View Full Version : Gmail -- want it?

Midtowner
09-24-2004, 09:42 AM
Send me a private message if you want gmail. If you don't know what that is, it's like hotmail or yahoo but gives you 1000 megs of storage for free. I only have 5 invites left, so it's first come, first serve.

mranderson
09-24-2004, 09:50 AM
What is "Gmail?"

Patrick
09-24-2004, 10:53 AM
It's basically a service like yahoo mail or whatever, but offers tons of storage for free. If I needed the storage I'd take it, but it would probably just encourage me to keep my inbox a mess all the time.

Anyways, if you guys need more storage you might take Midtowner up on the offer. It's actually a pretty good deal. Thanks Midtowner for offering the invites.

Midtowner
09-24-2004, 11:14 AM
Actually, Patrick, it has a nifty "archive" function. I never delete emails. I just archive them. If I want to dig out an old email, it's very simple. Say I sent something to the fraternity board of advisors I'm on about a house contract. Gmail uses the google search engine to search all of my emails, so I just type in "contract" on the search bar and get everything I've emailed having to do with that.

It's FAR more organized than my old hotmail account where I kept a "Don't delete" folder.