View Full Version : Transformer Blown-Bricktown

Karried
01-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Oh no, not a blown transformer and no power for tonight in Bricktown?! I-40 North - reported power outage - that should not happen with all the people wanting to come and eat before the game tonight in Bricktown - ouch... they are supposed to fix it very shortly - I hope so.

scotplum
01-03-2006, 01:53 PM
The power outage kept me and my family from being able to eat at Coaches before the game, unfortunately.

OKCNDN
01-06-2006, 12:21 PM
How much of bricktown was affected by ONE transformer?

John
01-06-2006, 12:56 PM
How much of bricktown was affected by ONE transformer?

All of it, except for some city streetlights.

The power seemed to be out from the Presby Health Foundation, through the Triangle/Flatiron area and everything East of the railroad tracks.

It was an eerie feeling walking through Bricktown. It was like a ghost town, no joke. A few restaurant workers were milling around the front/kitchen doors of the establishments. I wish I had my camera.

OKCNDN
04-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Happened again today 4/17/06 and it will keep happening until they bring more transformers to increase the capacity of electricity in Bricktown.

It's the third time in the last few months I believe. All three have happened in the same area. There is just too much electricity use and not enough capacity.