View Full Version : Vocal Smoke Alarms

Karried
01-12-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm so excited - I found the Vocal Smoke Alarm today at Target - Clearance Price only $17 dollars!! Original price was $70 bucks.

This happened to me just recently. My neighbor's son came over, ran the water and the sink overflowed..blew some sort of circuit because in the middle of the night, every alarm in the house went off.. we couldn't turn them off for over 10 minutes! In that time, the kids never even rolled over, they didn't stir, wake up or even budge. I could not believe it!

I then did some research and saw studies that kids only wake up to their name being called and a familiar voice.. 19 out of 20 kids tested slept through normal smoke alarms.. so I thought how cool would it be to have a smoke alarm that did that and I found one.. but it was over $70 bucks so I didn't get it. .. then today I found them on clearance ...

Anyway, if anyone is interested, the Target near Quail Springs has a bunch left ....

PUGalicious
01-12-2006, 07:50 PM
It's on my list of things to get. My girls don't seem to be able to hear their alarms, but they respond to my voice. I also saw news reports about the effectiveness of the voice fire alarms over traditional fire alarms, especially with kids. It looks like it's worth the investment.

Karried
01-29-2006, 08:58 PM
Scribe, if you weren't able to get one at Target on clearance, let me know and I'll see if they have any left.. and you can get one on ebay as well.. do a search for vocal smoke alarms..

I think it is so important! Layers of protection...

I did have to laugh though, you should have heard me recording my message ... Kids, it's mom, wake up, there's a fire in the house, jump out the window now...

LOL Just kidding, I didn't tell them to jump, I merely mentioned the fire escape ladder, am I paranoid or what?

CapCom
01-29-2006, 09:04 PM
May I offer a suggestion on the warning message?

Get the **** out...your house is on fire!

Dude your house is on fire...get out!

Karried
01-29-2006, 09:15 PM
LOL - I think I mentioned that.. .... my poor kids.. they will be forever scarred..

well I'm off to practice another fire drill .. ha,ha..