View Full Version : Question from out-of-towner

Patrick
01-16-2006, 01:21 PM
A guy considering a move to OKC sent me this email....maybe you guys can help him out and give him some suggestions.

"Hi Patrick – Jason H.... from Redondo Beach, CA….saw your email link on a website…I’m having the darndest time finding Bricktown Loft listings for sale…I grew up in OKC (Northwest side) and moved here in 1983…family still there and thinking of purchasing a small condo or loft for 100k or under…am I dreamin’?"

I don't think we currently have any lofts available for sale in Bricktown, do we? Or downtown for that matter. Plenty of rentals.

metro
01-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Not sure about any for sale currently. Not in Bricktown but there will be in the next 1-4 months. He can put a deposit down in Deep Duece at the Hill or Block 42 or some of the other projects going on.

The Old Downtown Guy
01-16-2006, 05:07 PM
thinking of purchasing a small condo or loft for 100k or under…am I dreamin’?"

You might find a descent single-family residence in Jefferson Park (N of 23rd, E of Walker) or Paseo (N of 23rd, between Walker and Western) in that price range. I think that the smaller units at The Classen condo project at 23rd and Classen start in the $140K range. They have a model open, but I haven't seen it.

downtownguy
01-16-2006, 07:39 PM
Tell him to expand his search. Unless you're French Hickman, there are no places to live in Bricktown. Not yet. And when there will be, they will be very few, and very expensive. Why not try to buy a residence within walking distance instead?

Midtowner
01-16-2006, 08:46 PM
In my forays into the land of the MLS, I have found that 125K is around the magic number where homes stop sucking.

I hate to use all that technical jargon, but that's the best I have.

:)

OKConMYmind
01-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Hey fellow Okies! thanks for the replies...been 23 years here in Sou Cal...starting to get a little crowded but yet have a great condo here that I want to keep....I like what is happening to 'the old city' with Ford Center et al...I understand that being directly in Bricktown might not be doable...I'm thinking of spending the spring and fall in OKC and Winter and Summer in LA...if I can swing it (big IF)...all the family is there so I have an infrastructure of sorts...

right..don't need to be directly in Bricktown...heck if I could get a 1 bedroom place for less than 100k that might be the thing to do...

so the classen high rise is about 140k starting...isn't there a 'high rise' complex just NW of downtown a few blocks...about 10 stories...white...can't remember the name of the complex....anyh other suggestions would be great too!

Regards - Jason Henry...coming out the weekend of Presidents day Feb 17-20.

okcpulse
01-24-2006, 05:30 PM
You must be thinking of Regency Tower, on the NW edge of downtown, which is 22 stories and is actually gray. Then there is the Montgomery on the west side of downtown, but those are corporate suites.

HOT ROD
01-25-2006, 10:28 AM
I thought Regency is 24 storeys tall

metro
01-25-2006, 10:56 AM
FYI, Regency Tower is apartments and they are rental only. Should have plenty of Condo options downtown though