View Full Version : The Official XBOX 360 Thread

okcpulse
11-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Okay, everyone, XBOX 360 will be released very soon. I was under the impression it would be released at the beginning of the month, but I haven't seen them yet, or I just haven't been getting out much.

XBOX 360 will come in two versions. The full version is $399 and includes a 20 GB hard drive and additional memory storage, along with NVidia emulation software to run old XBOX games (only the best sellers for now), since the 360 runs its graphics on ATI chips.

The chopped down version comes with a smaller hard drive, no emulation software and all of the barebones basics. It will essentially be a gaming console, but without the bells and whistles of the full box. You can still play the XBOX 360 games, but sorry, no Halo on the barebones version.

Please feel free to post anything you have to say in anticipation to the most advanced gaming system to date, even if it has to do with the up and coming PS3. I am personally not a Playstation fan, but I'm sure a lot of you are. Happy posting!

ibda12u
11-11-2005, 11:30 AM
I had no idea, they'd left Nvidia, and went to the ATI chipset. Any reason why?

fromdust
11-11-2005, 08:27 PM
yeah, i cant wait. dont get the core system, spend the extra $100. the good version will also have wireless controllers. if you have the gamecube you know how awesome the wireless controller is.
side note: have you seen the controller for the new nintendo revolution? you wont belive it when you see it.

second side note. peter jackson ( director of lord of the rings) will direct halo the movie. saweet.

okcpulse
11-11-2005, 10:56 PM
XBOX went after ATI for the same reasons Mac decided to switch from IBM chips to Intel chips. They couldn't keep up with demand. NVidia couldn't meet their goals.