View Full Version : Signs You Are Having Work Burnout

Keith
09-29-2004, 08:22 AM
Signs you are having work burnout

You're so tired you now answer the phone, "Hell".

Your friends call to ask how you've been and you immediately scream
"Get off my back, witch!"

Your garbage can IS your "IN" box.

You wake up to discover your bed is on fire,
but go back to sleep because you just don't care.

You have so much on your mind, you've forgotten how to pee.

Visions of the upcoming weekend help you make it through Monday.

You sleep more at work than at home.

You leave for a party and instinctively bring your ID badge.

Your Day-Timer exploded a week ago.

You think about how relaxing it would be if you were in jail right now.

You consider a 40 hour week a vacation.

You don't set your alarm anymore because you know
your pager will go off before your alarm does.

Ah, yes, how true these can be. :p

Patrick
09-29-2004, 11:35 PM
Hmmmm. So these are the reasons I'm currently taking a break from medical school!!! Just kidding. I'm actually planning a wedding.

Keith
09-30-2004, 06:29 AM
Now, Patrick, what is more important....a wedding or medical school?????? Hmmmmmmm.........LOL

Joe Schmoe
09-30-2004, 10:41 AM
You're busy planning a wedding? How much time does it take to say... "Yes Dear."

The ceremony will all be a blur. You won't remember a thing. Make sure that someone is taking good picts so that you can look at them later & see what it was like to be at your wedding.

;)

mranderson
03-01-2005, 08:19 AM
You look at your spouse in the morning and instead of saying an affectionate good morning, you say "How may I help you today.":tweeted:

Keith
03-01-2005, 08:11 PM
You look at your spouse in the morning and instead of saying an affectionate good morning, you say "How may I help you today.":tweeted:

That is so true. I answer phones all day at work, so when I get home, I let my kids (ages 12&17) answer the phone. The only phone I answer after work is my cell phone.

"You leave for a party and instinctively bring your ID badge."

Most of the time when I go out somewhere after work, I still have my ID badge clipped on my belt. My wife has to remind me to take it off. My ID badge is like a wrist watch...I feel naked without it on....Now, that is sad.

Karried
03-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Before Coffee is finished brewing you've responded to 15 business emails....ahahhahgggggh!