View Full Version : Sell out in 3 Minutes?!

Karried
12-03-2005, 11:14 AM
How can it be within the first 3 minutes, all the tix are sold out for the Lakers and the Cavs? uuggh - what's up with that? Even yesterday for the pre-sale all the tix are gone.. I managed to get crappy seats in the nosebleed sections for the Knicks, Bulls and Lakers and today the Cavs ( but have to sit separately) 320 A and E ( I'll take what I can get - I make friends easily ha,ha).

Next year, I'm buying season tickets - this is a nightmare trying to get tickets. I could never have imagined it would be this hard...

But what is going on? Where are all of the club tix and seats?? Who bought them - surely not season ticket holders.. does anyone know?

OkieHornet
12-03-2005, 03:16 PM
I was wondering the same thing - I got into Ticketmaster the second they went on sale for Miami seats and there was NOTHING! I even checked for some non-marquee games in March/April like the Trailblazers and there were only $10 tickets available. Something's weird about this - maybe they're holding tickets back and will release them at various times to combat scalpers? Just glad I've got a 12-game package (but not the one that has Miami, unfortunately!)

wallyboy75
12-03-2005, 05:57 PM
I try to get the six pack of tickets that included the Miami game and I had no luck at all unless I wanted to spend 400 for 2 of them. I wish I could but I don't think the wife would go for that.

John
12-05-2005, 01:31 PM
I'd imagine the Pioneer sponsors got first dibs at seats for this next batch of games, then season ticket holders, then those who subscribe to get 'bee-mail', then the general public.

It's not a surprise that the Lakers and Cavs games were gone that fast. Everyone wants to see Lebron and Kobe.

wallyboy75
12-05-2005, 10:10 PM
On trying to get tickets from scalpers when is the best time to get them, for the hornets or the blazers. I aks this since I have no luck in getting at a price my wife and I can afford.

John
12-06-2005, 01:32 PM
On trying to get tickets from scalpers when is the best time to get them, for the hornets or the blazers. I aks this since I have no luck in getting at a price my wife and I can afford.

I'd split up with your wife, one of you positioned by Robinson and Reno and the other by Gaylord and Reno and just keep a lookout anywhere from 45-30 mintues before a game until a bit after tip off. You can usually find one for face value or not too much over.

...oh, look for a 'normal' person selling their tickets. not a scalper. you wont get hosed trying to make up for their 'overhead'.

BDP
12-06-2005, 03:11 PM
I'd split up with your wife

That's a little drastic, don't you think?

Oh, wait...