View Full Version : New Year's Eve

escan
12-12-2005, 09:30 AM
Just wondering if any of you had heard of great things to do on New Years Eve (especially you, Kim). We were looking at the Museum Cafe (great 5 course meal and champagne, etc at midnight on the roof watching for fireworks) all for $100 per person....thought that sounded pretty good, but wondered what else might be going on.

Thanks!

John
12-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Dallas Mavericks @ OKC Hornets will be where I start the night...

metro
12-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Yeah catch a hornets game and then the Museum of Art. Opening Night will also be going on downtown with 60,000 or more of your closest friends.

ksearls
12-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Oh my gosh, New Year's Eve is going to be CRAZY this year. The Hornets are playing at the Ford Center, the Blazers at the Cox Center, the tubing and the ice rink will be open, and Opening Night!

That dinner at the Museum sounds really great, have you seen the menu? Here's a good plan, cocktails in Bricktown, hockey or basketball, a spin around the ice rink, late dinner at the Museum, fireworks at midnight from the roof of the Museum (admission included in the dinner, more cocktails in Bricktown and a nice, warm cab ride home!

Oh, then you can take a cab ride back to get your car the next morning and go tubing and have a yummy brunch in Bricktown!

escan
12-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Here's the menu....I made reservations....the latest they still had available was 8:30, though.

New Year's Eve 2005
$100 per person, tax and gratuity not included Vegetarian option available upon request
Sponsored in part by Alexander Valley Vineyards

Asiago-Leek Bouchee Verjus Beurre Blanc
Alexander Valley Vineyards, Chardonnay

Lobster Bisque
Roasted Red Pepper Blini and Crème Fraiche

Organic Field Greens Tossed in Apple Cider Vinaigrette,
With Roasted Baby Beets, Spiced Walnuts,
Cranberry Gastric and Gorgonzola Cheese
"Sin Zin" Alexander Valley Vineyards, Zinfandel

(Choice of Entrée)

Individual Beef Wellington with Sarladaise Potatoes and Truffle Infused Bordelaise Sauce
Alexander Valley Vineyards, Cabernet Sauvignon

Pan Seared Halibut Stuffed with Jumbo Lump Crab, Served on Risotto Cake with Champagne Sabayon
Alexander Valley Vineyards, Pinot Noir

Callebaut Chocolate Soufflé Tart
Castello Banfi Rosa Regale Brachetto d'Acqui

Limoncello Coquillette
New Years Madeleines
Executive Chef Robert Black

ksearls
12-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Yummy!!!!!!!

Karried
12-12-2005, 03:17 PM
That dinner at the Museum sounds really great, have you seen the menu? Here's a good plan, cocktails in Bricktown, hockey or basketball, a spin around the ice rink, late dinner at the Museum, fireworks at midnight from the roof of the Museum (admission included in the dinner, more cocktails in Bricktown and a nice, warm cab ride home!

Oh, then you can take a cab ride back to get your car the next morning and go tubing and have a yummy brunch in Bricktown!

Wait a minute - I heard there was nothing to do in OKC!