View Full Version : Winter Wonderland @ the Ballpark

Keith
11-30-2005, 04:19 PM
There’s no business like “snow business” at Downtown in December’s newest attraction. Presented by Bob Howard Auto Group, Snow Tubing at the Brick will have visitors “laughing all the way” down a towering slide of snow at SBC Bricktown Ballpark.

“Over the field we go” will have new meaning as riders soar from the upper deck all the way to second base at the Brick.

Sound a bit daunting? A second, miniature slide will have children and the less adventurous “dashing through the snow” as well.

Land lovers and those just dying to build a snowman are in luck, too. An area devoted to snow fun and frolic will have revelers of all ages playing in a winter wonderland.

No winter day would be complete without hot chocolate, apple cider and warm, delicious sandwiches and desserts. Concessions will be open for those who have come to play or just sit back and watch.

Snow Tubing at the Brick is open from Nov. 25–Jan. 1 on most days. The venue will be closed Nov. 28-29, Dec. 5–6 and Dec. 12–13. Hours of operation are noon to 10 p.m. Admission is $8.50 for each 1 1/2-hour session. Private parties are available by calling (405) 218-1000.

http://www.oklahomaredhawks.com/upload_images/rowdy_tubing.jpg

Now that looks like some fun.

ksearls
12-01-2005, 08:28 AM
Hey Keith! Let me tell you, it is a blast!! I've done it and you go FAST!
The crowds are very light on weekdays, now is the time to go!

Here's more info:

Just wanted to remind everyone that Downtown in December is going on through Jan. 1. Those of you who work Downtown, this week and next week will be a great time to sneak off at lunch and go skating at the Braum's Ice Rink or tubing at Bob Howard Tubing at the SBC Ballpark. The kids are in school and the crowds should be thin on the weekdays. I went tubing last week and it is a blast!! You can even do it in your business attire!

They both open at noon. A combo ticket is only $15 and can be purchased at either venue. You can check the site for the dates.

Also, make sure and check out the art in the windows at the Devon Window Wonderland on Park Avenue. It is all up for auction on the website, proceeds benefit the OKC Public Schools Foundation. Some great Christmas gifts there!

Also, the Downtown in December Run is this weekend! Get out and work off some of that turkey and gravy.