View Full Version : Free Dianetics Workshop in Tulsa

sabaki
01-05-2006, 12:12 AM
Unlock Your Full Potential!

Wouldn't you like to know how you can fully accomplish what you want in life?

Find out what blocks you from using your mind's full potential!

'Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health'
is the most popular self-help book ever published for just one reason:
it works.

For you and your Friends!!!! Mark your calendars NOW!!

!!! Free Dianetics Workshop !!!

When: Sunday, January 22nd, 2006, 1:00pm to 4:00pm

Lecture: 'How To Understand Your Mind'

And Showing the new Dianetics DVD Presentation:
'A Visual Guidebook to the Mind'

Cost: FREE!

Where: Tulsa Central Library, 1st Floor Preview Room
400 Civic Center
Tulsa, Oklahoma

Driving Directions
From Highway 169:
Take 169 to 244 West. Follow 244 West until you reach the 1st Street exit. Take that exit and continue on 1st Street to Denver. Turn left, or south, onto Denver and travel to 3rd Street where you will turn right, or west, onto 3rd Street. 3rd Street will curve around the Federal Courthouse Building turning into 4th Street running east. Turn into the library parking which will be just before the library on the right, or south, side.
From Highway 75:
From either Highway 75 going south or north, one can exit at 7th Street and follow 7th to Denver. Turn north onto Denver and drive to 3rd Street. Turn left, or west, onto 3rd Street and follow that around the Federal Courthouse Building as 3rd Street curves into 4th Street going east. The library parking will be on the right side.

Reserve your seat! Call Chuck Bell at (918) 434-6411 or call 1-800 367-8788

See ya there!
--------------
This workshop is being conducted as a public service by the Northeast Oklahoma Dianetics Study Group - a non-profit group.

Read the book "Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health" by L. Ron Hubbard! It is available at most bookstores and libraries.

© 2005 CSWUS. All Rights Reserved. Grateful acknowledgement is made to L. Ron Hubbard Library for permission to reproduce selections from the copyrighted works of L. Ron Hubbard. SCIENTOLOGY, BOOK ONE, and DIANETICS are trademarks and service marks owned by Religious Technology Center and are used with its permission. Services relating to Scientology religious philosophy are delivered throughout the world exclusively by licensees of the Church of Scientology with the permission of Religious Technology Center, holder of the SCIENTOLOGY and DIANETICS trademarks.

fromdust
01-05-2006, 01:04 PM
isnt that what the scientologists use?

PUGalicious
01-05-2006, 01:08 PM
He is scientologist. I only see him on this forum to post advertisements for these cult recruitment sessions — I mean seminars.

Midtowner
01-05-2006, 01:57 PM
Careful, don't say anything negative, you'll be sued for slander.

Or their navy will come after you...

http://www.clambake.org/archive/so/so5.jpg
(that's really the Scientology "navy" command, it exists)

PUGalicious
01-05-2006, 02:00 PM
:sofa:

I take it back! I take it ALL back!

MadMonk
01-05-2006, 02:16 PM
What's wrong with Scientology? (http://www.scientology-lies.com/whatswrong.html)

http://www.scientology-lies.com

John
01-05-2006, 02:52 PM
What flavor of Kool-Aid is being served at this 'seminar'? ;)

magicchord
01-05-2006, 03:20 PM
I still can't post URLs, you guys!

magicchord
01-05-2006, 03:21 PM
Anyway, google search "scienTOMogy" and "tom cruise is nuts".

sabaki
01-05-2006, 04:49 PM
I don't usually respond to trolls... but some of you guys are hilarious!!!

Yeah, that's it... it's a *cult* and we're gonna drag people off into lairs and eat their brains or something... hahahahaha!

Chuck

Midtowner
01-05-2006, 05:33 PM
sabaki, if you'd really like to stay and discuss the fine points of scientology, be willing to answer the tough questions, etc., I'm sure there are peole here that would at least care about what you have to say. If you're willing to discuss, just let us know. If you're only here to post what is essentially 'spam', and don't expect a few people to question your motives, then you have misjudged the population of this forum.

-- that said, no, it's your religion's "navy" that's hilarious, its position on psychotherapy, psychoactive drugs used to treat disease, etc. that are hilarious -- but if you're willing to discuss any of those things, I'd definitely have a few questions for you to answer.

