View Full Version : What was the most Exciting

Oki_Man5
01-10-2006, 05:28 AM
What was the most exciting thing you have done in the past 24 hours? (LOL This is not limited to one single post; you may update it as regularly as you like. :gossip: )

Are you in a rut?

Do you do the same old hum-drum thing day after day, or is your life full of excitement and intrigue?

Oki_Man5
01-10-2006, 05:40 AM
Since late October or early November, with the exception for time off for the holidays and the occasional time when I have to do my regular job, my days have been planned around one thing---getting that roof on the garage I am building; I have no time for anything else until it is done.

Even though I am working on the last quadrant (It is like a tee or cross as one looks down on it from the top---four valleys), I will have to finish the middle from all sides before I close up the top.

LOL I think I have mentioned I like to design and build things---I like to think if I can see it in my mind that I can build it, and this garage popped into my head as a simple straightforward structure to close in one car space and have the other space open---it grew into the monster it is from there, and now I am "paying" for it (mentally as well as financially and my time).

I would say, I am in the "roofing" rut until I get the roof on, yet until I get it done, my life is full of excitement and intrigue with each day's dawning; I am deathly scared of heights, and the peak of this roof is near 30 feet or so from the ground. That probably does not sound very high to one who has no fear of heights, but one who suffers acrophobia surely can understand.

Hope this is appropriate for here,

Pete