View Full Version : Belle Isle

metro
12-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Does anyone know what is going up next to the IHOP on Classen in the Belle Isle area

ksearls
12-12-2005, 08:45 AM
Hi,

I heard it is that Mexican restaurant that was on 63rd that Chesapeake bought.

Kim

escan
12-12-2005, 09:27 AM
It is. It's called Laredo's.

soonerguru
12-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Mmmm. Laredo's is very good.

Too bad for them that chain restaurant, Cafe Laredo, just opened up down the street at Penn Square Mall. This is going to be very confusing for people!

"Just meet me at Laredo's on Northwest Expressway." Whoops!

metro
12-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah, I don't think its Laredo's. Its actually called Cantina Laredo's at Penn Square Mall and I'm pretty sure this is what replaced the old Laredo's. Patrick can you or anyone with mall connections clarify?

escan
12-12-2005, 02:28 PM
The old Laredo's is being replaced by the one that is currently being built by IHOP....not sure about the one at Penn Square.

ksearls
12-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Just received this info in a press release regarding the Cantina Laredo at the maul!

Cantina Laredo, serving lunch and dinner, opens daily at 11 a.m. and is part of Dallas-based Consolidated Restaurant Operations, Inc. (CRO) which operates and franchises 140 restaurants in 18 states, employs 6,000 and has system wide sales of approximately $250 million. In addition to the Cantina Laredo concept, CRO operates El Chico Café, Spaghetti Warehouse, Good Eats, Lucky’s, III Forks, Silver Fox, and Cool River.

John
12-12-2005, 03:49 PM
Metro,

Cantina Laredo at Penn Square has no connection to the Laredo's that was at 63rd & Western. Laredo's is owned by a local family (with connections to Pepe's in Edmond), while Cantina Laredo is a chain restaurant. Laredo's is setting up shop next to IHOP on Classen.

Patrick
12-12-2005, 05:58 PM
The owners of Laredo's ought to consider changing the name to avoid the confusion with the chan restaurant nearby.

By the way, I tried Cantina Laredo at Penn Square. I'd give it a B+. It's not your typical tex mex Mexican restaurant. It's a tad bit more upscale. I'd compare it more to Abuelos.