John
01-05-2006, 09:12 PM
"You don't even know what Ritalin is!"

heh

Seriously, though. Most people buy ads if they want to post a message like yours.

On a related note: Is there a demonstration on how to make foil hats?

Midtowner
01-05-2006, 09:15 PM
If he wants to be taken seriously, he'll respond to questions. Scientology might work for some folks, but no one takes them seriously if they run away at the first sign of people questioning their beliefs.

Oh well.

sabaki
01-06-2006, 08:04 AM
First, I do not engage in arguments with the uniformed on the subjects of Dianetics and Scientology. All I ask is that you be polite. That said, I'm easily amused.

I am always *willing* to answer questions. Particularly good questions. Unfortunately, I don't have time to answer all possible questions in depth that people have. I'm just one guy. These are actually highly technical subjects, but I do my best. Also, I am not 'the authority' on Dianetics or Scientology. I prefer not to give you my interpretations of these subjects, but to point people to the actual textbooks and materials and let them decide for themselves what they actually say. That way, they don't get confused if I am mistaken or have misunderstandings myself.

The reason there are Frequently Asked Questions lists is because we are often asked the same questions over and over. If you have a real question and really want to know the answer, you can look at the FAQ *first* and see if it answers your questions. There are Dianetics FAQs and Scientology FAQs. Or better yet, read the book, 'Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health'. That's why Hubbard wrote the book - to answer the frequently asked questions he was deluged with. Its brilliant! Its 'the operating manual for the mind', so RTFM! Or come to my workshop!

There is also a good book called 'What Is Scientology?' that goes into depth and has a FAQ too. It is available in most libraries and bookstores or can be ordered on-line. I highly recommend it. I'll be happy to sell you my copy if you want.

Rumor and 'whispering campaigns' are not reliable sources of information. A word of advice... if you want straight answers, go to the official Dianetics or Scientology web sites or read the books Mr. Hubbard wrote, rather than getting some weird interpretations of what some yo yo says it is about at some anti-Scientology hate-site. <sheesh> Get the answer straight from the source, and, if the answer doesn't seem to make sense to you or it doesn't seem to answer your question, look carefully for any words or terms you might not fully understand. Often people have Scientology confused with other subjects they have studied (and didn't understand, either) and have misunderstood words in those earlier subjects. Dictionaries and glossaries are a very *good thing* when it comes to studying and understanding *any* subject.

Approach the subject as a student who really wants to learn something about the subject... here is something to study... so study it! But if you just want to quibble or argue, or look for 'controversy' or things you disagree with, see if Jerry Springer has an opening. I'm busy. A good way to approach it is to look the materials over and see what points you *can* agree with.

My point of view, believe it or not, is that Dianetics and Scientology are actually much more conservative and traditional than 'modern' studies of the mind and life. The idea that man is just an animal stems from the modern purely materialistic philosophies advocated by Wundt, Pavlov, Hegel, Marx, psychiatry... etc.

Man is not an animal, he is a spiritual being. The reason some insist he is just an animal is so they can justify their behavior in treating their fellow men as animals. Their idea is 'its OK to kill animals, or experiment on them with mind-altering psychotropic drugs, brain surgery, electro-shocks, etc. etc.'. IMHO, the field of Psychiatry is a barbarism.

For instance, I don't think of my fellow man, or the other people on this forum as animals. So, I don't underestimate them. I think people are basically good. Some insist that man is inherently evil, but I know that that isn't true.

Psychology as it is taught in this country, comes straight out of Leipzig, Germany, and Psychiatry, as it is practiced, comes straight out of Russia. Psychology has become, at best, 'how to sell soap', 'motivational research' or how to make populations more suggestible. Those institutions, which appropriate billions in taxes and grants and insurance dollars to drug and electro-shock and sell 'liquid minty Prozac for children' and Ritalin, put our elderly on Lithium, then turn the drug addicts and criminals loose on the populations, and tell you all your problems are your brain chemistry, and if you just take this drug (side effects and all), you can be 'normal' ...they are out of control.

That's right folks, don't touch that dial! We'll be right back after this important commercial message! <grin>

I believe in human rights. People have a right to their own sanity and have a right to know the truth.

Now, Dianetics and Scientology are *not* about treating the insane or curing so-called 'mental illnesses'. They are about increasing ones awareness of oneself, one's environment, and the universe and increasing ability to handle life. They are about helping people. That certain psychosomatic (look it up, if you need to) disabilities tend to fall away is just a pleasant byproduct of becoming more aware. Dianetics and Scientology work.

