View Full Version : Sun Cattle

Pages : [1] 2 3

Pete
01-01-2022, 05:01 PM
New burger place with bar going in directly east of Flashback Retropub in Film Row.

Will be operated by Russ Johnson of Ludivine fame.

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/suncattle120821b.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/suncattle120821a.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/suncattle1.jpg

HTTP://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/suncattle101421a.jpg

Jeepnokc
01-01-2022, 05:33 PM
The website is a landing page with nothing on it but the google display says onion fried burgers. We were just lamenting the lack of just a regular place to eat in Film Row that is open at lunch and affordable for the average office worker. Although each of these have their plusses, Joeys is pizza, the sandwich shop has a limited menu and Jones Assembly is a little expensive for a lunch place for office support staff. This will certainly fill a hole. Funny enough...we were having this discussion while eating our Tuckers take out.

https://suncattle.com/

Pete
01-01-2022, 05:43 PM
^

I spoke to Russ about this place and he said they want to keep it simple and affordable.

Roger S
01-01-2022, 08:27 PM
We were just lamenting the lack of just a regular place to eat in Film Row that is open at lunch and affordable for the average office worker.

They will be getting my business for sure.... I will occasionally walk over to Joey's, Lazy Donkey or Sunnyside for lunch from my office but some days I just want a burger that's not fast food.

Is Jones Assembly open for lunch again?

shawnw
01-03-2022, 01:30 PM
Will be good for the West Village folks to have a new, non-sonic option

tvkokc
01-04-2022, 10:18 AM
Will be good for the West Village folks to have a new, non-sonic option

It was really slim pickins down there for affordable lunch options. I had been in the CBD/bricktown/downtown area for a while and it was really annoying to drop a 20 on lunch daily....

billokc
01-14-2022, 01:18 AM
Where is it? What's the address?

Pete
01-14-2022, 07:02 AM
Where is it? What's the address?

800 W. Sheridan; very close to Jones Assembly.

Pete
09-14-2022, 06:39 AM
Very slow progress:

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/suncattle091122a.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/suncattle091122b.jpg

Roger S
01-23-2023, 07:53 AM
Drove by there about 6:30 this morning and they had the place all lit up. It all looks really sharp... Especially all lit up in the dark!

They started hiring last week. Said they plan to open the end of this month.

thunderbird
02-01-2023, 06:58 PM
Went in last week for a soft opening, believe they opened today, 11am-11pm.

This place is legit all around. the food was great and seems the beef is sourced from an owners ranch which is pretty cool. The build out is top notch for what it is, you can tell a lot of love went into this, there’s little details and decor that really set this place apart from what we’re used to seeing lately. Really has a family owned feel (which it is in part).

I had the theta onion burger and a coney with slaw. Both were fantastic and I see this place being a staple in my downtown lunch rotation.

One of the owners is an acquaintance at best so I don’t have a dog in this fight, just thought it was a really cool place.

Edited to say the pricing is very reasonable and that they are using the whole cow in their grind, this is hard to find in ground beef unless you are processing yourself, it’s certainly debatable if it’s better tasting or not but I believe it is as I do this myself for our family.

Jeepnokc
02-01-2023, 09:42 PM
Went in last week for a soft opening, believe they opened today, 11am-11pm.

This place is legit all around. the food was great and seems the beef is sourced from an owners ranch which is pretty cool. The build out is top notch for what it is, you can tell a lot of love went into this, there’s little details and decor that really set this place apart from what we’re used to seeing lately. Really has a family owned feel (which it is in part).

I had the theta onion burger and a coney with slaw. Both were fantastic and I see this place being a staple in my downtown lunch rotation.

One of the owners is an acquaintance at best so I don’t have a dog in this fight, just thought it was a really cool place.

Edited to say the pricing is very reasonable and that they are using the whole cow in their grind, this is hard to find in ground beef unless you are processing yourself, it’s certainly debatable if it’s better tasting or not but I believe it is as I do this myself for our family.

