View Full Version : Why Ever Get Married?

Leon
01-04-2006, 05:48 PM
Why ever get married?...What's in that commitment for a man?...What's in it for a woman?

Do people make that commitment because they want the same commitment from their partner? One does not have to make that commitment tehmselves in order to be faithful...do they want to hear that commitment from someone else to them?

Karried
01-04-2006, 06:49 PM
Why ever get married?...

Wedding presents?

Just kidding, I got more cake plates than one could ever use in a lifetime.

I think when you are in love and you find the 'right' person for you, you just can't see yourself living without this person. At least that's why I got married - I wanted to share everything - from babies to homes to vacations - good time and bad .. it just seemed a natural progression and taking the marriage vows was a public committment in front of family and God.

mranderson
01-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Why do guys get married? That one is easy. For three weeks a month, sex is there waiting for you instead of having to go look for it... And the other week? Well, maybe she will lend you a hand.

Intrepid
01-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Why do guys get married? That one is easy. For three weeks a month, sex is there waiting for you instead of having to go look for it... And the other week? Well, maybe she will lend you a hand.

Speak for yourself, please.

I got married because I wanted to show my commitment to the one I loved. Granted, I could have still easily done that w/o getting officially married, but I think it was important to be "Officially" married.

It definitely was not because of the steady sex. Actually, sex tends to decrease after the marriage, in most cases. =(

:tiphat:

sweetdaisy
01-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Um, I would say that I'm having much less sex now (none) than I did when I was married. :D

Oki_Man5
01-04-2006, 07:37 PM
Speak for yourself, please.

I got married because I wanted to show my commitment to the one I loved. Granted, I could have still easily done that w/o getting officially married, but I think it was important to be "Officially" married.

It definitely was not because of the steady sex. Actually, sex tends to decrease after the marriage, in most cases. =(

:tiphat:

LOL Tell me about the sex decreasing. LOL But in the past year or so, it has increased quite a bit.

Intrepid
01-04-2006, 07:38 PM
Um, I would saw that I'm having much less sex now (none) than I did when I was married. :D

A sad, but true, fact here as well. =(

:surrender

osupa05
01-04-2006, 07:43 PM
I know it's cheesy (but I'm watching football, so that should help make up for it!!), but I'm going to paraphrase a movie... we live in a big world full of people and it's almost key that you have somebody that says I want to be a part of your life. I want to notice what you do and take part in your everyday events... while the rest of world goes by without batting an eye, I'm going to share your experiences with you. Biblically, marriage is a symbol of a relationship between Christ (the groom) and the church (His bride). O.K., I'll back off the pulpit.. commercial's over anyways!!! Go horns (since the poke's season was over a long time ago!)!!!

sweetdaisy
01-04-2006, 07:48 PM
:congrats: Osupa_05, you rock, sistah!

Intrepid
01-04-2006, 07:51 PM
I know it's cheesy (but I'm watching football, so that should help make up for it!!), but I'm going to paraphrase a movie... we live in a big world full of people and it's almost key that you have somebody that says I want to be a part of your life. I want to notice what you do and take part in your everyday events... while the rest of world goes by without batting an eye, I'm going to share your experiences with you.

Not cheesy at all!!! That's exactly how I felt...and still do. :(

Keith
01-04-2006, 07:52 PM
I know it's cheesy (but I'm watching football, so that should help make up for it!!), but I'm going to paraphrase a movie... we live in a big world full of people and it's almost key that you have somebody that says I want to be a part of your life. I want to notice what you do and take part in your everyday events... while the rest of world goes by without batting an eye, I'm going to share your experiences with you. Biblically, marriage is a symbol of a relationship between Christ (the groom) and the church (His bride). O.K., I'll back off the pulpit.. commercial's over anyways!!! Go horns (since the poke's season was over a long time ago!)!!!

"I got married because I wanted to show my commitment to the one I loved. Granted, I could have still easily done that w/o getting officially married, but I think it was important to be "Officially" married."

Very well put, Intrepid and osupa05.

I got married because I love my wife, and she is not only my companion and lover, but she is my friend. We committed our lives together before God, and made a promise to God and to the witnesses at our wedding.........that til death do us part. As a matter of fact, we will be celebrating 25 years this year, and in about three weeks, we are going on a cruise.

"I'm going to share your experiences with you. Biblically, marriage is a symbol of a relationship between Christ (the groom) and the church (His bride)."

Marriage is definitely a committment before God and family.

dirtrider73068
01-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Companionship....Isn't that one of the reasonings for hooking up with somebody and falling in love. I did, I was single for a long time, but longed for that companionship, found the one I liked and loved then got married, though th elove and companionship has falling apart. I wished now I could go back in time to that falling apart time and fix it, I miss the companionship alot.

As far as football, mine don't like football she said its boring, so a lady that will watch football, woohoo, I am watching the game now, cause nothing else on and football looks better anyway.

Curt
01-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Um, I would say that I'm having much less sex now (none) than I did when I was married. :D
Sex? what is that, been so long I cant remember.

Leon
01-04-2006, 11:49 PM

Ditto.

swake
01-05-2006, 01:44 PM

You must have a very warm and loving relationship. I'm thinking a post like this warms your little lady's heart. :stars:

Question, about that one bothersome week, do you stay at home or at a hotel when she is so "dirty"?

Hell, what with marriage laws these days, wouldn't it be better for the guys to marry their hands? No "down" week there.................

sweetdaisy
01-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Perhaps this question should be addressed to the lady who married a dolphin (see "In The News" section, "Dolphin Wedding" thread), and should could answer it. Or ask Dennis Rodman...didn't he "marry" himself years ago?

Swake: "wouldn't it be better for the guys to marry their hands?" Ewww...Ick...Yuck. Yes, I know you were making a point, but Ewww...Ick...Yuck. :D

Curt
01-05-2006, 02:07 PM
I love my hands...but I wouldnt marry them

sweetdaisy
01-05-2006, 02:08 PM
OMG, Mariner...

To you, I also say "Ewww...Ick...Yuck". How about TMI!!!!

Curt
01-05-2006, 02:11 PM
OMG, Mariner...

To you, I also say "Ewww...Ick...Yuck". How about TMI!!!!
Whoa there Daisy..I never said I used them....very often... I was just saying I love them cuz they are a part of me...where is your mind at young lady.

Jay
01-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Anyway...... back to the topic of this thread.

I have to say a person has many reasons to get married.

It would take me forever to name all of them.

If you really can't see the true benefits to getting married I would have to say its time to join the other team or see a shrink.

You can only be a player for so long before your too old to play the game.

Anyone who says that they would prefer to stay single over getting married is usually lying.

Take the chance find someone get married and have a family. It is probably one of the best things you will ever do for yourself.

Leon
01-05-2006, 08:59 PM
I have to say a person has many reasons to get married.
It would take me forever to name all of them.

You didn't name any, Jay

If you really can't see the true benefits to getting married I would have to say its time to join the other team or see a shrink.

I never said I didn't see benefits; I asked a few folks to list theirs? What team?

You can only be a player for so long before your too old to play the game.

...and I'm close.

Anyone who says that they would prefer to stay single over getting married is usually lying.

Agreed.

Take the chance find someone get married and have a family.

Whoa! "Take a chance"?!?!?

Jay
01-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Hmmmmmm............. you winged me there big guy.

Keep up the good work......:LolLolLol