Now, SPAM is unsolicited bulk advertising... I posted this invitation in the 'events section' of several Tulsa area forums... less than six, in fact... hardly bulk advertising. Isn't this really what is supposed to be posted in the events sections? This workshop is being given by a non-profit study group at the public library to introduce Dianetics and to help people who are studying the book and to answer the questions people have about Dianetics. The motive is not to 'convert' people to Scientology. The motive is not profit. I'll also be happy to answer any questions you may have there. Somehow, I don't think there would be any objection at all to posting a non-profit study group meeting at the library to study the mind-numbing ramifications of basket weaving or thumb twiddling! Interesting.

Believe it or not, the genuine motive is to help people. Don't you think people can be helped?

Of course, some people are suspicious of all offers of help. Perhaps they tried to help someone and failed, or someone said they'd help them and betrayed them. 'Help' is a very interesting subject. It isn't surprising at all that many people are wary. There are lots of 'snake-oil' salesmen out there. People get very cynical. I started studying this subject myself with a very wary, very skeptical attitude. But don't let your wariness and skepticism keep you from rational and logical observation and analysis. Think for yourself. As Mr. Hubbard put it in his article on 'Personal Integrity': 'What is true for you is what you have observed yourself'.

Now this is, in fact, not a Scientology workshop, but a Dianetics workshop I'm giving. There is a difference. Dianetics is a study of and science of the mind. It doesn't have anything to do with faith or belief. Anybody can read the book Dianetics, and apply the techniques of Dianetics and see if they work or not for themselves. Read it. Try it. If it works, use it. If it doesn't, find out the real reason why. Was it applied correctly?

Scientology is an applied religious philosophy. Scientology comes from the Latin 'scio' which means 'knowing', and 'ology' 'study of' - the study of knowledge, or knowing how to know. Dianetics and Scientology are two different subjects. If you want to find out about Scientology, I'll be happy to give a Scientology workshop for those that are interested.

I believe in freedom of religion. Do you? It is part of the Code of A Scientologist: "12. To support the freedom of religion" and The Creed of the Church of Scientology: 'That all men have inalienable rights to conceive, choose, assist or support their own organizations, churches and governments'. If you just want to attack people's religious beliefs, or "cut their throat if their theology isn't 'straight'", then maybe you are just suppressed.

I also believe in freedom of speech but I don't care whether people who are just impolite 'take me seriously' or not. Their problem is that they are way, way, too serious. I'm not in this to convince people that they *must believe*! I'm not preaching hell-fire and damnation... you sinners!!!! hahaha

Also, since my original post here was about this Dianetics workshop, from my point of view, this thread has been hijacked. Heheh. I'd suggest if you want to discuss Scientology that we start a new thread. I realize that many may not even realize these are separate subjects because they didn't even really know the definitions of the words Dianetics and Scientology, much less have actually read any books on the subject.

ROTFLOL -

Chuck

PUGalicious
01-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Well, you've convinced me to come.

:sofa:

TStheThird
01-06-2006, 09:28 AM
When I read the name Mr. Hubbard, all I can think about is the South Park episode. Amazing!

sabaki
01-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Oh, I'm so wrong! I'm so sorry... Excuse me!!!! I thought this thread was originally about the Dianetics workshop.

Re: Free Dianetics Workshop in Tulsa

Yes, they are related. Perhaps you'd like to enlighten us on exactly how they are related?

It is also related to relationships, raising children, groups, politics, philosophy, ethics, crime, drugs, human relations... etc., etc. In fact there is hardly any field Dianetics doesn't touch. That leaves the door wide open!

I guess there weren't any trolls here either, eh? We sure wouldn't want to feed any trolls!

Any posts about Dianetics? Actual on-topic discussion? Anybody here actually ever read the book? Intelligent questions?

Sorry, I don't mean to be snide, but, really!

Cheers -

Chuck

sabaki
01-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Excellent! See ya there!

PUGalicious
01-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Perhaps people would be less hostile if your participation in the forum constituted more than advertisements...

If you feel this thread has been hijacked, feel free to start a new one with the topic of your choice to allow people to ask the questions you don't want to answer in this "hijacked" thread.

BTW, are you saying that Dianetics has nothing to do with Scientology?

