View Full Version : Friend Sex

Leon
11-09-2005, 05:09 PM
Could you have sex with a friend and view them the same the next day? Call it 'sex had simply to reduce both your inner stresses'. Still be friends only?.....even when they introduce their next lover to your mutual clique?

windowphobe
11-09-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm willing to experiment, but I kind of doubt it.

dirtrider73068
11-09-2005, 05:28 PM
I could and have done this, as long as both friends know this and one of them doesn't try to make it into a relationship. I see it as haveing sex with a trusted parnter knowign where they had been rahter than a stranger.

Leon
11-09-2005, 05:32 PM
It's a bigger deal for me.....friends are off limits.

Curt
11-09-2005, 05:38 PM
I could do it...sure why not.

Dave Cook
12-09-2005, 03:07 AM
All my friends are guys. So the answer is no.

mranderson
12-09-2005, 04:24 AM
When not in a committed relationship, then, if she is willing, I would say, sure. Why not.

Leon
12-09-2005, 03:41 PM
The probabilty of loosing your friend is high. If the love goes south it stresses out everyone in your circle of mutual friends.

Midtowner
12-16-2005, 12:56 PM
Not all friends are valuable, and as your interests/involvements change, you won't be around them anymore anyhow in many cases. Might as well get some while the gettin's good.

Also, different people have more of a capacity for emotional detatchment than others do, so what works for some in this department might not work for others.

swake
12-16-2005, 01:28 PM
I tried this once many years ago. After college, one of my closest friends and I were not in relationships at the same time, so she and I decided to try the friend-sex thing.

The arrangement only lasted a couple of months. The "rules" were hard to adhere to and there certainly was strain on our friendship. I would say that there is always going to be a tough balance between friends to maintain if you want to remain friends in a situation like this.

For myself, I have now been married to "my friend" for 11 over years, and we have two great kids. We are still really great friends, besides being married. So there you go. The friend-sex thing did NOT work out as we had expected, but it was all good anyway.