View Full Version : Sterilized

Karried
11-12-2005, 12:15 PM
I think this couple should be sterilized and given life in prison - both of them :

OSHKOSH, Wis. — A 4-month-old girl died when her inebriated mother fell asleep on top of her while breast-feeding, prosecutors said.
Lorinda Hawkins (javascript:siteSearch('Lorinda Hawkins');) told police she fell asleep about 15 minutes after she started breast-feeding the baby Feb. 23 because of her intoxication, a criminal complaint said. When she woke up about an hour later, the baby was pale and wasn't breathing, the complaint said.

Hawkins was charged Friday with one count of child neglect causing a death. If convicted as a repeat felony offender, she could be sentenced to 29 years in prison and fined $100,000.

Defense lawyer Steven Smits asked for Hawkins' release on signature bond so she could enter substance abuse treatment, but she remained jailed late Friday on $7,000 bond. A preliminary hearing was scheduled Nov. 17.

The 27-year-old — who was on probation for child neglect — had consumed six double-shot alcoholic beverages at a bowling alley, the criminal said. A toxicologist estimated her blood alcohol level ranged from .15 to .27 percent.

Her husband drove Hawkins and their 4-year-old daughter to the bowling alley and later brought them home, then went out drinking himself, according to the complaint. The baby was unresponsive when he returned an hour later, the complaint said.

dirtrider73068
11-12-2005, 10:07 PM
I don't believe it, :ohno: drunk and trying to breastfeed? Wouldn't that be transfered into the baby's milk some how from the mother? I think she should get harsh punishment, should be in child care, child devlopment classes, substance abuse class, and have to go around tell others teens and people alike how she got drunk and passed out on top of her child should be a good punishment.