View Full Version : Ideas for Bricktown

Karried
11-12-2005, 10:49 AM
How can Bricktown merchants intice people to come to their restaurants before and after the game?

What would make you want to go to dinner there? What would encourage you to go for drinks before or after - any ideas on how Bricktown can get customers to come out and support their businesses?

If you were an owner in Bricktown and had this opportunity with the Hornet's coming to town, what would you do to ensure/increase business?

TStheThird
11-12-2005, 05:00 PM
One thing they could do is have an employee outside advertising for people to come in and eat before and after the game. That would definantly send signals that they were open. They also need to advertise game night specials.

HOT ROD
11-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Advertising banners in the arena.

Also, the fliers mentioned by TS. Coupons and special GAME DAY offers!!!!

==================

One more thing, on my last visit to OKC, I could not get over how DARK downtown is. There are streetlights, but they seemed to be OFF.

I went in Aug with my girlfriend, but we did not feel safe to walk downtown in the Evening because it was dark. I saw other couples but they stayed close to their venue, like we did - not really walking or perusing through the city.

I think if the city could light up, it would add to the BIG CITY feel. Light it up, and we will walk and feel safe. Maybe that will also help people stay downtown before and after the GAME!!!

Karried
11-12-2005, 06:16 PM
Great ideas! I am planning on inviting owners to see the results here and forward ideas to Bricktown merchants if you don't mind..

HOT ROD
11-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Great ideas! I am planning on inviting owners to see the results here and forward ideas to Bricktown merchants if you don't mind..

Karried, Im all for it. Thanks.

Continue the Renaissance!

metro
11-14-2005, 08:27 AM
Yes, Karried, please do.

John
11-14-2005, 12:09 PM
I think downtown establishments should offer a free appetizer or dessert (or something like that) for showing them your game stub, or perhaps if a club charges a cover to waive that with said ticket stub.

That would encourage people to go out before and/or after the games.

metro
11-14-2005, 01:58 PM
Excellent idea John, and it also wouldn't hurt to have people dressed as chickens in front of each store

writerranger
11-14-2005, 06:36 PM
I'm all for using the ticket stub ever way imaginable. Waiver of cover charges at clubs, free whatever at restaurants. Bricktown merchants need to use that stub as a loss-leader for bringing home the biz.

HOT ROD
11-16-2005, 08:28 PM
I think downtown establishments should offer a free appetizer or dessert (or something like that) for showing them your game stub, or perhaps if a club charges a cover to waive that with said ticket stub.

That would encourage people to go out before and/or after the games.

That is also a WONDERFUL idea. Its actually something that we do here in Seattle. Local merchants offer discounts on the back of tickets, and people usually stay in the area after the games.

Karried, can you add John's idea to your think-tank suggestion box. :)

John
11-17-2005, 09:29 AM
As we're 4 games into the season, I've either gone out before or after each game to at least one Bricktown establishment. Those going to the games need to be offered some incentive to stay around, as many of the games are on weeknights, when its easy to just head home and pack it up for the night.

The Courtyard is becoming a nice place to go for a drink before the games, as it is the closest bar to the Ford Center. :D I'd recommend checking it out. They have plenty of tv's and seating.

Stinger
11-18-2005, 10:48 AM
I hadn't thought of going to pre-game at the Courtyard. We went to our first weeknight game Wednesday night. It's kind of hard to get downtown in time to hit bricktown before the game. I left work at 5, picked up the wife at home and drove from the Lake Hefner area to downtown. By the time we got parked, it was about 6:10pm. We knew we didn't have enough time to get something to eat at a bricktown restaurant and get to our seats before tipoff, so we had to settle for arena concessions. I definitely would have prefered to eat outside of the arena.

We actually tried to go to Icehouse Bar inside the arena, but the wait was about 20 minutes just to get in the door. I'll definitely give courtyard a shot next time we're in a time crunch.

HOT ROD
11-18-2005, 02:28 PM
If it takes that long to get downtown,

Looks like there might be a need for a HORNETS BEESHUTTLE transit service,

from Park N Rides in the metro suburbs to Downtown during games.

Come on Metro Transit ......

crazy4ou
11-18-2005, 02:48 PM
I went to Opening Night. Most people would think that on Opening Night it would be the largest turnout of people (fans, media, etc.) for the season. We went to Abuelo's at 5:45 and it was pretty much dead. We were in and out in 20 minutes. I think that there are alot of people that assume it will be packed in Bricktown and don't go because of that.

This time of year alot of people won't want to walk from Bricktown to the Ford Center because of the weather. They need to get the Trolley's or some sort of trasnportation to and from. If I owned a Bar/Club/Restaurant I would pay a high school student to stand out front of the Ford Center and pass out flyers. They could even be passing out free samples.

Karried
11-19-2005, 06:58 PM
I think a Bee Shuttle is an excellent idea - the Stinger Express..

that is so true, I didn't want to walk outside when it was cold and wanted to park close to Ford. The restaurants are all a little distance to walk when it is cold.