View Full Version : Robert Hefner V Accused of Fraud

catcherinthewry
04-26-2022, 07:38 AM
Son of former OKC mayoral candidate Carol Hefner and occupier of third base thanks to his birth is being sued for fraud by Continental Resources.

"Continental Resources has filed a lawsuit in Oklahoma County District Court accusing a prominent Oklahoma City independent oil and gas executive of working with one of Continental's former employees to use the company's confidential drilling plans in a scheme to acquire, hold and resell mineral rights.

In a case that alleges fraud filed on Friday, Robert Hefner V and his companies Hefner Energy and Hefner Energy Holdings are named as defendants.

Hefner is a fifth-generation energy executive and part of a historic Oklahoma City family of energy business men."

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/business/energy-resource/2022/04/25/robert-hefner-energy-executive-accused-fraud-continental-resources/7433327001/

gopokes88
04-26-2022, 09:55 AM
He's toast. CLR out for blood

Pete
04-26-2022, 09:58 AM
What is with these former Continental employees being accused of collaborating with others to allegedly commit fraud?

This is the second suit from CLR, and it seems almost identical to the first.

gopokes88
04-26-2022, 10:30 AM
What is with these former Continental employees being accused of collaborating with others to allegedly commit fraud?

This is the second suit from CLR, and it seems almost identical to the first.

They discovered it in the Blaine Dywer case. Then CLR fired Hefner IV. Hefner V went on a long rant on twitter about ethics and being bullied by CLR. Probably why the lawsuit calls him out for running a fraud scheme while pretending to be holier than thou.

CLR has been pretty loosely goosey with their data though. They didn't even make land brokers sign CA's until like 2019.

There's some grey area in other cases, but this one he appears to be toast. Probably settled out of court.

Full suit here: https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetCaseInformation.aspx?db=oklahoma&number=CJ-2022-1860&cmid=4073366 and here https://www.oscn.net/dockets/GetDocument.aspx?ct=oklahoma&bc=1052248543&cn=CJ-2022-1860&fmt=pdf

sooner88
04-26-2022, 10:30 AM
CLR/Harold’s going scorched earth. Regardless of the outcome, they’ll drag this along and hope that he’s bled out by the time a verdict it ruled or settlement is made.

Pete
04-26-2022, 12:18 PM
They discovered it in the Blaine Dywer case. Then CLR fired Hefner IV. Hefner V went on a long rant on twitter about ethics and being bullied by CLR. Probably why the lawsuit calls him out for running a fraud scheme while pretending to be holier than thou.

What is it with OKC where you have a ton of people tweeting tens of thousands of times with very few followers and only 0-5 likes per post?

They seem to be fooling themselves into believing that lots of people care about their endless hot takes when the reality is they are just screaming into an electronic void.

It can't be healthy to constantly rant. And it's so very bizarre and common on Twitter here.

catcherinthewry
04-26-2022, 12:31 PM
What is it with OKC where you have a ton of people tweeting tens of thousands of times with very few followers and only 0-5 likes per post?

They seem to be fooling themselves into believing that lots of people care about their endless hot takes when the reality is they are just screaming into an electronic void.

It can't be healthy to constantly rant. And it's so very bizarre and common on Twitter here.

I wouldn't know what Hefner said in his Twitter rant because he blocked me.

Pete
04-26-2022, 12:36 PM

I wouldn't know either because I don't follow him.

In fact, I follow very few local Twitter accounts for the exact reasons I mentioned above.

I suspect a bunch of OKC people jumped on Twitter some time ago and never realized almost no one cares what they have to say, but they just keep going and going. I've never understood the local Twitter crowd.

Bill Robertson
04-26-2022, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't know either because I don't follow him.

In fact, I follow very few local Twitter accounts for the exact reasons I mentioned above.

I suspect a bunch of OKC people jumped on Twitter some time ago and never realized almost no one cares what they have to say, but they just keep going and going. I've never understood the local Twitter crowd.
I was only on Twitter a little while some time ago. Mostly to follow OU sports and the STL Cardinals. Found out most of what I read I already knew. Deleted the app a couple years ago. Never got the love of Twitter.

Midtowner
04-26-2022, 02:05 PM
I was only on Twitter a little while some time ago. Mostly to follow OU sports and the STL Cardinals. Found out most of what I read I already knew. Deleted the app a couple years ago. Never got the love of Twitter.

I've been using Twitter a lot more since the war in Ukraine started. While the info is always questionable and not taken at face value, there is WAY more direct information there. If you want to follow any subject intensely, you can often hear directly from the newsmakers as they make the news.

It's also great for following alt-right sources. While I don't tend to subscribe to that ideology, it sure doesn't hurt to know what's out there.

