View Full Version : Xbox 360?

Karried
11-22-2005, 07:14 AM
My first post didn't post so here goes again.....

Did anyone stand in line and get one?

My friend went to Sam's club at 3:30 am and waited until 7:00am - one per person - Business account holders.. yuk.

Anyone have the inside scoop on if mere mortals might be able to one before Christmas?

okcpulse
11-22-2005, 07:48 AM
Karried, here is how the retail situation stands with XBOX 360. More will be arriving at retail stores within two days. As it stood yesterday, any retail store that did not take reservations got a smaller shipment from Microsoft than those that did. The retail stores that didn't sold the 360 on a first come-first serve basis. No doubt their were several fights yesterday.

I'm just going to wait a while, at least until the release of Halo 3. I opted out for a PC upgrade with an NVidia 6800 GT graphics card, 3GB of RAM, an AMD FX-57 processor and Windows Vista (that's next year, though) as the OS.

Karried
11-22-2005, 08:01 AM
Okcpulse, I knew you would know! Thanks - let me know of any new developments - which stores might have any - if you have a chance to get one - call me...

I wasn't going to get one but of course, what's number one on the kid's wish list?

I need to get rid of the TV.

Julie
11-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Well you could also get a PS3... i hear they are just as good if not better than a xbox 360... so dont rule that out ;)

Yodachaos
01-02-2006, 12:35 AM
PS3s are sopposed to be better than the Xbox 360. also wal-mart i know will be getting more throughout wal-mart so keep checking. but when they do put them out they go within 15 minutes or fast. thats if the employees dont get them when they get off. yes yes i know they are not sopposed but it happens.

Karried
01-02-2006, 08:21 AM
Thanks Yodachaos - I pretty much resigned myself to waiting until the next kid's birthday in Spring.. the kids had a good Christmas and I'm glad I didn't pay an outrageous amount on Ebay ( some ended up with glitches - I'll let them work out those first)..

as far a PS2 - they love Halo and Halo2 so that is why we stick with XBOX ...

Yodachaos
01-02-2006, 08:38 AM
np. be prepared to get up to stores early or very later at night. ill have to see when they usually get them out on the floor but ill post back. though each store is different. best bet is to call the store and ask for electronics and ask when they put the merchandise from the truck out to have a general time when you might be going up to the store. Also keep bugging them every few days as to when they will get some in.