View Full Version : Help Figure this Out!

Karried
11-11-2005, 04:11 PM
This is the strangest thing I have seen.. I can't seem to figure it out - it is actually amazing ..

http://funnyjunk.com/pages/mindreader.htm

Curt
11-11-2005, 04:30 PM
That is cool...How do it know?

sweetdaisy
11-11-2005, 05:52 PM
I can solve the mystery (or ruin the fun) for you, if you'd like.

Although I don't have a very "technical" explanation of why it happens, I can explain it. If you take any 2-digit number, add the two digits together and then subtract the sum from the original number, you will get a number that is a multiple of 9. Look at the symbols next to the numbers that are multiples of 9, and they are all the same. (Ex. 9, 18, 27,...,99 will all be snowflakes, or happy faces, etc.) The game reshuffles the symbols each time it opens so you wouldn't necessarily notice it right away.

Karried
11-11-2005, 06:00 PM
But, I don't understand how it goes to the number I've picked at the time I pick it - the symbols are all so different - why not go to the snowflake instead of the moon ? I'm so confused!!

Karried
11-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Okay, I think I've figured it out - I also think I blew a fuse!

sweetdaisy
11-11-2005, 06:13 PM
LOL! You are too funny. Like I said, I didn't have a real good technical explanation, but at least I could help point you in the right direction of figuring it out.

Luke
11-11-2005, 11:18 PM
if you pick the same number every time, it's a different shape... so obviously whatever number you pick is going to give the same result. It's just that the numbers assigned to the shapes are different each time.