View Full Version : A River at "River"walk

russellc
12-07-2005, 07:16 AM
As I assumed in another thread the city is actually going to make the ditch look like a (very little) river. For a few days I have seen some dirt work going on at the south end of the ditch, near the under-construction shopping center. Yesterday while leaving Kohl's two guys from the city were putting up a sign that said something about a "drainage enhancement project" which will be a low damn to keep water in the ditch and make it an attraction, rather than an eyesore.

Off topic, does anyone know when the pond near Don Pablo's in Norman will be finished, if ever. It has been a construction site for years now.

SOONER8693
07-14-2006, 07:26 AM
Now don't go selling the farm based on this info, but, as I understand it, they can't get that "pond" thing between (now gone) Don Pablos and Chilis to hold water. The person that told me this said he heard they have basically given up on it.

ETL
07-21-2006, 06:41 PM
Will this be like Bricktown?:tweeted:

soonerliberal
07-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Will this be like Bricktown?:tweeted:

LOL!

ETL
07-22-2006, 09:35 PM
LOL!
Is that a NO? :-(

soonerliberal
07-22-2006, 10:48 PM
They have been transforming the ditch into something that could resemble a "riverwalk", but it is nothing like bricktown or San Antonio. At least it isn't an eyesore anymore. In 10 years, once trees are actually grown up a bit and there is more water in it, it will be better. I suppose they are actually planning for the future, which is rare for OK.

xpertinfun
10-18-2006, 06:54 PM
Man, This project is moving along quite nicely....Noticed some folks walking coming over from Alfredos strolling down the sidewalk next to the "canal".

Can't wait to see it when its finished....Has anyone seen the plans for this project? Should really boost the business revenue around there quite nicely.

Spartan
10-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Yes, ETL, that is a no. Actually it depends on which Bricktown you are talking about, lol...

I don't think modeling development after Lower Bricktown is that crazy an idea. But modeling Bricktown development after Moore development is just plain silly.

[/end complaint]

traxx
10-19-2006, 07:17 AM
It would make sense that if you have a development named riverwalk you would have a river. An enhanced drainage ditch will do if it looks nice.

As far as Norman is concerned; If they can't get it to hold water redo the thing so it can or fill it in and plant grass. Right now it looks stupid. If they've given up on it, then the old Oklahoma mentality is alive and well - have a good idea, do a crappy job, when it doesn't work, leave the mess as is.