View Full Version : IPOD Crazy

asta2
12-13-2005, 08:41 AM
Stopped in the Apple store on Sunday. I could not believe how many people were buying IPOD and Nanos. I have an 11 yr old and a 13 yr old. I bought my 13 a Nano and then changed my mind and bought her an Ipod and am giving the Nano to my 11. I caved into the pressure. I had to give up my Christmas gift to get this done. Am I crazy? I'm beginning to think so. I then decided I had to have them engraved. Word of warning - ONLY get them engraved on the Apple site. If you take them any where else it voids the warranty! They won't share that info with you at the Apple store. I took both mine back and had to fight like hell to get them to waive the 10% restocking fee so I could order them online to get them engraved. It's free and the shipping is free so it cost the same. I'm pretty sure all of my daughters friends are getting one if they don't already have one. I can't believe I bought them. I had the money this year but I still think I'm sending the wrong message. "It's what all the kids have mom". Mine at this point still don't think they are getting them at all. But on the up side I know they will be gratefull and will take good care of them. Did everybody else cave too?

MadMonk
12-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Mine are into Barbie and Batman, so I'm enjoying that while I can. Maybe I can win the lottery before my kids start asking for that stuff. ;)

Karried
12-13-2005, 09:21 AM
asta, don't feel bad... I'm thinking of one too for my 12 year old.. the thing is that they are only young once and if they really want one, hopefully they will take good care of it. Kids this age love music - I saw one at Sams club the Shuffle for $99..

I'm trying to weigh out the pros cons of getting one..my son is really interested in archery so I think I will get him an archery set with targets ...but I hate hunting so I'm ambivelent there too! He really wants a cell phone - not happening this year.

Anyway, enjoy the season -

ibda12u
12-13-2005, 02:05 PM
Sounds like you're living in the blessing and curse of technology in our generation :)
My daughter doesn't want normal toys, like dolls, and lego's, she wants cell phone's, laptops, and things that challenge her. The problem is she's only two right now. I'm not sure what I'll be getting for her 10th birthday.

A word of note, though. The Ipod's are great, but in 6months there will be a bigger (smaller) better one. A company called creative is looking set to produce a product called ZEN vision:M that will probably challenge the Ipod in features next year, at least until Ipod produces another. http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/zenvisionm/
Just a heads up for what will probably be the next gotta have item.

Karried
12-14-2005, 09:38 AM
Hey ibda - thanks, I just bought the Black Nano - had it engraved (thanks to Asta) ..

"For those about to ROCK" .. ha,ha - my son will be thirteen and is really into music so I got it - I think he'll love it and when he's tired of it -- pass it on down to Mom...

ibda12u
12-14-2005, 10:10 AM
I think he'll love it and when he's tired of it -- pass it on down to Mom...

Hehe Techno-recycling :) or Techno-antiquing :)

The Techno Antique roadshow.

Karried
12-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Just because it's my birthday I see no need to reference antiques! Ha,ha...

I prefer techo - recycling although I will feel weird running around with 'For Those about to ROCK!' engraved on the Nano!