View Full Version : Pat Robertson: God's gonna get you for voting out school board

PUGalicious
11-10-2005, 07:25 PM
From Reuters (http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=domesticNews&storyID=2005-11-10T211653Z_01_SCH076551_RTRUKOC_0_US-RELIGION-ROBERTSON.xml&archived=False):

Conservative Christian televangelist Pat Robertson told citizens of a Pennsylvania town that they had rejected God by voting their school board out of office for supporting "intelligent design" and warned them on Thursday not to be surprised if disaster struck. […]

"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city," Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, "The 700 Club."

"And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there," he said.

Patrick
11-10-2005, 10:06 PM
I just now read this article. I've come to the conclusion that Pat Robertson is a nut. He needs to retire because he's making Christians look like maniacs.

What ever happened to the love that Jesus preached? Anyone remember the adulterous lady that everyone was trying to throw stones at?

Sure, I think the move to oust all of the board members sucks, but Robertson's comments are far worse than the ousting of the board members.

Doug Loudenback
11-11-2005, 04:51 AM
Sorry, Scribe, but I think you misquoted Mr. Robertson when you quoted him as saying,

"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God, you just rejected Him from your city," Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, "The 700 Club."

"And don't wonder why He hasn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted God out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for His help because he might not be there," he said.

I think that the actual statement he made was,

"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: if there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to Me, you just rejected Me from your city," Robertson said on his daily television show broadcast from Virginia, "The 700 Club."

"And don't wonder why I hadn't helped you when problems begin, if they begin. I'm not saying they will, but if they do, just remember, you just voted Me out of your city. And if that's the case, don't ask for My help because I might not be there," he said.

Isn't that what he actually DID say? :demonslay :fighting3 :demonslay

Doug Loudenback
11-11-2005, 04:52 AM
I accidentally duplicated the above when intending only to edit ... so this vestage remains. Is there a way to delete posts I've accidentally made?

Patrick
11-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Click Edit, then select Delete Message, hit the delete message button.

Doug Loudenback
11-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Thanks, Patrick. I'm a slow learner!