about that. (Darn Diet Coke! Or Miller Lite?) Anway, it got a little bungled for us all and no one is to blame. I knew we were planning something for this weekend, though I had no idea what day. I took a risk and made plans for Friday nite..dang it. :(

Regardless, we need to brush it off and try again. Leon has his son every other weekend...so, let's work around that. Intrepid, I think you're somewhat flexible on your visitation with your daughter? Kellekokid is usually off work on Friday & Saturday. Me? HA HA HA! I've got the most flexible schedule of all of you (unless i make plans with other friends). Jay, we know you're working/going to school, but we'd love for you to join us if ever possible. Heck, most of us could've met tonite, considering we're all sitting here ONLINE!!!!! DUH!

Still punting Feb 10 as a get together. No one's biting so far. We'll see who's game in the next couple of weeks, though.

Intrepid
01-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Heck, most of us could've met tonite, considering we're all sitting here ONLINE!!!!! DUH!

Ok....Let's meet at IHOP in 1 hour! C'mon people! Let's do it!

:tiphat:

dirtrider73068
01-28-2006, 09:32 PM
I am open every weekend since I don't have to work weekends, if we did have a cookout why not let the kids come too they could have play dates, and play with each other maybe go a park and let them run wild. I know a good park in norman, reaves park it has that big giant wooden playground they had built a few years back called kids space, they have a smaller one next to it called tot lot for the little ones. Or I can get some of my junk moved about and have a cookout here at my place, I live on a dead end circle drive and there is no to little local traffic on my street except the two neighbors down the street. I wouldn't mind haveing a gathering at my place, I don't have many people over that much anyway, so I would love to have the company. When the weather warms enough we can have get togethers at the lake for a day, lounge out get some sun cook some hamburgers hot dogs.

Oki_Man5
01-28-2006, 09:37 PM
Wife says I have to go to bed---nite youall

Jay
01-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Kellekokid, this is the longest sentence I've ever read...BREATHE, girl! ;)

You did not drop the ball, dear. Honestly, I'd forgotten we'd talked about that. (Darn Diet Coke! Or Miller Lite?) Anway, it got a little bungled for us all and no one is to blame. I knew we were planning something for this weekend, though I had no idea what day. I took a risk and made plans for Friday nite..dang it. :(

Regardless, we need to brush it off and try again. Leon has his son every other weekend...so, let's work around that. Intrepid, I think you're somewhat flexible on your visitation with your daughter? Kellekokid is usually off work on Friday & Saturday. Me? HA HA HA! I've got the most flexible schedule of all of you (unless i make plans with other friends). Jay, we know you're working/going to school, but we'd love for you to join us if ever possible. Heck, most of us could've met tonite, considering we're all sitting here ONLINE!!!!! DUH!

Still punting Feb 10 as a get together. No one's biting so far. We'll see who's game in the next couple of weeks, though.

For me it all depends on when they schedule me on that Friday. If I am off by 5 sure.

Leon
01-29-2006, 12:24 AM
mistaken click

Keith
01-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Ok, guys and gals....

I have sent all of the singles in this discussion a PM with an idea on how to get a "get together" organized. Getting an event organized is time consuming and at times, difficult. Make sure that all of you have each other's e-mail addresses so that you will have a good line of communication. Just remember to be honest with each other, and if you are really not ready to meet in person, then speak up and let the rest of the singles know.

Curt
01-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Great idea Keith, I really hope people do get together. Sometimes it's scary meeting someone for the first time even to just go out and have dinner with or shoot pool or whatever, but ya gotta get your feet wet sooner or later.

Jay
01-29-2006, 10:41 PM
First, I think the event planning should be a two-person effort. That way if the primary person has something last minute come up the event will still happen as planned.

What we need our suggestions to what people are interested in doing?

I think dinner and bowling at Incredible Pizza would be a good event for us.

We could plan it for Tuesday February 28, 2006 at 7pm. This gives everybody almost a month to clear their schedules and arrange babysitters for kids and whatever things you might need to do.

Incredible should have light traffic to where we could eat, bowl a game or two and all be home by 9:30.

One other thing... I would like to host a Valentines Day (Tueday February 14) get together. It always sucks to be without a sweetie.

So I am proposing the first annual OkcTalk "I'm Cheap on Valentines Day therefore, I am single" dinner and movie shindig. Dinner would be your choice in the food court at Quail Springs or Penn Square Mall. (Whatever location is chosen by the majority) We all eat together as a group, then head over to the Movie Theater, and get tickets to whatever is showing. You can do both, one, or the other.

The sweet part of the deal you pay your own way and you do not have to be alone on Valentines Day.

I need a minimum of five people excluding myself to commit. Six people attending will eliminate last minute cancellations out of fear of feeling uncomfortable. If I cannot get at least five I will not host it.

Get back with me everybody and let met know what you think about my ideas.

Jay
01-30-2006, 03:12 PM
Unfortunately, I am going to have to forget about the Valentines Day Activity I wated to do. I have to work that night. In retail you have to get your request in early or it does not happen. I figured two weeks might be early enough but three people have already asked off. Therefore I have to work.

Curt
01-30-2006, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=Jay

So I am proposing the first annual OkcTalk "I'm Cheap on Valentines Day therefore, I am single" dinner and movie shindig. Dinner would be your choice in the food court at Quail Springs or Penn Square Mall. (Whatever location is chosen by the majority) We all eat together as a group, then head over to the Movie Theater, and get tickets to whatever is showing. You can do both, one, or the other.

The sweet part of the deal you pay your own way and you do not have to be alone on Valentines Day.

FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE

I like your way of thinking dude :)

gbyte
01-30-2006, 07:28 PM
Well I'm going to have to say it's going to be near impossible to fit my schedule until I can find a new job....so don't plan on me showing up for these for a bit (/grumbles at Corporate America) :(

If I see y'all actually end up getting somethign together I'll see if I can manage to be back in town for a few of them but it's all unknown for me right now :| Good luck though! :)

Jay
01-31-2006, 05:20 PM
duplicate

Jay
01-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Tuesday February 28 is cancelled as well. Due to the lack of response, I want to take time and come up with a better idea.

I will get back with you soon with a survey on a new thread.