Website is up now and has menu. Very reasonable pricing and good menu choices. Looks like I'll be buying lunch for the office sometime in the next week. Exciting to have a reasonable lunch place in the area. https://www.suncattle.com/menus/

BoulderSooner
02-01-2023, 10:14 PM
Website is up now and has menu. Very reasonable pricing and good menu choices. Looks like I'll be buying lunch for the office sometime in the next week. Exciting to have a reasonable lunch place in the area. https://www.suncattle.com/menus/

i went for lunch today had a deluxe burger and the tots . really solid for a good price .

was an good size onion burger

Pete
02-02-2023, 06:05 AM
Sun Cattle Co. opens in the West Village

Sun Cattle Co. has opened in the West Village District next to Flashback Retropub and near the Jones Assembly.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/suncattle020123d.jpg

Sun Cattle is operated by the team that brought us Ludivine and R&J Supper Club. They feature locally-sourced beef and serve onion-fried hamburgers, coneys, steak sandwiches, Frito chili pie, fries, onion rings, fried pickles, salads, shakes and desserts.

Hamburgers start at just $5.

Also cocktails, beer on draught plus bottles and cans.

Located at 800 W. Sheridan their hours are Monday through Saturday 11 AM to 11 PM.

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/suncattle020123a.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/suncattle020123c.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/suncattle020123g.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/suncattle020123e.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/suncattle020123f.jpg

http://www.okctalk.com/images/pete/suncattle020123ai.jpg

MartzMimic
02-02-2023, 07:02 AM
Coneys with slaw? I’m wondering if they’re doing a take on Sid’s hot dog slaw. I always grab a few jars when I’m in El Reno.

OkieBerto
02-02-2023, 10:48 AM
I went in for lunch yesterday and it wasn't that busy for some reason. It was when I left around 1 pm. I got the Big Jack, some chili cheese crowns, and a chocolate shake. It was all delicious and a lot of food for a good price. I couldn't finish the whole burger. It was massive and had plenty of flavors. The interior might be my favorite thing about this place. They even have old diner trays for the food. This is a home run for sure!

TommyYi
02-02-2023, 01:03 PM
I'd wait 3 weeks for the "OKCTalk Effect" to die down and they figure things out there.

Went there today and put in a to go order. 1 hour later I inquired on ETA and told them I had a hard stop and needed to head back to work soon. They couldn't give me an ETA and also said they couldn't give a refund at the time, as they're still trying to figure things out. They took my receipt and wrote my name and phone number and said they might call me later in the week to try and issue the refund....

Yeah... not crossing my fingers on getting that refund....

king183
02-02-2023, 01:26 PM
I am here currently (2:30pm) and it is packed. Not an empty seat.

Edit: It is no longer packed and it is, in fact, taking them a very long time to get orders out.

Edit 2: it took them about 40 minutes to get my order (a hamburger and fries) out. They will figure it out. They were slammed. Very good addition to the Film Row area.

Jersey Boss
02-02-2023, 01:54 PM
I'd wait 3 weeks for the "OKCTalk Effect" to die down and they figure things out there.

Went there today and put in a to go order. 1 hour later I inquired on ETA and told them I had a hard stop and needed to head back to work soon. They couldn't give me an ETA and also said they couldn't give a refund at the time, as they're still trying to figure things out. They took my receipt and wrote my name and phone number and said they might call me later in the week to try and issue the refund....

Yeah... not crossing my fingers on getting that refund....

The issurer of your card will credit you.

gjl
02-02-2023, 02:21 PM
Nice big booths. I hate going to restaurants with 4 adults and they put you in a booth that just isn't big enough for 4 grown adults.

MartzMimic
02-02-2023, 05:04 PM
I think we were there at the same time as Tommy. It was right at an hour before we got our food. Someone earlier mentioned their burger was too large to eat. The patty on my cheeseburger was smaller than you’d find on McDonald’s $1 menu. We were reminded of drugstore burgers we used to get as kids. The fries had no salt, probably because they used it all in the batter on the onion rings and steak nuggets.

gjl
02-02-2023, 05:27 PM
That's a shame. First impressions are important for return business.

catch22
02-02-2023, 05:38 PM
Hopefully, that was a fluke. I love a big burger. A place with Cattle in the name just implies I'm going to have a big, juicy burger that requires both hands to maneuver it and a stack of napkins to wipe up the grease.

Dob Hooligan
02-02-2023, 05:45 PM
I will never understand why anyone goes on the first day open and complains about anything. Makes. No. Sense.

I heard there was a surprising number of people (like school employees) who got the day off for the weather and had a cabin fever explosion after 10AM.

Pete
02-02-2023, 06:18 PM
To be clear, OkieBerto ordered the Big Jack which is a double-patty burger for $10.

