View Full Version : The Hill

Karried
11-08-2005, 11:47 AM
I attended a meeting this morning regarding the Hill. I took notes because I know many of you are interested in this project.

You probably know most of this but I'll post for those who don't. First I would like to say that if anyone is serious about putting down a 5K refundable deposit to reserve a unit - please call me!

Most of this I hope I heard correctly, but again if you have any questions, the builders are happy to work with Realtors.

Project should commence January and take up to 2 years to complete.

Regarding the units:

159 - 171 units

1465 sf - 3100 sf

Some end units will have side yards. A few units will have elevators.

Some will be 50 ft tall with terraces.

There will be a green - walking path around complex.

Price to be determined but possible to be $175 per square foot .. check back later for an accurate price.

High end amenities, stainless steel Kitchen Aid Architect Series, granite in kitchens and master bedroom.. wood floors, oversize tile, berber carpet - all very upscale fixtures.

The priority is to start the sound barrier against noise from 235. The development will be 35 feet below the elevation of the highway and surrounded by a 10 ft wall with screen to muffle and manage the noise.

The alleys will be gated but the streets have to remain public. The alleys will be landscaped and beautified ( garages will be facing the alley and garbage pickup will be in the alleys).

There will be a clubhouse called Town Hall where there will be a full post office, concierge, indoor and outdoor pool, gym and facilities for gatherings. On the Town Hall will be a cuppola from the Avery Chapel and arches.

Thursday will be a meeting OKC planning commission.

If you have any questions, post or PM me and I'll try to get the answers for you.

Karried
11-08-2005, 03:54 PM
Metro, I thought you would want details on this ...

metro
11-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Thanks Karried, I pretty much knew all that already but I appreciate you posting for those who may not. I was at most of their meetings and the OCURA meetings when they were taking bids and selecting the bids for this project. I'm sad to see Canfields good old boy tactics won. This was not the right project.

fromdust
11-09-2005, 08:38 PM
thanks karried for posting the info.

jbrown84
11-10-2005, 07:51 PM
If the development is 35 feet below 235, does that mean they are knocking down the Hill and thus defeating the purpose of calling it The Hill?

metro
10-05-2007, 03:14 PM
I drove by a few minutes ago. They've started to go vertical finally. They started the basic wood framework on a couple of units. I took pictures and will try to post them this weekend.

Karried
10-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Wow, that was a few years ago. I'm not doing real estate any longer for those who knew me 'when' but I do have some amazing friends who are still very active in the business if you need someone to help you through the process.

metro
10-05-2007, 03:48 PM
Sad thing is Karried, your original email above from the Hill meeting you attended stated it would take 2 years to complete (which was probably their "plan"). It's two years later and they're just now getting seriously started on it. I'm not surprised in the least bit. It's another OCURA project. Most of their projects are a joke and take longer than the competitors with better quality bids.

Karried
10-05-2007, 04:22 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking! 2 years for completion and it's just getting started.

That is sad! More like wishful thinking on their part!

Pete
10-05-2007, 06:56 PM
They've really cost themselves a lot of money in the delay.

Not only for not having any money coming in but also because construction costs and interest rates have gone up. Also, it appears the market in general has softened a bit.

I wonder how the Brownstones at Maywood are selling? They are almost finished now and when I was in town a few weeks ago it looked like it's going to be a slick development.

Architect2010
10-05-2007, 10:21 PM
kinda off topic, buttttt.....
does anyone know why the triangle website doesnt work???

Andy1807
10-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Triangle Development? I know TAP's website has under development for a long time. They might be revamping.

2 year delay probably cost them 11-15% PER YEAR in material pricing and it could end up costing them extended overhead because the construction market is so tight that they'll be fighting for manpower the whole way through.

metro
10-06-2007, 08:38 PM
They've really cost themselves a lot of money in the delay.

Not only for not having any money coming in but also because construction costs and interest rates have gone up. Also, it appears the market in general has softened a bit.

I wonder how the Brownstones at Maywood are selling? They are almost finished now and when I was in town a few weeks ago it looked like it's going to be a slick development.

Actually Malibu, the Brownstones at Maywood park are nowhere near completion. Those units you saw were only the first few units in the development. Phase 1 of 3 phases if you will. The entire project will take several years, just like the Hill will only Maywood should go faster since OCURA isn't working on it.