View Full Version : Wes Lane's wife busted....AGAIN

Patrick
12-02-2005, 03:04 PM
And to think this guy is our DA, and his wife is behaving like this. She simply can't get off the drugs and alcohol. Wes got her off once, but doesn't look like it's going to happen again.

I don't feel sorry for her, and I think she's providing a lot of excuses for ending her practice, when the #1 reason is that she got busted.

----------------

Plastic surgeon in city voluntarily retiring

By Ty McMahan
The Oklahoman

Oklahoma City plastic surgeon Lori Hansen said she saw her last patient Thursday and is voluntarily retiring from medical practice after testing positive in July for alcohol, a violation of her probation with the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision.

Hansen, wife of Oklahoma County District Attorney Wes Lane, is on a five-year probation with the board after she pleaded guilty in 2002 to two felony counts of obtaining a controlled substance by misrepresentation.

"I just think the Lord has different opportunities for me to try," Hansen said. "I've kind of been losing the joy of practicing medicine, and I think now was the time."

She said she has practiced medicine for 25 years and has considered giving up her practice for about five years.

"Honestly, she could go through all the motions and stay in practice," Lane said. "But what became painfully clear is that that's not going to solve anything. She just needs to walk into a new chapter of life."

Hansen, 51, said she was seeking treatment before she was charged and has not used prescription painkillers in more than five years.

Lane said there was no criminal wrongdoing with his wife's probation violation.

Lyle Kelsey, executive director of the state board, said they are currently investigating Hansen's case. He said they have made no decisions if any punishment is necessary. He said the most severe punishment would be revocation of her medical license.

Lane said his wife's struggles with addiction helped him become a better prosecutor. "There is a class of offender that does not possess a criminal heart," Lane said. "Their conduct is driven by an addiction and not an intent to be a criminal. If they want to help themselves, we want to help them. If they don't want to help themselves, we're going to protect the public."

Keith
12-02-2005, 03:34 PM
And to think this guy is our DA, and his wife is behaving like this. She simply can't get off the drugs and alcohol. Wes got her off once, but doesn't look like it's going to happen again.

I don't feel sorry for her, and I think she's providing a lot of excuses for ending her practice, when the #1 reason is that she got busted.

----------------

Plastic surgeon in city voluntarily retiring

By Ty McMahan
The Oklahoman

Oklahoma City plastic surgeon Lori Hansen said she saw her last patient Thursday and is voluntarily retiring from medical practice after testing positive in July for alcohol, a violation of her probation with the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision.

Hansen, wife of Oklahoma County District Attorney Wes Lane, is on a five-year probation with the board after she pleaded guilty in 2002 to two felony counts of obtaining a controlled substance by misrepresentation.

"I just think the Lord has different opportunities for me to try," Hansen said. "I've kind of been losing the joy of practicing medicine, and I think now was the time."

She said she has practiced medicine for 25 years and has considered giving up her practice for about five years.

"Honestly, she could go through all the motions and stay in practice," Lane said. "But what became painfully clear is that that's not going to solve anything. She just needs to walk into a new chapter of life."

Hansen, 51, said she was seeking treatment before she was charged and has not used prescription painkillers in more than five years.

Lane said there was no criminal wrongdoing with his wife's probation violation.

Lyle Kelsey, executive director of the state board, said they are currently investigating Hansen's case. He said they have made no decisions if any punishment is necessary. He said the most severe punishment would be revocation of her medical license.

Lane said his wife's struggles with addiction helped him become a better prosecutor. "There is a class of offender that does not possess a criminal heart," Lane said. "Their conduct is driven by an addiction and not an intent to be a criminal. If they want to help themselves, we want to help them. If they don't want to help themselves, we're going to protect the public."
I agree, and I hope they prosecute her to the full extent of the law. I don't care who her husband is, they should show her no leniency. She violated her probation, so they need to treat her like they would treat a normal citizen under these circumstances.

