View Full Version : Hey TStheThird

Patrick
07-08-2004, 12:11 AM
Hey TStheThird ,

If you cancontact all of the other people that have joined this forum, let's try to get some action going on this forum. I think we can make it into something great. Does TStorm ever post one here?

I'll try to keep the discussions going...we just nee participants. Looks like several people have joined the group in the past.....would be great if we can get them participating again.

Keith, another friend of mine, Mr. Anderson's, and Floater (we all came from the old OKC City hall Talkback forum) should be joining us in a week when he gets back from Falls Creek. Hot Rod, a former member of our group from Seattle, will be joining us as well.

Anyways, hopefully we can try to get something positive going here.

The forum looks great.

If I must make one suggestion, it would be that the number of forums be decreased. It's kind of confusing, at least for now. Some of the variety is good though. Just a thought.

TStheThird
07-08-2004, 08:18 AM
I am just a guest on the board and have made the same suggestion that the number of forums be greatly reduced. It is confusing to have so many. In fact, when I told you about this message board, I was afraid that you wouldn't be able to find the threads that I started because there are so many forums. Luckily, it has all worked out.

TStorm goes by OKCPulse on this board and he was posting early on. He is the one that told me about this place. I will email him and also give him a PM. I am working on actively recruiting people for this board. I thank you for doing the same. We really can make this a great place if we continue to work.

Todd
07-08-2004, 08:48 AM
TStheThird,

Thank you for the suggestion. We've had several members bring the same issue up. We felt we should atleast give the board a couple of months to see where the traffic landed and then reduce the vacant forums. I'll make a note to the staff to start cutting.

Anything else you guys and gals want to see please do not hesitate to let the staff know.

Take care all!

oktalk

Todd
07-08-2004, 08:50 AM
I might also add we've had several members comment that the forum colors were to dark. Just in case any of you have missed the tip. The forum colors can be changed by using the drop down menu in the lower right corner and changing the default skin.

oktalk

TStheThird
07-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Thank you for the help and I am glad that this board is starting to pick up. Thank you for starting it.

Patrick
07-09-2004, 01:29 AM
I agree. Thanks for starting this forum. We'll work on trying to get more people here. I went ahead and emailed several of the other people that have posted here in the past. Also, looks like floater, Mr. Anderson, and Keith will be with us for the long haul. Hot Rod, a former Okie now from Seattle, should join sometime as well.

Thanks for providing the forum. Hopefully we can get it going as much as the Tulsa folkshave gotten TulsaNow going.

I'll try to keep posting to keep people interested that come here. I'm sure the others will do the same.

I used to post on the MAPS Forum on the Daily Oklahoman Forums, back when they managed those, and we got a pretty good group going there. Floater and Mr. Anderson are from there as well. Hopefully we can get something going here.

Todd
07-09-2004, 04:47 AM
Hi all!

Thanks a million for your participation. The site was just opened May 1st, 2004. So we are very young in relation to other discussion forums. Its been a struggle to bring attention to the site and foster good participation. We finally decided to spend a little cash and advertise on the Edmondsun.com web site, Google, and Overture.

The site is housed on a dedicated server with all the redundant stuff needed to keep the site up and available.

We are cotemplating adding several new features over the next couple of months and would love your feedback as things progress. We've tried to stay away from too many mass emails to members. I hate it when I join a forum and get loads of SPAM email about this or that.

Take Care All!

oktalk