View Full Version : Keep getting previous resident plate pay toll invoice at my address

ahlokc
12-04-2021, 02:12 AM
I keep getting the previous residents plate pay toll invoice in the mail at my house address. I have called the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority, OTA plate pay and they said they can’t do anything about it and advised me to call the Oklahoma Tax Commission who said they can’t do anything unless they have the vin or license plate number, however I’d rather not open someone else’s mail to get that info. Only department I haven’t called yet is the Oklahoma Department of Motor Vehicles (would that be under the Department of Public Safety?). Any other state agencies you think I should call? It is kind of annoying and I always Return to sender the toll invoices, just thought if anyone has dealt with this before or has any ideas how to fix this. Thanks!

T. Jamison
12-04-2021, 11:27 AM
Lol. Those could easily be mine. I changed my address with the DMV when I moved and renewed my tag but just only recently changed my address with the Platepay when I setup my Pikepass account. I guess I assumed they would send the invoices to the address the car is registered to, or the owner of the car's address but apparently not. Dealing with Platepay without a Pikepass account is a total joke. My wife's family lives right off the test exit in Jenks, so I have been dealing with this issue for years now.

I suspect OTA coffers will skyrocket after thousands of $40+ late fees on $0.50 tolls. For anyone with this experience, they will waive the late fees if you open a Pikepass account. You just have to deposit the first $40 into the account. At least they did for my wife.

unfundedrick
12-04-2021, 08:17 PM
Lol. Those could easily be mine. I changed my address with the DMV when I moved and renewed my tag but just only recently changed my address with the Platepay when I setup my Pikepass account. I guess I assumed they would send the invoices to the address the car is registered to, or the owner of the car's address but apparently not. Dealing with Platepay without a Pikepass account is a total joke. My wife's family lives right off the test exit in Jenks, so I have been dealing with this issue for years now.

I suspect OTA coffers will skyrocket after thousands of $40+ late fees on $0.50 tolls. For anyone with this experience, they will waive the late fees if you open a Pikepass account. You just have to deposit the first $40 into the account. At least they did for my wife.
Maybe I'm just lucky but I have never had a Pikepass account and have used Platepay with no problems at all.

Brett
12-05-2021, 02:38 AM
This sounds like an opportunity to contact KFOR's In Your Corner. :)

T. Jamison
12-06-2021, 10:44 AM
Maybe I'm just lucky but I have never had a Pikepass account and have used Platepay with no problems at all.

We didn't really have any issues until after a move. When we logged into my wife's account, we paid off all of the tolls so we could renew her tag. Then, when we tried to renew her tag, it said there was still a hold. When we called Platepay, they had a duplicate account for her car. Since we never received an invoice, we couldn't find the account because we didn't have the numbers you need to get in. I changed my address with the DMV on both our drivers license and car's registration. I didn't even think to change our address with Platepay.

I will say, their customer service was probably the best I have ever experienced in my life. Extremely nice and helpful.