View Full Version : Embarrassing Moments

Bill Robertson
07-09-2022, 12:54 PM
In public I'm a very quiet person until I know someone. That's one main reason there's a couple bar/grills that I'm a regular of and don't go much of anywhere else.

This morning I'm grocery shopping. I'm at the back of the store where the dairy and meat stuff is. Carry On My Wayward Son comes on the sound system. So I'm singing in my head. Then when the bridge plays I silently mouth the words.

Carry on,
You will always remember
Carry on,
None can equal the spender
Now your life's no longer eemptyyyyyyyyy
Surely Heaven waits fooor youuuuuuuuuu

Or at least I thought I was just mouthing it until I realized that I was belting it out and everyone in view was looking at me. One probably 70ish lady was bobbing her head.

Bowser214
07-09-2022, 04:57 PM
LOL Rock on! :Smiley053

Brett
07-10-2022, 06:00 AM
Splendor not "spender".

Bill Robertson
07-10-2022, 06:19 AM
Splendor not "spender".
Yeah. Too late to edit it. Glad to know that's what you got from the post.

OKCbyTRANSFER
07-10-2022, 08:14 AM
Lucky for you, I think many of here have belted out a song verse somewhere out in public. I know I have hummed or lip sync a few. Good story

Mississippi Blues
07-10-2022, 12:11 PM
Yeah. Too late to edit it. Glad to know that's what you got from the post.

I guess you can rest easy now in knowing that the embarrassment of accidentally singing a song too loud in the store will feel frivolous compared to the eternal embarrassment of spelling splendor as “splender” on OKCTalk.

Bill Robertson
07-10-2022, 12:31 PM
I guess you can rest easy now in knowing that the embarrassment of accidentally singing a song too loud in the store will feel frivolous compared to the eternal embarrassment of spelling splendor as “splender” on OKCTalk.
Nah. I have no problem owning that I'm not perfect.

Mississippi Blues
07-10-2022, 03:12 PM
Nah. I have no problem owning that I'm not perfect.

No worries. I was only attempting a joke. Sarcasm works best when spoken.

PhiAlpha
07-11-2022, 11:58 AM
In public I'm a very quiet person until I know someone. That's one main reason there's a couple bar/grills that I'm a regular of and don't go much of anywhere else.

This morning I'm grocery shopping. I'm at the back of the store where the dairy and meat stuff is. Carry On My Wayward Son comes on the sound system. So I'm singing in my head. Then when the bridge plays I silently mouth the words.

Carry on,
You will always remember
Carry on,
None can equal the spender
Now your life's no longer eemptyyyyyyyyy
Surely Heaven waits fooor youuuuuuuuuu

Or at least I thought I was just mouthing it until I realized that I was belting it out and everyone in view was looking at me. One probably 70ish lady was bobbing her head.

This made me laugh out loud. I’ve done the same.