View Full Version : Adoption..Pet of the week

Keith
11-13-2005, 08:18 PM
http://www.okc.gov/animalwelfare/animals/prissy.jpg
Prissy's five kittens have been adopted, and she is hoping her new family comes soon. She is a friendly 3-year-old chocolate point Siamese mix with big beautiful blue eyes. Prissy's shelter number is 105801, and her adoption fee is $65.

To adopt Prissy, contact OKC Animal Control at 297-3100

http://www.okc.gov/animalwelfare/Animals/108056.jpg
Terrier/Labrador Mix...7 years old....female....black
Her name is "Snuggles." Her shelter number is 108056 and her adoption fee is $25

To adopt Snuggles, contact OKC Animal welfare @ 297-3100

sweetdaisy
11-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Ooh! Is this going to be a weekly feature? I love it! :)

Keith
11-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Ooh! Is this going to be a weekly feature? I love it! :)
It was just an idea I have, that I thought would be neat. Since I love animals, I want to see as many get adopted as I can. Each Wednesday, on the city's website, they post a new "pet of the week." I don't want to be biased, so I figure I could post a picture of a dog and a cat that needs to be adopted.

I will post the new pet of the week on Wednesday. Maybe one of our okctalk family members needs a pet.

http://www.leybourne.com/3253.JPG

Intrepid
11-13-2005, 08:35 PM
It was just an idea I have, that I thought would be neat. Since I love animals, I want to see as many get adopted as I can. Each Wednesday, on the city's website, they post a new "pet of the week." I don't want to be biased, so I figure I could post a picture of a dog and a cat that needs to be adopted.

I will post the new pet of the week on Wednesday. Maybe one of our okctalk family members needs a pet.

http://www.leybourne.com/3253.JPG

What about getting Pets and People of Yukon involved? Or some of the other metro area shelters like Second Chance, Free to Live, etc?

Keith
11-13-2005, 08:46 PM
What about getting Pets and People of Yukon involved? Or some of the other metro area shelters like Second Chance, Free to Live, etc?
The only reason I picked the OKC Animal Shelter was because it is part of the City. I don't mind posting another shelter, especially if they have a pet of the week.

If you can give me the website address of one of the other metro animal shelters, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Intrepid
11-13-2005, 08:49 PM
The only reason I picked the OKC Animal Shelter was because it is part of the City. I don't mind posting another shelter, especially if they have a pet of the week.

If you can give me the website address of one of the other metro animal shelters, I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I meant something more along the lines of reaching out to those organizations for advertising or something like that.

Pets and People - www.petsandpeople.com Not sure if they have a pet of the week. I'll try to get the other web addresses.

Thanks...

:tiphat:

sweetdaisy
11-14-2005, 09:12 AM
I'm really excited that the OKC shelter is transitioning into a "No Kill" shelter...we should be supportive of it. I think it's great that you're going to be doing this each week, Keith. That's awesome!

Keith
11-16-2005, 03:54 PM
I'm really excited that the OKC shelter is transitioning into a "No Kill" shelter...we should be supportive of it. I think it's great that you're going to be doing this each week, Keith. That's awesome!
I checked www.okc.gov (http://www.okc.gov) website, and they do have a new "Pet of the Week," however, the cat that was featured last week is still pictured. I can't get any information on the dog that is"Pet of the Week." I'll check back later.

Karried
11-16-2005, 04:11 PM
I was thinking along the lines of Intrepid - asking them for some sort of sponsorship help and we could all contribute to helping getting the animals adopted.

sweetdaisy
11-17-2005, 08:43 AM
I was thinking along the lines of Intrepid - asking them for some sort of sponsorship help and we could all contribute to helping getting the animals adopted.

Though I love the idea of getting sponsorship help from these shelters, I think it would be unlikely they would be able to do so. Most of these shelters are non-profit and don't have the money to contribute...they rely on volunteer dollars just to keep the shelters going.

The link to them is a great idea, b/c it increases awareness, however I would be surprised if they are able to monetarily support this website.

Karried
11-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Yeah, I was thinking along those lines too - we can still support them though and try to get some pets adopted! BTW, sweetdaisy, what a cute pic you posted in the photo gallery! I tried to give you a 10 but it wouldn't post for some reason!

sweetdaisy
11-17-2005, 11:19 AM
I totally agree, Karried. I think we should give them as much support as possible and get the word out that adopting a pet can be very rewarding!

And thanks for the compliment, Karried. I was unnerved about posting a pic, so I appreciate the support! ;)