View Full Version : Morning After pill

Rev. Bob
11-29-2005, 07:04 PM
What do you think of the morning after pill and other abortion pills like RU486? Personally, I think all forms of abortion need to be outlawed.

Uptowner
11-29-2005, 07:19 PM
I don't think the government should interfere in a women's right to choose. I think the government needs to stay out of people's lives, and give us the freedom we're owed.
It's the old Libertarian way of thinking.

Shaggy
11-29-2005, 07:32 PM
I don't think the government should interfere in a women's right to choose. I think the government needs to stay out of people's lives, and give us the freedom we're owed.
It's the old Libertarian way of thinking.
Didn't you just say that in another post? get over it! The government is here to stay. I agree with the Rev. All abortion should be illegal, period.

Uptowner
11-29-2005, 10:49 PM
Government is taking our precious freedoms away. This wasn't what our forefathers intended.

swake
12-03-2005, 09:18 PM
How is it abortion? The pill keeps the egg from implanting in the womb, how is that a fetus?

bandnerd
12-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Very good. Someone actually knows what the pill does before condemning it!

As a woman, which it seems this thread is led mostly by men, I would say I'd like the government to stay out of my uterus, thank you.

I've run across a lot of men who are pro-life, but oftentimes, men don't have to deal with the consequences of pregnancy.

I, for one, am glad there is a morning after pill and an abortion pill. I know that I will probably get flamed for having that opinion, but I know that I am entitled to it. So flame away, boys.

Midtowner
12-16-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm for a woman's right to choose up until the fetus becomes viable (between 22-24 weeks I believe). These pills are a great option for women to be able to guard against unwanted pregnancies and children. I really don't see much functional difference between them and plain 'ol birth control pills.

Patrick
12-16-2005, 01:26 PM
I find it interesting, the differences in opinion over where life starts. What's even more interesting is the difference in opinion over birth control. Catholics have an interesting view on that.

MadMonk
12-16-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm of the belief that once the egg is fertilized, you now have a baby human being and therefore abortion is the killing of a baby.

That said, I don't know much about the morning after pill. If it indeed prevents the fertilization of the egg, then I have no problem with it.

Midtowner
12-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Even the Catholic Church has issued edicts supporting an abortion if it occurs before the egg implants on the uterus. What's strange to me is that right at this point, the cells are already dividing, you have DNA, the creation of a fetus is in motion.

And Patrick -- we Catholics don't agree with eachother on everything :)

Jack
12-16-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm of the belief that once the egg is fertilized, you now have a baby human being and therefore abortion is the killing of a baby.

That said, I don't know much about the morning after pill. If it indeed prevents the fertilization of the egg, then I have no problem with it.

I think the morning after pill prevents fertilization. Patrick, correct me if I'm wrong. It simply makes the journey from the ovary through the fallopian tube a tough one for the sperm and egg both. So they don't meet to fertilize.

Midtowner
12-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Morning After Pill

Emergency Contraception

Morning After Pill - What Is It?: The morning after pill is a method to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sexual intercourse.

Morning After Pill - Success Rate: Depending on which type of morning pill is used - it can be successful 75%-89% of the time.

Morning After Pill - Side Effects: Common side effects of the morning pill include nausea, vomiting, lower abdominal pain, fatigue, headache, breast tenderness, and menstrual changes.

Morning After Pill - How Do I Get It?: Right now the morning after pill is only available with a prescription.

Morning After Pill - How Does It Work?: The morning after pill works by inhibiting ovulation or prevent implantation of an egg if you have already ovulated.

Morning After Pill - Does it Prevent STDs?: No, the morning after pill does not prevent against sexually transmitted diseases.

http://womensissues.about.com/od/reproductivehealthissues/p/pmorningafter.htm

Todd
12-17-2005, 02:57 AM
Patrick,

Did you mean to say "Where" life starts or rather "When" life starts?

Midtowner
12-17-2005, 07:41 AM
I don't think there's consensus to either one.