Midtowner
04-26-2022, 02:07 PM

It's purely anecdotal on my part, but CLR seems pretty litigious. I seated a guy on a jury a few years ago who was a former engineer there who was then being sued by CLR over some intellectual property they accused him of taking.

For whatever it's worth, those guys take their IP very seriously.

king183
04-26-2022, 02:56 PM

Is this the same Hefner who, in an sad attempt to be viewed as an insider, put out false information about Lincoln Riley’s contract with USC and when it was exposed as false, he threw an infantile fit on Twitter saying no one appreciates all the work he does in the energy industry?

Pete
04-26-2022, 03:07 PM
I get that Twitter has value in following national news sources, but for the life of me I don't understand this weird local Twitter clique that started about a decade ago.

I'm not talking about the Hefners specifically (as I said, I don't follow any of them) but the larger group of locals that spend a ton of time on Twitter when nobody seems to be paying any attention to them.

It seems to be the same group that still believes The Oklahoman is the be-all-end-all of news. In other words, mainly those completely out of touch without realizing it.

DowntownMan
04-26-2022, 03:28 PM
Is this the same Hefner who, in an sad attempt to be viewed as an insider, put out false information about Lincoln Riley’s contract with USC and when it was exposed as false, he threw an infantile fit on Twitter saying no one appreciates all the work he does in the energy industry?

Yes, same hefner.

PhiAlpha
04-26-2022, 04:23 PM
I get that Twitter has value in following national news sources, but for the life of me I don't understand this weird local Twitter clique that started about a decade ago.

I'm not talking about the Hefners specifically (as I said, I don't follow any of them) but the larger group of locals that spend a ton of time on Twitter when nobody seems to be paying any attention to them.

It seems to be the same group that still believes The Oklahoman is the be-all-end-all of news. In other words, mainly those completely out of touch without realizing it.

I've been saying for the last few years that there's a subset of people in OKC who just really like to hear themselves talk on social media. Glad someone else noticed lol.

Several friends and I saw Robert's post that CLR's attorneys referenced within the first few pages of the their motion (about how he always did things the right way and felt others got ahead by being unethical), and had a feeling that CLR might use that against him eventually. It's amazing what people put in writing without thinking at all about the consequences.

PhiAlpha
04-26-2022, 04:32 PM
It's purely anecdotal on my part, but CLR seems pretty litigious. I seated a guy on a jury a few years ago who was a former engineer there who was then being sued by CLR over some intellectual property they accused him of taking.

For whatever it's worth, those guys take their IP very seriously.

They have been pretty overzealous with some of this but are not the only company to have done so. This kind of thing has been happening all over the place. Newfield sued some people for something similar a few years ago. I'm frankly surprised Devon hasn't gone after a few groups based on what I've heard.

A family friend, who had some similar issues with former employees from his company, mentioned it to Hamm who said something to the effect of "prosecute everyone of them to the fullest extend of the law. If they did it to you, they'll do it to someone else" so the three that I've seen CLR file so far weren't surprising. Based on how aggressively CLR's mineral company was buying and how much they were paying for minerals a few years ago, I have a feeling there will be more of these.

Dob Hooligan
04-26-2022, 04:33 PM
I'm on Twitter a lot, but I don't follow anyone in OKC. I use it for Las Vegas stuff and Super 70s sports.

April in the Plaza
04-26-2022, 04:56 PM
They have been pretty overzealous with some of this but are not the only company to have done so. This kind of thing has been happening all over the place. Newfield sued some people for something similar a few years ago. I'm frankly surprised Devon hasn't gone after a few groups based on what I've heard.

A family friend, who had some similar issues with former employees from his company, mentioned it to Hamm who said something to the effect of "prosecute everyone of them to the fullest extend of the law. If they did it to you, they'll do it to someone else" so the three that I've seen CLR file so far weren't surprising. Based on how aggressively CLR's mineral company was buying and how much they were paying for minerals a few years ago, I have a feeling there will be more of these.

The docket in the CLR v. Dyer case is absolutely wild. I can't even fathom how much both sides have spent to date on attorney's fees, and I would think at least some of CLR's claims, if successful, fall under Oklahoma's fee-shifting statutes.

thunderbird
04-27-2022, 09:16 AM
“prominent Oklahoma City independent oil and gas executive” that’s a serious stretch. Without his parents that dude couldn’t cut it as a landman at one of the majors in town.

barrettd
04-27-2022, 10:27 AM

Same here. And now, so many "news" outlets online simply quote a bunch of twitter feeds, so I feel like I'm getting a little of the Twitter experience. A little is plenty for me.

pw405
04-27-2022, 06:28 PM
I think this long rant people mention is actually a LinkedIN Post:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/continental-resources-demonstrates-corporate-america-has-hefner/