View Full Version : Construction and NW Expressway & Council

metro
01-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Does anyone know what is going in just west of the Wal-Mart off of expressway and council? There is also dirt moving on Expressway just west of Council by the old Outlet Mall

windowphobe
01-18-2006, 04:28 PM
I'm going to take a wild guess here: Bob Moore is moving its Dodge store out there.

(They've closed the 39th and May lot.)

writerranger
01-18-2006, 07:37 PM
I'm going to take a wild guess here: Bob Moore is moving its Dodge store out there.

(They've closed the 39th and May lot.)

I've been wondering about the 39th and May location. With it now closed; will another dealer move in? Or, will it be leveled to make way for something that would be across the highway from Lowes? The new David Stanley dealership on the SE corner is really nice (as nice as a car dealership can be anyway). That corner will change a lot.

OKCNDN
01-18-2006, 08:09 PM
That location has been leveled for some time now, at least three weeks.

writerranger
01-18-2006, 10:35 PM
I think you misunderstood. The old David Stanley dealership was leveled on the SW corner of 39th and May to make way for a Lowes. Stanley moved across the street to the SE corner. The Dodge dealership on the NW corner is now empty. That corner is just an empty dealership - it hasn't been leveled. I'm curious if another dealership will move in or if it too will be leveled to make way for another big box to be across the highway from Lowes. I know, it's a little complicated as there have been a lot of changes at the corner.

windowphobe
01-19-2006, 04:21 PM
I don't really know. This has been a Dodge store for so long that it's hard to imagine something else there - and Moore put a fair amount of money into refurbishing the place.

I do know that the residents of the south end of Mayfair Heights (across May from the lot) are quite thrilled to not hear that hyperamplified PA system from over there. :)

metro
01-19-2006, 05:07 PM
back to my original question about NW Expressway and Council

metro
02-13-2006, 04:07 PM
anyone find out yet what this is going to be? Its not large enough for a car dealership, its next to the Taco Bell out by the old outlet mall. I was also driving today and noticed a larger tract of dirt being leveled on the east side of council just behind east of the Home Depot and south of the Bob Moore dealership. I'm guessing this will be the Bob Moore Dodge. I'm not sure about the other piece of land or the tract by the Wal-Mart off Council.

metro
04-25-2006, 09:08 AM
Anyone ever figure out what the lot directly west of Wal-Mart is going to be? It appears like a drive-in type restaurant. The slab indicates that type of design. A Sonic is less than a block west of here so I'm wondering if it is another drive-in chain?

metro
07-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Looks like the construction next to Wal-Mart is going to be a car-wash. On another note, the Village Inn Pancake House that was at Rockwell & Expressway was torn down this past week and the Baskin Robbins building just across the street from the Village Inn is gone and they are remodeling that entire outparcel building it was in.

RockStar
07-23-2006, 11:20 PM
FYI...Look for a new, free standing Chick-Fil-A to occupy the space where Village Inn used to be.

metro
07-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Nice, I've been waiting for a free-standing Chic-fil-a on this side of town.

jbrown84
07-24-2006, 12:20 PM
FYI...Look for a new, free standing Chick-Fil-A to occupy the space where Village Inn used to be.

Yay! Right by my work.

metro
01-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Quick update on NW Expressway construction. On the NE corner of Expressway and Council the old Glamour Shots building was torn down a couple of days ago. So strange how this shopping center never worked. Nice center, nice location, getting in and out could have been a little better but it sat vacant for years.

Further down at the former Gaucho's Grill site just west of MacArthur, construction/remodeling seems to be taking place.

A little old info but a month or so ago, the old dollar theater was town down across from Academy around Tulsa Ave. I'm kind of glad as this ruins my inside source of a local film company wanting to move into that theater. Now hopefully I can convince them to move to Film Row downtown!!

Spartan
01-26-2007, 10:02 PM
I would rather have a Village Inn than a Ckick-Fil-A. Though I do like Chick-Fil-A, too.

jbrown84
01-26-2007, 10:55 PM
It's funny I lived over that way 15 years ago and I don't remember anything ever being in that strip mall except the Glamour Shots processing labs. So what's become of those? Is Glamour Shots no longer OKC-based?

metro
01-26-2007, 11:24 PM
not sure, you never hear about their corporate offices. they probably moved them elsewhere or something since those offices have been vacant so long. anyhow, it will be interesting to see what goes in there

Julesc2001
01-31-2007, 08:14 AM
By the Starbucks at MacArthur & Memorial they are starting to build on something that looks like fast food maybe... anyone have any ideas?

Flatlander
02-10-2007, 08:27 AM
CVS 6009 OK LLCpaid 1.2 million to Sooner Investments for 60,412 square feet of land on the northeast corner of Northwest Expressway and Council Road.Inman handled the transaction.Capital Abstract was the closing company.I know this dont answer any questions you have,its just adding what I know about this area.

metro
02-11-2007, 08:21 PM
I wonder if that CVS 6009 refers to a new CVS pharmacy store #6009. A Walgreens is on the opposite corner.

jbrown84
02-12-2007, 09:18 AM
most likely.