If you order a hamburger or cheeseburger, that is a single patty for $5/$6.

MartzMimic
02-03-2023, 03:22 AM
To be clear, OkieBerto ordered the Big Jack which is a double-patty burger for $10.

If you order a hamburger or cheeseburger, that is a single patty for $5/$6.

Yes, I saw that. And if you stacked two of the patties like the one that was on my cheeseburger, it would have been the equivalent of a McDouble. I actually didn’t feel cheated. It was, as you say, a $6 cheeseburger and they were slammed.

And, Dob, you’re exactly right. I typically give new places a chance to work out the kinks before I go. In this case, I was treating a friend to lunch and this is where she picked.

barrettd
02-03-2023, 05:39 AM
I will never understand why anyone goes on the first day open and complains about anything. Makes. No. Sense.

I heard there was a surprising number of people (like school employees) who got the day off for the weather and had a cabin fever explosion after 10AM.

Yes, but on the other hand, a paying customer of a restaurant that is open for business should expect some kind of reasonable service and food for their time and money. Excusing bad service, inability to refund money, flavorless fries on a brand new restaurant is kind of a lot. If all those things aren't in place on opening day, why open at all?

I get the slowness when it's packed, but if the restaurant opens, it should be ready to do business.

Pete
02-03-2023, 06:26 AM
You have to take into account the OKCTalk factor.

I was there the first day it opened and they weren't busy at all.

I hate sounding braggy but when we post about something, the next several days the business is usually completely overrun. Our social media posts almost always blow up; our Instagram alone on Sun Cattle has received 4,400 'likes' and counting -- Facebook is bigger still. A typical OKCTalk post will reach engagement numbers well over 100,000; we've had some close to 500K.

Another recent example was the grand opening for Woodworks Distillery. They had been open a few weeks and not many people knew about it. I decided to post about their official grand opening last Saturday and that huge space was packed. Lots of people couldn't even get to the bar to place a drink order.

Zuplar
02-03-2023, 07:20 AM
The one thing that bugs me is that the name of the place makes it sound like a high end Steakhouse when it's really just a burger bar. Nothing wrong with that concept, but I wonder how many people may just go check it out thinking it's a steakhouse only to find out this fact. I love a good burger, so I'm interested to try it out nonetheless.

Pete
02-03-2023, 07:21 AM
^

Sun Cattle is a ranch here in Oklahoma and is a partner in this restaurant.

Dr Beard Face
02-03-2023, 07:58 AM
I went by for lunch yesterday and yeah, it was crazy slammed, but they also could have mentioned there were over 50 orders ahead of me, which resulted in me waiting over 1 hour for the big jack I ordered. I was expecting a long wait, but not that long. The burger itself was fine, didn't taste seasoned at all, and most of the burger flavor was the sauce. I was also laughing at seeing a bag of Great Value crowns being divided up and sold for $6 a serving, one serving pays for 2 full bags! I happen to think they are delicious, but they didn't seem to even season them. The onion rings were being battered right before cooking, so i do think those might be more worth it, but i didn't try any sides. I'll try again when it has calmed down. I think the burgers at Bar Arbodala are much better, but I like the expanded options at Sun Cattle.

OkiePoke
02-03-2023, 08:53 AM
Sounds like an opportunity for a premium subscription service. You send a newsletter before you make a social media post.

onthestrip
02-03-2023, 12:33 PM
I went by for lunch yesterday and yeah, it was crazy slammed, but they also could have mentioned there were over 50 orders ahead of me, which resulted in me waiting over 1 hour for the big jack I ordered. I was expecting a long wait, but not that long. The burger itself was fine, didn't taste seasoned at all, and most of the burger flavor was the sauce. I was also laughing at seeing a bag of Great Value crowns being divided up and sold for $6 a serving, one serving pays for 2 full bags! I happen to think they are delicious, but they didn't seem to even season them. The onion rings were being battered right before cooking, so i do think those might be more worth it, but i didn't try any sides. I'll try again when it has calmed down. I think the burgers at Bar Arbodala are much better, but I like the expanded options at Sun Cattle.