BDP
12-02-2005, 03:44 PM
There is a class of offender that does not possess a criminal heart," Lane said. "Their conduct is driven by an addiction and not an intent to be a criminal.

I hear what you guys are saying, but I agree with whqat Lane said there. I don't know if I believe he is actually doing that, but I think it's good he acknowledes it. I don't want her to get any special treatment, either, but it shouldn't take special treatment in order for our system to help people.

Jay
12-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Substance abuse can take down anyone in any family at any time. In fact some of the people you know may be substance abusers. They just do a good job of covering it so nobody ever knows of it.

Sometimes the only time we find out someone has a problem is when the police or other enforcement entity brings the problem to light. Usually by that time the problem is so far gone that it takes months sometimes years to get person back straight again.

Mr. Lane is a man of faith and he is probably practicing the death do us part promise to his wife. That means you stick by that person no matter what. Even if sometimes it kills you emotionally.

You can't criticize him for loving his wife and hoping she will get better. He loves her so much he is willing to go through the fire with her to help get her life back on track.

The only reason he is coming to the media with this is because he doesn't want some snot nosed reporter destroying his family and his career by putting a spin on the story.

I do not think we have seen the last of her in the headlines. You can bet some of her patients will sue her for malpractice .

Patrick
12-02-2005, 05:36 PM
My problem is that this isn't the first time she's been caught doing this. She got her license revoked a year or two ago for writing illegal prescriptions for Lortab for herself. The OSMA wanted to take her license away permanently, but Lane pulled strings for her. She did rehab, and returned to practice medicine under probation.

Now she relapses again.

My problem with her isn't that she relapsed, but that she's coming up with excuses as to why she's retiring. She wouldn't have retired had she not been caught under the influence.

PUGalicious
12-03-2005, 03:10 AM
My problem with her isn't that she relapsed, but that she's coming up with excuses as to why she's retiring. She wouldn't have retired had she not been caught under the influence.

I agree completely, Patrick. I hardly think testing positive for alcohol is evidence "the Lord has different opportunities for me to try."

soonerguru
12-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Notice that Lane said: "...if they don't seek help, we'll protect the public."

So basically, if you're rich and Bobbie Burbridge Lane is your finger-wagging stepmother, you can get help at high-priced treatment clinics and "enter a new stage in life" by quitting your job.

If you cannot afford to go to some pricey Bette Ford Center, and you actually have to continue working for a living, Sir Lane will ensure you do some time to "protect the public."

swake
12-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Hey, read the part about WHO she is on probation with, and turn down the holier than thou attitudes.

It's not a criminal probation, it's a board probation for her medical licence. It helps to read.

Even if she was on criminal probation and tested positive for drinking, unless she was drinking and driving or breaking some other law, do you really think that a postive test like this would warrant jail?

Jay
12-03-2005, 11:41 AM
Shouldn't this have been posted in "In The News" especially since this conversation has turned into an attack on a politician.

I thought this section was mainly new things happening in OKC or new businesses opening in the area.

writerranger
12-06-2005, 12:47 AM
Wes Lane is a protégé of one of the most corrupt District Attorneys in U.S. history -- Bob Macy. Read Mark Fuhrman's book about Oklahoma County justice. Things have not changed, only the names have changed. This "man of faith" made certain no death penalty went to a rich and well-connected surgeon, who left the hospital to go home and murder his wife, only to return like a normal day. If someone left a job at 7-11, went home and murdered their wife and returned to work - they would be looking at their date with the needle. Lane's incredible excuse, you might remember, was that "she probably didn't suffer."

Seeing this latest story about Lane and his wife doesn't surprise me. I also agree with those saying drugs and addictions should be handled in a medical setting as opposed to a legal one. However, it IS a legal issue everyday for many people in Oklahoma County and in Mr. Lane's office - just not when it involves his wife.

Corruption should have no place in our great city. With Macy and Gilchrist gone, we can only hope that Mr. Lane will soon be shown the door.