View Full Version : 12.2.05 is a WIN!

Doug Loudenback
12-02-2005, 09:32 PM
88-86, another (4th) sellout (average attendance is now 18,737, around 5th or 6th in the league), and we are 8-7.

According to Willis Reed on the post-game radio show, the fans really helped ... he said he thought we'd have lost the game had it not been played here. He said that fan support is especially important with a young team, like the Hornets are. Even though we came close to letting a win slip away, we scored the last 9 points to turn it around. Whew! So, sure, Iverson had 34 points ... but it didn't produce a win!

Here's a nice pic showing Allen Iverson and Chris Paul from here: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/basketball/2031AP_BKN_76ers_Hornets.html

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/aponline/71735.6476ERS-HORNETS.sff.jpg

roboticbrad
12-02-2005, 09:58 PM
I watched the game on TV and what a great game it was. The fans were very loud at the Ford Center.
Go Hornets

Doug Loudenback
12-02-2005, 10:07 PM
I was there, but in the nose bleed Section 317 ... but I was glad to get tickets at the last minute from a client. My pics will be posted tomorrow, but there surely won't be any "close ups" this time! But, it will show the Hornets at Ford Center from a "higher" perspective than my other pics have.

I did remember to take my binoculars when I left home to go downtown, but, sadly, not when I parked and got out of the car to walk to the Ford Center! :ohno:

Patrick
12-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Hooray! We're above 500 now. Go Oklahoma City Hornets

BDP
12-03-2005, 01:52 AM
there was not a bad seat in the house tonight. that game was great. up by 12 down by 8, desmon mason's free throw, allen iverson's miss with 2 left... you should be there next time.

Karried
12-03-2005, 07:20 AM
I'm too despondent to respond - I didn't get to go - ahhhhhhhgggggg - I really don't think there were tickets even being scalped- did you see anyone selling?

But, I watched it on TV what a nailbiter! I was yelling at the top of lungs! Especially the third quarter! But the last few minutes must have aged me 10 years!!

I love Chris Anderson - something about how he gets in there and just goes postal! I hate when he doesn't play - West was awesome tonight and I thought Mason was going to be really injured but what a slam! PJ was so complimentary about the fans, he said from the pre-season games , the fans have shown awesome support.

Our Fans Rock!! It was so loud and they stood until we won!! I woke up so excited that we won!!!

GO HORNETS!

BDP
12-03-2005, 09:24 AM
I saw one guy buying some tickets from a car in traffic, but that was it. I didn't see any other for sale. I have a feeling there will be more like this.

Doug Loudenback
12-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Here's the title & subtitle synopsis of an article from the Daily Times News, a Philly area news source, at http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15685208&BRD=1675&PAG=461&dept_id=18170&rfi=6

In the end, Sixers fail to finish
CARYL KAUFFMAN, Special to The Times12/03/2005

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The folks of Oklahoma City are doing their best to prove that they deserve an NBA team. And after a dismal season a year ago, the Hornets are doing their best to prove they are one. Both did a fine job Friday night. The crowd at the Ford Center, which numbered a sellout 19,163, saw a down-to-the-wire battle in which the Hornets prevailed, 88-86.