View Full Version : Chick-fil-A Withdrawals

ksearls
01-05-2006, 08:37 AM
Anyone else suffering from severe Chick-fil-A withdrawal symptoms? We are right across the street from Park Harvey and "The Chick" was our emergency lunch spot. Anyone know if they are considering another downtown location?

Kim

escan
01-05-2006, 10:02 AM
You can always run over to the one on the OUHSC campus. That's not too far. When did the downtown location close? I just don't get the Chick -fil-a thing, though. A couple of girls here at the office LOVE it, but it's just a chicken sandwich, right? Must be how I feel about Lido...other people are like, "It's just hot and sour soup, right"?

osupa05
01-05-2006, 11:21 AM
oh man... (I think I've started every "food court" post with those two words!!)... I haven't been to Lido in way too long!!!! Good stuff!

ksearls
01-05-2006, 12:34 PM
I am a Pho Hoa addict! My husband says I'm crAsian. That's where a head if I can escape my desk at lunch! Maybe we should do a "best Pho" poll.

Kim

Keith
01-06-2006, 08:37 PM
You can always run over to the one on the OUHSC campus. That's not too far. When did the downtown location close? I just don't get the Chick -fil-a thing, though. A couple of girls here at the office LOVE it, but it's just a chicken sandwich, right? Must be how I feel about Lido...other people are like, "It's just hot and sour soup, right"?
Yep, it is just a chicken sandwich, but it sure is a good chicken sandwich. I never really thought about Chick-Fil-A until my son started working at the one at Crossroads a year and a half ago. Now, he brings me sandwiches home after work and I save them and eat them for lunch the next day at work.

Midtowner
01-06-2006, 09:52 PM
Good sandwiches can be found within walking distance in the basement-food-court at the Robinson Renaissance Building, at the City Bites in Leadership Square, or at the Sub Stop in 1st National Center.

There are others, but those immediately come to mind.

It will be "interesting" to see whether the Park Harvey building is successful or not. A lot of people are watching.

rxis
01-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Haven't been to Lido in a few years. Last time I was there the place had been going down hill. I hardly ever choose to go there. Hot and sour soup would be one of the last things I would even order there. I think if you want authentic food you will need to know how to order it. I think a Lido opened up in Westmoore but i don't think it even compares to the downtown location.

Pho Hoa is pretty good. Pho restaurants change hands a lot. From one year to the next the taste can change dramatically. It also sucks when you visit on a bad day but I guess that happens in pretty much any restaurant.
I usually visit Pho 89 due to it's location but a lot of ppl don't think it is even close to being one of the best pho restaurants. They do offer more of a more variety of choices however.
btw, i don't think pho hoa has changed owners for a few years now.

rxis
01-19-2006, 11:04 PM
oh yea and Pho Hoa has a reputation for giving better portions esp the meat portions at the lowest price. i sound like a commercial. :tiphat: :

metro
01-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Chickfila is the best! especially the Chicken nuggets with polynesian sauce....mmmmmmm