View Full Version : Cocktails on the Skyline

floater
07-08-2004, 07:20 PM
This is not so much about arts events, but regarding the Oklahoma City Museum of Art: has anybody been to Cocktails on the Skyline, the evening happy hour (of sorts) on the rooftop of the museum? During my latest visit to OKC, I enjoyed COTS on a beautiful Thursday evening. Music plays while a small cash bar serves drinks to a chatty crowd. An abstract scupture shares the rooftop with sets of tables and chairs. The 180 degree view is terrific, with sights of the Civic Center, Stage Center, all the way to the Ford Center, and the Ron Norick Library and City Hall in the foreground. Cost is $7, the price for museum admission and a drink ticket. COTS is every summer Thursday from 5 - 8 PM. Try it for a relaxing evening!!

Patrick
07-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Hey floater,

I didn't realize that. I'll have to go check into it. Sounds like both fun and relaxing. So it's actually on the rooftop of the museum? How do you get up there??? :confused:

floater
07-09-2004, 06:28 AM
Elevator, of course! I believe the museum was designed with this activity in mind.

Curt
07-09-2004, 08:28 AM
This is something I'm gonna have to check out, sounds like a good time. Next time I'm in town, I'll do that.

Patrick
07-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Hmmmm. That's cool. I didn't realize when they were developing the museum that Cocktails on the Skyline were in the works. I'll definitely check it out this summer. Thanks floater.