View Full Version : looking for a good gym

Elmofromok
11-23-2005, 04:12 PM
I am looking to join a gym in the very near future.

I am hoping to have a gym that will allow me to work out in multiple locations. I work in Norman and in Edmond, and live in NW OKC. So if possible I wouldlike to be able to work out wherever I happen to be. I would settle for Norman and NW OKC.

I know that the YMCA is an option, but I was wondering if there are any other gyms that fit this scenerio?

BDP
11-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Aspen has a few location in the city, I do not know about Norman and Edmond, so that may not fit. But be warned, they are very used car salesman-like (my apologies to all used car salesman) and can be a pain to work with. Their equipment is nice, but I just got sick of dealing with their staff.

Other than that, I am not really aware of any other chains, outside of the Y.

Elmofromok
11-23-2005, 05:21 PM
yeah I think I would get really sick of the slimy sales thing. I have a low tolerence for that. Thanks.

John
11-24-2005, 03:34 AM
Aspen & All-American are the only chains I'm aware of in the metro.

These aren't chains, but I'd recommend the OU Center for Healthy Living (10th & Lincoln) or Edmond Athletic Club (On Kelley, between Memorial and 33rd).

jbrown84
11-24-2005, 02:49 PM
There is an Aspen at Danforth and Bryant in Edmond. My family goes there and I've heard no complaints.

Patrick
11-25-2005, 05:20 PM
YMCA offers a very affordable plan.

diesel
11-26-2005, 11:46 AM
aspen is awesome.. i moved from all american (cheap nasty gym) to aspen at penn square mall... i was quite suprised at how clean the gym is... another thing i like about it is that alot of professional people or younger people go there so it isnt alot of senior citizens like all american has.. alot of eye candy too!!! :) as far as the staff goes, they will try and sell you when you walk in the door, but just stay firm and bargain.. i was paying like 18 dollars a month at all american with no contract and i went to aspen and tried to get the same deal and at first he gave me the run around but then i told him that they had a scout in the mall who told me that i could get that same rate (which the dude really told me that) and so he was like well do you work in the mall (and of course you have to say yes) and he was like ok then we will give you that rate... i actually took the $29.00 w/$99 startup fee instead of the $19.00 w/$199 startup fee cause i was broke at the time.. if you plan on joining, speak with one of the salesguys and they usually will give you like a week for free or even a month for free.. then after that, bargain with them and get yourself a cheap plan.. :)

Elmofromok
11-26-2005, 02:55 PM
aspen is awesome.....

thanks for the info! Is Aspen only near Quail? Because that location is not really going to work for me.

Elmofromok
11-26-2005, 02:55 PM
YMCA offers a very affordable plan.

Yeah i am leaning towards the Y..

diesel
11-26-2005, 03:16 PM
thanks for the info! Is Aspen only near Quail? Because that location is not really going to work for me.

they actually have one at rockwell & nw expressway, penn square mall, & 1409 e danforth road in edmond

fromdust
11-27-2005, 06:22 PM
i used to go to aspen on rockwell. not a big fan. i liked it better when golds gym was here. oklahoma athletic club is on memorial close to the super target. maybe you check that out.

metro
11-28-2005, 07:07 AM
Aspen on NW Expressway and Rockwell seems to be the best in my opinion and my personal choice. Mods can we move this thread? There is already a gym thread in another forum. Perhaps the HEALTH AND FITNESS forum??????

diesel
11-28-2005, 12:51 PM
yeah the aspen on nw expressway and rockwell i heard is very nice

metro
11-28-2005, 01:07 PM
Relocate thread to Health and Fitness please