This is kind of crazy because the burger shown in the pic above should take like 4-5 minutes on a flat grill.

okatty
02-03-2023, 03:57 PM
We went today about 145 and there was no one in line. We were told it would be a 40 minute wait for food - which was fine as we were expecting it. They were not slammed but there were quite a few people sitting around the bar area and a few in booths. Their time estimate was pretty accurate - food came out about 35 minutes later and was good - split the burger and hot dog with my wife. It’s a cool space and I am sure they will get things together as they settle in.

When we left they had a sign posted that they were closed to prep for evening business until 430. I admit I was surprised by the “credit card fee” on the receipt (worked out to just over 3%).

BoulderSooner
02-03-2023, 06:39 PM
I admit I was surprised by the “credit card fee” on the receipt (worked out to just over 3%).

really sad that this is starting to become more and more common

HangryHippo
02-03-2023, 06:57 PM
really sad that this is starting to become more and more common
100%. It’s total horse****.

chssooner
02-03-2023, 07:43 PM
100%. It’s total horse****.

Why? They could be cash only and piss off even more people. Credit card fees are very real for vendors.

gjl
02-03-2023, 08:32 PM
Why? They could be cash only and piss off even more people. Credit card fees are very real for vendors.

Then they should adjust their prices so they are transparent to the customer,

Zuplar
02-03-2023, 08:54 PM
Had I gone there and not previously known about a credit card fee that would have left a terrible impression that quite likely would have led to me never going back. I agree with the sentiment that the price of the food should take this into consideration and if you want I’m fine with then offering a cash discount.

Zuplar
02-03-2023, 08:56 PM

Just like every other ingredient in the burger is known to them and they price the burgers accordingly. Obviously the fees are real and obviously they know that’s how most people pay.

Jersey Boss
02-03-2023, 09:15 PM
We went today about 145 and there was no one in line. We were told it would be a 40 minute wait for food - which was fine as we were expecting it. They were not slammed but there were quite a few people sitting around the bar area and a few in booths. Their time estimate was pretty accurate - food came out about 35 minutes later and was good - split the burger and hot dog with my wife. It’s a cool space and I am sure they will get things together as they settle in.

When we left they had a sign posted that they were closed to prep for evening business until 430. I admit I was surprised by the “credit card fee” on the receipt (worked out to just over 3%).

The AG consumer protection division should be contacted. Your card issuer should also be informed.
Yes it is a very small fee, yet it appears to be an illegal charge in Oklahoma.

2022 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 14A. Consumer Credit Code
§14A-2-417. Surcharge for use of credit or debit card.
Universal Citation: 14A OK Stat § 2-417 (2022)
A. No seller in any sales transaction may impose a surcharge on a cardholder who elects to use a credit card or debit card in lieu of payment by cash, check or similar means.

B. As used in this section, "debit card" means any instrument or device, whether known as a debit card or by any other name, issued with or without fee by an issuer for the use of the cardholder in depositing, obtaining or transferring funds from a consumer banking electronic facility.

C. For purposes of this section, a private educational institution as defined in paragraph (e) of Section 3102 of Title 70 of the Oklahoma Statutes, a private school defined as a nonpublic entity conducting an educational program for at least one grade between prekindergarten through twelve, a municipality as defined in paragraph 5 of Section 1-102 of Title 11 of the Oklahoma Statutes or a public trust with a municipality as its beneficiary may charge a service fee. The service fee may be applied to online or in-person transactions and shall be used to offset bank processing fees, financial transaction fees, the cost of providing for secure transaction, portal fees, and fees necessary to compensate for increased bandwidth incurred as a result of providing the transaction.

Added by Laws 1977, c. 135, § 2, emerg. eff. June 3, 1977. Amended by Laws 2010, c. 69, § 2, eff. Nov. 1, 2010; Laws 2012, c. 221, § 2; Laws 2015, c. 319, § 3, eff. Nov. 1, 2015; Laws 2017, c. 31, § 2, eff. Nov. 1, 2017; Laws 2019, c. 232, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 2019.

catch22
02-03-2023, 10:28 PM
Interesting…

Dob Hooligan
02-04-2023, 05:46 AM
The AG consumer protection division should be contacted. Your card issuer should also be informed.
Yes it is a very small fee, yet it appears to be an illegal charge in Oklahoma.

2022 Oklahoma Statutes
Title 14A. Consumer Credit Code
§14A-2-417. Surcharge for use of credit or debit card.
Universal Citation: 14A OK Stat § 2-417 (2022)
A. No seller in any sales transaction may impose a surcharge on a cardholder who elects to use a credit card or debit card in lieu of payment by cash, check or similar means.

