View Full Version : Fire!

Karried
12-05-2005, 09:52 AM
Guys, take a minute to visit or call a relative/friend/neighbor (especially elderly people in this frigid weather) and remind them to check their smoke alarms and to make sure nothing flammable is near space heaters.

At this time of year, I am seeing so many tragic stories about kids and elderly people succumbing to smoke and flames.. it shouldn't be happening.

If you know of anyone who needs a smoke detector - they cost under $10 bucks... give them something that might save their lives.

I think many fire departments give out free ones.. anyone know of any free programs?

Jay
12-05-2005, 11:57 AM
Guys, take a minute to visit or call a relative/friend/neighbor (especially elderly people in this frigid weather) and remind them to check their smoke alarms and to make sure nothing flammable is near space heaters.

At this time of year, I am seeing so many tragic stories about kids and elderly people succumbing to smoke and flames.. it shouldn't be happening.

If you know of anyone who needs a smoke detector - they cost under $10 bucks... give them something that might save their lives.

I think many fire departments give out free ones.. anyone know of any free programs?

The Oklahoma City Fire Department gives out free smoke detectors and they install them for the ederly and disabled.

I know they came out and put one in my grandparents house a few years ago.

All you have to do is call the non emergency number for the fire department. I would think most of the other metro departments do this as well.