Midtowner
01-06-2006, 10:03 AM
That's all very interesting.

So you deny the existance of ADHD and other mental illness? Or is it just the methods that diagnose and treat them? Having ADHD myself, and having been treated for it, I consider it to be very real and diagnosable, but it is definitely overdiagnosed. But as to other mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, what causes them and what is the cure?

What are you suggesting to treat mental illness when we have proven methods that correct certain physiologicial chemical imbalances? Electroshock therapy, psychotrophic drugs, and other things have helped millions restore normalcy in their lives. Are they the appropriate treatment in every case? Nope. In many if not most? Probably. They're not for me at least for my ADHD, I'm doing just fine living with it and dealing with it -- it's who I am. Were I schizophrenic or manic depressive, however, I'd be singing a far different tune.

Denying the truth of something simply because of its origins is a specious argument. Saying that something is invalid simply because it originated in Russia and Germany speaks nothing to the validity of the methods or the developments of those methods since that time. The field of psychiatry is a couple-hundred years old. It may be easy to attack the findings of Pavlov or Freud and to pretend that they "are" the field, however that would be to discount the work of scientists such as B.F. Skinner and his "Behaviorilist" school of thought (kind of a derivation of Pavlov's work), and many other highly qualified individuals able to show mountains of research backed up by millions of quantitive and qualititative findings and analyses.

Here's a question for you -- what studies have been done to prove the benefits of scientology as opposed to standard psychological/physiological approaches to treating mental illness that have been widely accepted by the scientific community?

From what I can tell, Scientology is not a religion, it's a philosophy. What 'higher power' to you believe in? Please explain.

As far as 'freedom of speach', that does not apply to internet message boards. You are free to speak without the government restraining you, not so for places like this. The administrators here can restrain your speach, call you a spammer, etc. at your discretion. For what it's worth though, since you've come back to make your case, I don't consider your a spammer.

-- of course, my opinion counts for myself, but that's about it.

sabaki
01-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Perhaps people would be less hostile if your participation in the forum constituted more than advertisements...

If you feel this thread has been hijacked, feel free to start a new one with the topic of your choice to allow people to ask the questions you don't want to answer in this "hijacked" thread.

BTW, are you saying that Dianetics has nothing to do with Scientology?

No, Dianetics *is* related. But the book, Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health' was first published in 1950, years before Scientology was established. You could say it is the direct ancestor of Scientology.

Like I said, Dianetics is a mental study, a science of mind. It deals with known scientific facts which can be sensed, measured, and experienced. And what is remarkable is that the principles and techniques used in Dianetics, when correctly applied, are as valid and effective today as they were in 1950.

Scientology is an applied religious philosophy. They are two different subjects. You could say that Scientology, being a much broader study, includes the study of the mind, as well as a philosophy.

Essentially, in studying the mind, many Dianeticists realized that the mind is not just the brain and brain-chemistry. What is referred to as the conciousness of the individual, or that which is 'aware of being aware', is the being himself and that man is in fact a spirtual being. Once that was realized, then the subject expanded into a study of what is 'life force' and many other interesting studies. Many things were previosly unknown at the time Dianetics was written. Many things are still unknown, but nonetheless, the techniques in the original book are still valid and still work.

In Dianetics, the human mind can resolve the problems of the human mind. It was discovered that there are many things that it is not necessary to know or study in order to solve the problems of the human mind and shed some light on human behavior. To quote Mr. Hubbard again, "Dianetics is an adventure. It is an exploration into terra incognita, the human mind, that vast and hitherto unknown realm half an inch back of our foreheads."

(Def.: terra incognita: an unknown land; a region or subject of which nothing is known.)

It is sorta of like trying to discuss, say, physics versus metaphysics, or psychology versus para-psychology. Only in Scientology we differentiate between Dianetics, Scientology... and para-Scientology.

If it is true for you, it is true. If you find something unbelievable or subject to question or further study... put that under para-Scientology. heheh. If something isn't true for you, it isn't true. That's it. Nobody is asking anybody to believe anything that they haven't observed for themselves. And, the ability to observe, and it is an ability, can be improved.

Hope this helps clear that up.

I'm going out of town for a few days, but I'll check back here when I get back and see if there are any other questions I can help with.

Chuck

fromdust
01-08-2006, 06:07 PM
careful guys, xenu is listening.