View Full Version : October Gas Prices

bucktalk
09-30-2022, 10:20 AM
Returned from a trip and landed at DFW. Saw multiple places where gas was $2.89 a gallon in Texas. Crossed the state line and in Oklahoma immediately saw gas for $3.47. No wonder people are moving to Texas....jk....mostly.

Celebrator
09-30-2022, 10:25 AM
Returned from a trip and landed at DFW. Saw multiple places where gas was $2.89 a gallon in Texas. Crossed the state line and in Oklahoma immediately saw gas for $3.47. No wonder people are moving to Texas....jk....mostly.

Saw that, too, in Ft. Worth last weekend--although not widespread, I saw it at least once at Racetrac and QT.

Pete
09-30-2022, 10:37 AM
Several places in the OKC area under $3 and a bunch more just over:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/oklahoma

bucktalk
09-30-2022, 10:45 AM
Several places in the OKC area under $3 and a bunch more just over:

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/oklahoma

The problem I had recently with GasBuddy was how inaccurate it was. Drove to three different locations where gas prices were posted at a lower rate. But the rate was quite a bit higher. I looked for most recent update but it was still incorrect. Oh well.....

baralheia
09-30-2022, 02:26 PM
The problem I had recently with GasBuddy was how inaccurate it was. Drove to three different locations where gas prices were posted at a lower rate. But the rate was quite a bit higher. I looked for most recent update but it was still incorrect. Oh well.....

GasBuddy relies on it's users to report prices; if you often see incorrect prices, there might not be many users in your area reporting prices - you might consider signing up to help report prices when you can. That said, I generally find it pretty accurate here on the southside - but, of course, ymmv.

MagzOK
09-30-2022, 05:29 PM

People tend to drive by stations and post onto Gasbuddy what the sign says. And most of the time it's the 10% ethanol gasoline up on the station sign and then that's posted on the app. I'm looking for 100% gas most of the time and it's never posted on there. Gasbuddy doesn't have a 100% gas entry option so it can be confusing.

April in the Plaza
10-01-2022, 05:13 PM
I’m fully expecting the finished gasoline prices to tank hard into The Mid-Terms and spike upwards dramatically after all votes are cast.

Teo9969
10-02-2022, 07:57 AM
I’m fully expecting the finished gasoline prices to tank hard into The Mid-Terms and spike upwards dramatically after all votes are cast.

Why?

soonergolfer
10-07-2022, 11:52 PM

I am still curious about the thinking behind this. I am guessing it is the 180 degree opposite.

chssooner
10-08-2022, 12:17 AM
I am still curious about the thinking behind this. I am guessing it is the 180 degree opposite.

I think it is more that politicians won't care about gas prices once the election takes place, and they no longer need votes for a couple years.

bucktalk
10-08-2022, 07:11 AM
Neighorhood Walmart at 15th/Western was $3:14 on Friday. 7-11 a block away was $3:37

Rover
10-08-2022, 07:58 AM
I think it is more that politicians won't care about gas prices once the election takes place, and they no longer need votes for a couple years.
Saudi or Russian politicians?

chssooner
10-08-2022, 10:38 AM
Saudi or Russian politicians?

Both? And US politicians. Similar to the deficit, it is only an issue when it benefits you in terms of voting. That is as political as I will go, so as to not get this thread shut down.

soonergolfer
10-08-2022, 04:53 PM
I was just curious because it’s pretty clear to me that prices are going to go up for a while. I don’t see how between an OPEC cut and the fact we have to refill the 200 million barrels drained from the petroleum reserve, that it can possibly go down. Of course, there is a chance no one bothers refilling the emergency reserves at some point.

Dob Hooligan
10-08-2022, 09:12 PM
Stories I’ve read say the OPEC Plus “deep cuts” are from 43.81 million barrels a day to 41.81 million. Under 5%. That’s from the quota number, which membership hasn’t been pumping up to since 2019?

Heard a story said something like 6 Refineries were idled while doing the winter fuel changeover. That was the main cause of the west coast gasoline price spikes