View Full Version : Jack (Parsons) Russell Terriers

mranderson
01-11-2006, 08:16 PM
I am thinking about getting a Jack Russell Terrier for my next dog. Does anyone have some good advise on how to select it, raise it, etc? Anything would help.

Thanks. And Mr. Magoo (the name I selected) thanks you also.

sweetdaisy
01-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Mr. Anderson, I would not recommend a Jack Russell or any terrier breed unless you have a lot of time to spend with the animal and plan to play with him constantly. Terriers have incredible amounts of energy and can be very irritating at times. (I know this b/c I raised a Manchester Terrier.) In addition, they can be very difficult to train.

After some discussion with a couple of friends, may I suggest a good "smaller dog" option for you may be a Corgi. They're darling dogs and make great companions.

Good luck with Mr. Magoo!

okiemom
01-28-2006, 07:38 AM
Mr. Anderson, we have a purebred Pembroke Corgy. They make wonderful pets. Easy to train, affectionate, low mantainance, low to moderate activity level. The only downfall we've found to owning a Pembroke Corgy is the shedding, which can be controlled by weekly brushings. Also, they do well inside or outdoors.
Our other dog is half Scottie and half Cardigan Corgi. He's sweet affectionate, and intellient but LOVES to dig. He's also more active than the Pembrooke.

That could be a diference between the two types of Corgies but from what I've read, I think it's the terrier in him.