View Full Version : Free Tickets At Buffalo Wild Wings Last Night

Doug Loudenback
11-19-2005, 06:58 AM
Man! Am I ever glad that I decided to go to Buffalo Wild Wings last night to watch the Hornets with my wife, Mary Jo! There were at least 3 big screens showing the Hornets v. Hawks game, smoking and non-smoking area. I was wearing one of my Hornets caps.

After having some great wings, fries & a couple of beers, Mary Jo was ready to leave at the end of the 1st half, when the score was Hornets 51, Hawks 32 (as I recall). But first, since I hadn’t seen any OkcTalkers there, I went into the smoking room first, and shouted,
“ANY OKCTALKERS HERE???” I got some funny looks, but none said, “Yes!”

So, I turned to leave, but was stopped by a nice young man, Ed Lynn, who turns out to be the owner/manager of this particular BWW. He’d noticed my Hornets cap, and he asked me what my favorite beer was. The first answer I gave was not helpful (though I didn’t know it at the time), and he took me to a sign showing “Bud Light” and pointed at it, and then, asked me again, and I said “BUD LIGHT”!

“Great”, he said, and he then took me to a table where another fine young man, Drew Addington was seated. He is a representative of Budweiser, the King of Beers!
And, it was then that I was informed that I’d just won TWO FREE TICKETS to an upcoming Hornets game, as the 1st recipient of an arrangement between Mr. Lynn (BWW) and Mr. Addington (Bud) that at each Okc Home game, TWO FREE TICKETS would be given to someone in attendance at BWW that evening!

So, there you are. If I hadn’t yelled out, “Any OkcTalkers here?”, and perhaps if I hadn’t been wearing my Hornets cap, I’d have missed out on this great prize!

So, the moral of the story is, if you’re not going to an Okc Home Hornets game, go to Buffalo Wild Wings, 4130 NW Expressway, South Side, between Portland and Meridian, next to the Outback.

You might get lucky, too!

Doug Loudenback
11-22-2005, 05:56 PM
By way of follow-up, I picked up my 2 complimentary tickets today from the Bud representative, Drew Addington, :bow: and let me tell you that they are GREAT tickets (Section 207, $80 per ticket). Thanks, again, Drew (Bud) & Ed Lynn (BWW)! :yourock: :dizzy:

Once again, the moral of the story is, if you’re not going to an Okc Home Hornets game, go to Buffalo Wild Wings, 4130 NW Expressway, South Side, between Portland and Meridian, next to the Outback. You might get lucky, too! :yourock: :boff: