View Full Version : Best Desserts in OKC...

Luke
01-20-2006, 03:09 PM
Sometimes I just like to go out after dinner and enjoy a nice dessert. I've been to Nonna's a few times with my fianceé just for an after dinner dessert. Of course, there's Starbucks and Marble Slab which is a nice after dinner type place. But, what local places have really good desserts?

This should be interesting...

:)

metro
02-03-2006, 04:10 PM
How about Raspberries & Creme, La Baguette, cafeNOVA, Flips Wine Bar & Trattoria, Nikz

Patrick
02-03-2006, 06:16 PM
You can't beat the good old fashioned banana split from Braums.

escan
02-06-2006, 10:36 AM
I LOVE the cheesecake from Caffe Pranso..they fly it in from the Carnegie Deli.

escan
02-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Oops! Caffe Pranzo, not Pranso

metro
02-06-2006, 12:06 PM
You guys can't think of anything better than Braums or Starbucks?

Intrepid
02-06-2006, 01:48 PM
How about Raspberries & Creme, La Baguette, cafeNOVA, Flips Wine Bar & Trattoria, Nikz

The first place that came to my mind was La Baguette.

Mmmmmm....chocolate mousse cake

:bow:

traemac
04-04-2006, 09:46 PM
i think gauchos has some of the best desserts

metro
04-05-2006, 05:21 PM
Flipz on western and Cafe Nova are pretty good as well

HFK
04-05-2006, 07:57 PM
La Baguette is my choice for cakes and pastries. Marble Slab is great for ice cream on a hot Summer night (they once had a great-tasting apple ice cream: sounds odd, but it's really good).

On the subject of desserts, can anyone help me find a local source for good rhubarb pie? My Mom used to make it from scratch, and she was somehow able to find the perfect balance between sweet and tart. All of the rhubarb pie I've found locally tastes almost exactly like cherry pie, that is, generally sweet, with just a bit of tang to it.

metro
04-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Pioneer Pies on NW Expressway just east of Rockwell is probably your best bet for a good homemade rhubarb pie, or any other pie. Their pies are amazing!!!! World-class and reasonably priced! They ship them globally. In fact, I think I might have dinner there tonight. They also have 2 other locations but I hear this is the better location. I eat there about 3-4 times a month.

okiemom
04-09-2006, 09:29 AM
For something quick and casual, Rusty's Frozen Custard.
Flavor of choice: Chunky Monkey

sweetmercyfan
01-04-2007, 06:22 PM
How about Sweet Mercy, Frozen Custard 'n' Hot Cocoa, at I-240 and South Walker. Located in the newly built Towne South Shopping Center, Sweet Mercy offers Frozen Custard, Hot Cocoa, Fresh Coffee Drinks like Lattes and Otis Spunkmeyer Cookies. It a warm inviting place with comfy chairs to sit relax and enjoy your date. If you want your custard on the go, try the easily accessible drive-thru. 530 West I-240 Service Road, Oklahoma City, OK.

metro
01-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Sounds more like a commercial than a well known desert hotspot in OKC. Anyhow my fiance' and I have found the homemade gelato at Saturn Grill and Cocoflow both on N. Western. Also, I'm really surprised no one has mentioned one of my all-time favorites (that is famously known for) is Harry Bear's fried peaches with their secret sauce... mmmm... I might just have to get some this week. You can also get it at the Festival of the Arts.

dismayed
01-04-2007, 08:11 PM
I have to agree with others... La Baguette is amazing. There are two locations in Norman and one in the city. Also, the folks who own this restaurant (I *think*) also own the new place downtown, Soleil, so I'm sure it has great desserts too.

My favorites: their key lime pie, and anything with chocolate in it.

John
01-05-2007, 02:02 AM
Chocolate Cake at Cheever's.

One of the better restaurants in OKC and one of the best desserts.

TomGirl
01-06-2007, 03:13 PM
The Creme Brulee at Charlie Newton's Steakhouse, nothing comes close!

bombermwc
01-09-2007, 10:52 AM
La Baguette, but I've got to say that the Tiramisu at Macaroni Grill is incredibly good.

jbrown84
01-09-2007, 11:19 AM
The Metro has great desserts.

Jack Wonder
01-09-2007, 11:44 AM
Pioneer Pies on NW Expressway just east of Rockwell is probably your best bet for a good homemade rhubarb pie, or any other pie. Their pies are amazing!!!! World-class and reasonably priced! They ship them globally. In fact, I think I might have dinner there tonight. They also have 2 other locations but I hear this is the better location. I eat there about 3-4 times a month.

What else do they serve that you're eating there 3-4 times/month? Homestyle cooking like chicken-fried steaks?

Do they have a speedy lunch menu.? I work on NW Expy and drive by there all the time.

metro
01-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Yes, Jack they do have a fairly quick lunch but they specialize in homestyle cooking. I love the chicken fried chicken, the something sirloin (can't think of the name of it (it's $8.99 and includes the sirloin, texas toast,soup or salad, 2 sides, and a slice of pie). Each night they have a nightly special its the same every week for that night. I like the prime rib(Fri and Sat) and also the open faced sandwich on Monday nights. This place is the best value in town for your money. Service can be slow some nights though, food is excellent and so are portions.

bombermwc, if you think Macaroni Grill's Tiramisu is good, you should go get the real deal at Flip's Wine Bar and Trattoria on N. Western Ave. It's a longtime staple of the N. Western District and it's true homemade Tiramisu, not chain restaurant tiramisu. You'll get a generous portion too, much larger than most restaurants give.

jbrown84
01-09-2007, 07:41 PM
The best thing at Pioneer Pies is the sweet cornbread with honey.