View Full Version : Crime activity at Belle Isle??

Keith
11-15-2005, 06:02 PM
I received this via e-mail today, and felt that it was worth sharing, especially since it has to do with the Belle Isle Shopping Center, and it is getting close to Christmas.

At lunch today, I ran over to Party America and Ross in Belle Isle Shopping Center, by Wal-Mart and Pei Wei. While in the check-out line, the manager made it quite clear that a man that they are accustomed to coming in to shoplift was out in the parking lot trying to open various car doors. She was very loud, so those of us in the front of the store heard all about this guy and how she had run him off from the store at least. I did ask if they had mall/parking lot security (to alert) but the young checker helping me didn’t know. I did find it odd that she wasn’t calling someone to report this behavior.
During the course of checking out, I walked a few feet to the store front to make my car wasn’t one he was trying to break into. Anyway, when I got into my car and was backing out, I witnessed him grabbing a very large box from the back seat of a jeep (one of those real jeeps that is very easy to break into vs. a Jeep Cherokee)….he frantically worked and worked (for about 2 minutes) until he was successful in transferring the large box into his vehicle which was parked just next to this jeep…..I believe another person was in the passenger side and had been helping him by driving around the parking lot while he walked from car to car trying to get in. I guess when he found the jeep easy to access his buddy must of pulled just next to it for easy transfer of the stolen goods.

I was able to get the tag # and a brief description (dark green old model SUV) of his vehicle and called 911 to report it. I also gave them a brief description of the man, the clothes he was wearing and the direction in which his vehicle was going. I suggested that they talk to the Ross manager who was very familiar with this guy.

I share this because this occurred in the middle of the day and the holidays are approaching. I’m going to share with my parents because frankly I don’t want them in this parking lot….very frightening. Let your family members and friends know to be cautious if in this area (or any other for that matter).

Luke
11-15-2005, 09:49 PM
I hate that wal mart. I will make a point to not shop there. Target on May/NW Expy and Wal Mart Neighborhood Market on 23rd/Penn are both great alternatives.