B. As used in this section, "debit card" means any instrument or device, whether known as a debit card or by any other name, issued with or without fee by an issuer for the use of the cardholder in depositing, obtaining or transferring funds from a consumer banking electronic facility.

C. For purposes of this section, a private educational institution as defined in paragraph (e) of Section 3102 of Title 70 of the Oklahoma Statutes, a private school defined as a nonpublic entity conducting an educational program for at least one grade between prekindergarten through twelve, a municipality as defined in paragraph 5 of Section 1-102 of Title 11 of the Oklahoma Statutes or a public trust with a municipality as its beneficiary may charge a service fee. The service fee may be applied to online or in-person transactions and shall be used to offset bank processing fees, financial transaction fees, the cost of providing for secure transaction, portal fees, and fees necessary to compensate for increased bandwidth incurred as a result of providing the transaction.

Added by Laws 1977, c. 135, § 2, emerg. eff. June 3, 1977. Amended by Laws 2010, c. 69, § 2, eff. Nov. 1, 2010; Laws 2012, c. 221, § 2; Laws 2015, c. 319, § 3, eff. Nov. 1, 2015; Laws 2017, c. 31, § 2, eff. Nov. 1, 2017; Laws 2019, c. 232, § 1, eff. Nov. 1, 2019.
My business got billed for paying by credit card from a national software vendor. It is a monthly payment. Wife asked them for justification (since we believed as you do that it is not legal in Oklahoma) and they sent a copy of an Oklahoma Attorney General’s office advisory opinion from 2016 ish. Mike Hunter was in office. It is several pages of review of other states laws and case law that seems to conclude “Maybe-maybe not”. I could see from reading it that, short of legal action, we were stuck paying it. And very possibly lose if we pursued it.
I think a credit card surcharge is bad business. They are universally despised and seen as nickel and diming of the worst kind.

catch22
02-04-2023, 08:28 AM
One of the ones that is coming around now is a discount for using a bank account to pay for things versus auto pay with a credit card. I’m sorry but I don’t want Comcast, Verizon, my insurance company, utility company, and who knows how many other services to have my bank account details in their servers and permission to access it to withdraw funds. These “discounts” range anywhere from $5-10 a month. I refuse to tie my bank account details to any website. I guess I’m stuck paying extra to use a credit card.

I say “discount” because they have basically raised their rates by the same amount, and then call it a discount.

gjl
02-04-2023, 08:45 AM
One of the ones that is coming around now is a discount for using a bank account to pay for things versus auto pay with a credit card. I’m sorry but I don’t want Comcast, Verizon, my insurance company, utility company, and who knows how many other services to have my bank account details in their servers and permission to access it to withdraw funds. These “discounts” range anywhere from $5-10 a month. I refuse to tie my bank account details to any website. I guess I’m stuck paying extra to use a credit card.

I say “discount” because they have basically raised their rates by the same amount, and then call it a discount.

You know anyone you write a check to has all that information. It's printed on the bottom of the check.

Zuplar
02-04-2023, 09:41 AM
You know anyone you write a check to has all that information. It's printed on the bottom of the check.

Right. But how many individuals do you know that turn around and keep that in a database that could be hacked by bad actors?

Jersey Boss
02-04-2023, 09:54 AM
My business got billed for paying by credit card from a national software vendor. It is a monthly payment. Wife asked them for justification (since we believed as you do that it is not legal in Oklahoma) and they sent a copy of an Oklahoma Attorney General’s office advisory opinion from 2016 ish. Mike Hunter was in office. It is several pages of review of other states laws and case law that seems to conclude “Maybe-maybe not”. I could see from reading it that, short of legal action, we were stuck paying it. And very possibly lose if we pursued it.
I think a credit card surcharge is bad business. They are universally despised and seen as nickel and diming of the worst kind.
Seeing how this is an Oklahoma based entity there is a difference. I'd just subtract the fee from their total when signing the receipt and sign for the corrected total.
In the alternative, pay with cash. That also eliminates the awkard tip request at fast casual pay before your food arrives set up.

