View Full Version : good seafood places in okc

Elmofromok
01-09-2006, 12:04 AM
What are your favorite sea food places? I am trying to find some new places to eat seafood. I am sick of the chain places (Red Lobster, Joes Crabshack, Etc)

Are there any good local seafood places?

btw here are the places I know about:
Red Lobster
Joes Crabshack
Crabtown
Pearls
Da Boat

escan
01-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Boca Boca on N. May is really good. That's really about it. We'll just have to wait for the new restaurant in the Colcord Building.

MadMonk
01-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Trapper's is good (east of Meridian on Reno). I especially like their swordfish. Bonus: Its right next to Night Trips if you're so inclined. :D

Elmofromok
01-09-2006, 11:51 AM
OH yeah.. I have seen that place and always forget it is there. Thanks!

And Nighttrips might just make the night complete.. depending on my gf's mood. :tiphat:

Elmofromok
01-09-2006, 11:52 AM
We'll just have to wait for the new restaurant in the Colcord Building.

I have not heard about this new restaurant in the Colcord building. Can you tell me about it?

escan
01-09-2006, 12:41 PM
It's called Soleil. Supposed to be a really upscale seafood rest., unlike anything in the Downtown area....there was a thread on it somewhere last week.

Midtowner
01-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Boca Boca is great for 'fine dining' type things. For just regular 'ol fried seafood, 'Da Boat in Bricktown isn't bad.

Elmofromok
01-10-2006, 08:11 AM
'Da Boat in Bricktown isn't bad.

We have been there twice and both times it was not good. The place seems really unorganized. The food was ok but we were so put off by the service and the general lack of comfoft in the place that we will not go back.

escan
01-10-2006, 08:35 AM
We've been there a couple of times too. Never for fried seafood, though (I think it ruins it...my husband would disagree). In the winter, when we had to eat inside, the food was good, but the atmosphere was so lacking, we left thinking it was kind of "eh". BUT, last summer we went and sat outside...they had a jazz quartet playing, we overlooked the canal...it was lovely.

Patrick
01-10-2006, 01:12 PM
OH yeah.. I have seen that place and always forget it is there. Thanks!

And Nighttrips might just make the night complete.. depending on my gf's mood. :tiphat:

Trapper's is owned by Pearls, a local chain. I think their restaurants are all pretty similar.

Patrick
01-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Pelican's over in MWC by Heritage Park Mall is pretty good. They used to have a location near Memorial and May, but they closed it. I miss it.

Elmofromok
01-10-2006, 01:53 PM
Pelican's over in MWC by Heritage Park Mall is pretty good. They used to have a location near Memorial and May, but they closed it. I miss it.

Oh cool. Good to know. I sort of remember Pelicans but never made it in. Did I miss out?

Would you consider Pelicans worth driving to from NW OKC?

MadMonk
01-10-2006, 02:00 PM
^^
Yeah, I remember that one. I really liked it too. Now I believe it's a Japanese restaurant. :rolleyes:

jdsplaypin
01-10-2006, 05:43 PM
Cajun Kitchen is awesome & cheap... not a designated seafood restaurant but in my opinion it's great.

escan
01-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Cajun Kitchen is also owned by Pearl's. Pelican's is mostly fried stuff. It just depends on what kind of seafood you like. I tend to like fresh, healthful, grilled fish....not the fried fish and shrimp or coconut shrimp.....but to each their own. It seems that most "seafood" restaurants in OK cater to the fried crowd...which is what makes it hard for me and makes me stuff myself shamelessly when we travel to any coast.

Karried
01-11-2006, 10:03 AM
I just drove by a new restaurant on Broadway Extension - North of Memorial a few block -

I thought the sign said something like Yellow Fin (I'm not sure the name but I think this is it) the sign said Steak & Seafood. Next time I drive by I'll slow down and check it out..

Elmofromok
01-11-2006, 10:43 AM
I just drove by a new restaurant on Broadway Extension - North of Memorial a few block -

I thought the sign said something like Yellow Fin (I'm not sure the name but I think this is it) the sign said Steak & Seafood. Next time I drive by I'll slow down and check it out..

Oh cool another new place. Look forward to hearing about it. Thanks!

Elmofromok
01-11-2006, 10:45 AM
...Pelican's is mostly fried stuff. It just depends on what kind of seafood you like. I tend to like fresh, healthful, grilled fish...

Yeah I agree with you. I am not interested in fried stuff. I want good fresh fish. So I guess Pelicans is out...

upisgr8
01-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Has anyone been to the new one in Edmond where the Santa Fe Roadhouse used to be on Broadway? oops I see you saw it too Karie.

John
01-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Has anyone been to the new one in Edmond where the Santa Fe Roadhouse used to be on Broadway? oops I see you saw it too Karie.

Yellow Tail, I believe.

My sister has eaten there, I didn't get a report on how it was though. I'll ask and post back soon.

Karried
01-12-2006, 11:04 AM
LOL - Yes, Yellow Tail -

I knew it was something yellow!

upisgr8
01-14-2006, 09:52 PM
I went to Yellow Tail for Lunch, I had the daily $6.99 lunch special which is fried shrimp and grilled chicken breast. It included salad, baked potato and awsome bisquits.
I checked out the menu which includes fresh fish and steaks at a reasonable price. The service is good and the place is spotless. Mention OKC Talk to them if you go, I talked to the owner and told them about the posts.

Karried
01-18-2006, 06:24 PM
Great review - sounds like the prices are reasonable and the food is good.

Shameless plug - Mr. Manager of YellowTail, we have some incredible advertising opportunities on this forum ( seen by thousands) ... if you feel like running a coupon, we would love to take you up on it! Welcome to Edmond..