View Full Version : Hornets / Bricktown Info

david clarkson
12-15-2005, 08:32 PM
I am traveling with a group of 35 High Schoolers to the Hornets game Sunday the 18th. Would like info on where to take them to eat before game. Planning on Memorial around 3, then eat somewhere affordable for them maybe in Bricktown. Meal under $15.00? Bus Parking ? Any info would be appreciated.

fromdust
12-15-2005, 08:38 PM
i think that all the places to eat on the "new side" of bricktown, where the fountain is, are under $15. sonic, earls bbq, nothing but noodles these are all cheap.

Patrick
12-16-2005, 12:18 AM
Zios, Coach's at the ballpark, Bricktown Brewery, Chelinos, Abuelos, etc. are all under $15. The only pricey restaurant in B-Town is Nonnas.

ksearls
12-16-2005, 08:12 AM
Hi David

Check out the downtownokc.com website, it has all of the restaurants listed with information about each one and a map. The restaurants listed are good choices as would be the Bricktown Brewery, they are good at accommodating large groups.

There is bus parking available in the alley just north of the SBC Bricktown Ballpark. The north side of that alley is designated for motor coach parking.

You might consider going snow tubing or skating while you are here. Check the website under Downtown in December for contact numbers for group rates.

Have fun!!
Kim

Pete
12-16-2005, 08:35 AM
I think high school aged kids would really enjoy Coach's.

You have a view of the Bricktown ballpark which makes it quite unique. Also, they have a pretty big menu of sandwiches and burgers, so you should be able to please most.

http://www.coachsok.com/images/cokctwo.gif

Their burgers and sandwhiches are about $6-7 and include fries.

Here's their menu:

http://www.coachsok.com/menu.html

ksearls
12-16-2005, 08:44 AM
Plus you would have a birds-eye-view of the snow tubing!

Karried
12-16-2005, 10:23 AM
http://www.downtownokc.com/

You might call Coaches in advance and ask about parking and request a window seat - the weather will be a little wet and cold so have the kids dress warm - have fun!!

http://www.downtownokc.com/images/mapit_black.gif ("]Coach’s[/url] [url=")
20 Mickey Mantle Dr
(405)232-6224

American, Bar & Grill, Barbeque, Brew Pub • At this casual sports bar inside the Bricktown Ballpark you can watch the game and enjoy wonderful barbecue, burgers and other menu items at the same time. For the best tables during the Redhawks games, you need to reserve and buy a table for the night. Coach's is known for its barbecue; be sure to try the brisket.

Midtowner
12-16-2005, 10:57 AM
There are cheaper restaurants of course in lower Bricktown such as Oodles of Noodles, Sonic, and Earl's. If you call some restaurants in advance, I do know that for example, Coaches will do a caterer style meal for you in a reserved part of their restaurant.

wallyboy75
12-16-2005, 07:11 PM
I would reccomend earls or sonic since there is a good size parking lot in lower bricktown for you to park the bus at.

Doug Loudenback
12-16-2005, 09:45 PM
I am traveling with a group of 35 High Schoolers to the Hornets game Sunday the 18th. Would like info on where to take them to eat before game. Planning on Memorial around 3, then eat somewhere affordable for them maybe in Bricktown. Meal under $15.00? Bus Parking ? Any info would be appreciated.

Hi, David (aka Ardmorehornet?),

I'd add this to what the others have said ... my wife and I went to the IHOP on Reno (in the Coca Cola Event Center) for breakfast last Sunday ... it's quite nice, great menu, LOTS of food. I mean, LOTS. We'll go again.

You and your kids are gonna have a GREAT trip! Man, were I a kid again and get to travel up to see an NBA team ... what a thrill that would be! Oh ... I forgot ... :bright_id ... I AM a kid again going NUTZ over the Hornets!

Nachos_Rule
12-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Hey Doug and Patrick....Goobersmooch (Will) here. Just signed up. Ready to spread joy and peace throughout these boards.

Just to stay on topic....My favorite place to eat is the Taco Bell off Rockwell and Heffner.

Go Oklahoma Sooners!
Go Memphis Tigers!
Go OKC Hornets!
Go US Democrats!

Doug Loudenback
12-19-2005, 09:11 AM
Great to see you here, Goobersmooch!

Uhhhh ... what's the topic??? :LolLolLol

Karried
12-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Hey Goobersmooch,

Karried here - welcome to the board!

Great win last night!

Go Hornets!! whoo hoo!!

Nachos_Rule
12-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Heya karrie.....Looks like most of the same crowd on this board that is on the Hornets one.
Patrick told me this weekend that I need to sign up on this board. Didn't even know about it until he told me.

metro
12-19-2005, 12:29 PM
nachos do rule!!!

Patrick
12-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Just to stay on topic....My favorite place to eat is the Taco Bell off Rockwell and Heffner.

:confused:

Patrick
12-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Heya karrie.....Looks like most of the same crowd on this board that is on the Hornets one.
Patrick told me this weekend that I need to sign up on this board. Didn't even know about it until he told me.

Yeah, most of us started here, and have participated on both. :)

I'd say this site is more of a comprehensive OKC site, whereas the other is focused simply on the Hornets. We also have leaders here like Mick Cornett and Steve Lackmeyer, obviously with interest in city hall issues.

Anyways, glad to have you! BTW, I prefer Taco Salads. :dizzy:

david clarkson
12-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Thank You all very much for the help. The trip went well. We visited the Memorial, was a little cold though, didn't stay there long. Split into two groups , Some ate at Bricktown Brewery, others had Zio's. Both places were good experiences. The game was fantastic, though we sat in the top 3 rows of The Ford Center. Appreciate all of you taking your time to give us guidance. The kids had a great time. Got home at 1:20 AM. School was a little sleepy today . Kids had Finals. Nice time for them.. Again thank you all for your help.

Patrick
12-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Glad you enjoyed your stay here! :)

Steve
12-20-2005, 03:24 PM
"I'd say this site is more of a comprehensive OKC site, whereas the other is focused simply on the Hornets. We also have leaders here like Mick Cornett and Steve Lackmeyer, obviously with interest in city hall issues."

I might be better described as "a fly on the wall"
- Steve Lackmeyer

Doug Loudenback
12-20-2005, 03:53 PM
"I'd say this site is more of a comprehensive OKC site, whereas the other is focused simply on the Hornets. We also have leaders here like Mick Cornett and Steve Lackmeyer, obviously with interest in city hall issues."

I might be better described as "a fly on the wall"
- Steve Lackmeyer

No longer! :boff:

metro
12-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Anyone been watching the news the last few days? Shinn has officially announced he is looking for investers. He said not necessarily Oklahoma but anywhere. Of course he is covering himself by saying that. Another great sign. Don't be surprised to see a local investor in the next few months step up to the plate