View Full Version : 11.19 v. Orlando - We WIN!

Doug Loudenback
11-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Final score: Hornets 98, Magic 95! Two in a row ... we're on a streak, 1st back to back wins this year! David West had 34 points, Chris Paul 21. Attendance was 14,489 of a possible 17,248.

BTW, is the font size control not working? I couldn't change font size in the last several posts I've made.

Intrepid
11-19-2005, 08:43 PM
From ESPN.com

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- David West scored a career-high 34 points and Chris Paul added 21, leading the New Orleans Hornets to a 98-95 victory over the Orlando Magic on Saturday night.

New Orleans won despite missing center P.J. Brown and guards J.R. Smith and Speedy Claxton. Brown, attending his mother-in-law's funeral, missed his second consecutive game. Smith missed his fourth straight game due to a sprained left ankle, and Claxton sat out his second in a row with a sprained right ankle.

Hedo Turkoglu and Keyon Dooling had 22 points apiece for Orlando. Dwight Howard had 16 points and 17 rebounds for his seventh straight double-double.

After Paul scored a fastbreak basket to put New Orleans ahead 90-86, Steve Francis made it a one-point game on a 3-pointer with 1:02 left. Paul responded with his own 3 to extend the Hornets' lead to 93-89 with 41.8 seconds to go.

After a defensive stop, West hit a pair of free throws to make it 95-91 lead with 28.6 seconds remaining. Paul also hit a two free throws down the stretch.

New Orleans converted 15-of-20 free-throw attempts in the fourth. The Magic did not go to the line in the period.

West scored 20 points -- four more than his career-best -- in the first half as the Hornets took a 48-43 halftime lead. The advantage might have been bigger, but New Orleans went 6-of-14 from the foul line.

Francis, who finished with 21 points, and Turkoglu had eight points each in the third, helping the Magic go up 70-68.

Dooling scored nine points, including a three-point play, as Orlando used a 15-1 run to take a 32-28 advantage three minutes into the second.

Game notes
The Hornets (4-5) didn't get their fourth win last season until Jan. 11, in their 33rd game. ... Magic forward Grant Hill (sports hernia) has resumed light jogging. He is not expected back until at least mid-December.

Intrepid
11-19-2005, 08:48 PM
Game notes

The Hornets (4-5) didn't get their fourth win last season until Jan. 11, in their 33rd game. ...

This is the part I find most exciting. Let's hope we continue the winning streak!

Magic forward Grant Hill (sports hernia) has resumed light jogging. He is not expected back until at least mid-December.

To me, Hill is becoming the "Ken Griffey, Jr." of the NBA. I could be wrong, but I do not think there has been a season where Grant Hill hasn't been injured and missed a considerable amount of playing time. Don't get me wrong, I like his work ethic and his abilities. The man just has the worst luck!

BDP
11-20-2005, 01:35 AM
two words: road win!

Karried
11-20-2005, 09:28 AM
Wwwwwoooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Go Hornets!!!