Dob Hooligan
02-04-2023, 10:13 AM
Seeing how this is an Oklahoma based entity there is a difference. I'd just subtract the fee from their total when signing the receipt and sign for the corrected total.
In the alternative, pay with cash. That also eliminates the awkard tip request at fast casual pay before your food arrives set up.

I might complain, and never go back, but I am darn sure gonna pay it.

gjl
02-04-2023, 10:26 AM
Just roll the 3-4% into the cost of the product. If adding that to the cost of whatever you are selling is going to make you not able to attract customers then you probably shouldn't be in that business. Don't even offer a paying in cash discount. That just complicates things at the point of sale.

Or be like Winco and drop CCs completely. They only accept debit cards and cash now because apparently merchant fees are less on debit than credit. Probably easier for a large company like that to do it than a burger shop without losing too many customers. Although as already posted here, having a line item CC fee for a burger shop is costing them customers.

MagzOK
02-04-2023, 10:45 AM
Just roll the 3-4% into the cost of the product. If adding that to the cost of whatever you are selling is going to make you not able to attract customers then you probably shouldn't be in that business. Don't even offer a paying in cash discount. That just complicates things at the point of sale.

Or be like Winco and drop CCs completely. They only accept debit cards and cash now because apparently merchant fees are less on debit than credit. Probably easier for a large company like that to do it than a burger shop without losing too many customers. Although as already posted here, having a line item CC fee for a burger shop is costing them customers.

Yep. I'm a one and done at places that do that. To each their own goes both ways. All these entities wanting to go to a cashless society only to charge surcharges for not using cash.

Dob Hooligan
02-04-2023, 11:15 AM

I hate CC fees, but I take them with a smile. At least to the customer. Don't like 'em, don't take 'em.

Because of the way my business operates, my average CC transaction is over $500. With consolidation in the processing companies and banks, total fees and charges can get up to between 5 and 8%. Had a customer last week who was sent a $1200 insurance payment that was supposed to come to me. He offered to give me CC over the phone. That high an amount with no card or signature could cost me $80-100. Do I take the card and have money in 3 days, wait for him to come by, or go pick it up at his office 5 miles away as a service?

MagzOK
02-04-2023, 11:24 AM
From what I understand, merchants can negotiate with card processors for their rate and those rates can vary based on anti-fraud measures the merchant has in place, among other variables.

gjl
02-04-2023, 11:34 AM
I haven't heard. Did anything ever come of this?

https://www.yahoo.com/now/congress-trying-pass-bill-end-230534246.html

Mott
02-04-2023, 11:46 AM
My wife reminded me that there is a fee for using credit cards for license from the tag agency.

gjl
02-04-2023, 11:48 AM
My wife reminded me that there is a fee for using credit cards for license from the tag agency.

Yep. That's one of the few places I still write checks.

OKCRealtor
02-04-2023, 12:18 PM
I've noticed Abels started doing this within the last year or so but offer a cash discount. I don't like it but it's better than the hassle of cash IMO and won't keep us from going there.

I feel like it should be rolled into the cost of menu pricing already, same with liquor tax, as it leaves a bad taste in the customers mouth. That said I also know how tough the restaurant biz is and the bottom line is razor thin in most cases and has been particularly tough since 2020, raging inflation now, etc. Of course most of these same places doing this also took questionable PPP money all the way to the bank.

Zuplar
02-04-2023, 07:43 PM
From what I understand, merchants can negotiate with card processors for their rate and those rates can vary based on anti-fraud measures the merchant has in place, among other variables.

You are correct. I’ve recently been part of one of these negotiations and we were able to lower our rate.

Dob Hooligan
02-05-2023, 08:36 AM
You are correct. I’ve recently been part of one of these negotiations and we were able to lower our rate.

Sure, you can negotiate items. But the number of companies processing credit card transactions consolidate and become more interlinked with business banking, credit lines, check deposit availability time, loan securitization obligations, etc.

TheTravellers
02-05-2023, 12:08 PM
Yep. That's one of the few places I still write checks.

Ha, ditto.

Zuplar
02-05-2023, 04:33 PM
Sure, you can negotiate items. But the number of companies processing credit card transactions consolidate and become more interlinked with business banking, credit lines, check deposit availability time, loan securitization obligations, etc.

I’m really not sure what you are trying to say.

No one is locked into one provider and there are a few to choose from. There is also constantly start-up Fintechs trying to save people money in this particular area. I do not buy the narrative that people have no choice or even limited choice.